Sign in to follow this  
aus_twisted

CTI in ArmA

Hi, im personally againist the CTI mode in the servers, in the OFP

it used to be really really boring and a thing for campers and childs,

i also think that that's bring down the OFP to the BF2 level (which's very low...) what i like of the MP are the coops, and now we could play play coops human vs. human sides if the ArmA supports large player numbers.

Wasn't fun (at least for me) to travel on foot long distances with nothing to do until reach X village covered by a dirty camper and his/her satchels; and the few times that i played to that boring MP mode... i never seen more than 32 players (camping) in the same server, and most of 'em... became quitters at the 15 or 20mins of camping without nothing to do except smoke a cigarette waiting for the next target to blow his head off. That's why i don't like the CTI mode and why i hope that it don't become the main MP mode played in servers; there's the BF2 for play in that way. Let's C ya

So why bother replying in a CTI thread then? this thread is for people that are interested in CTI lol.

CTI brings OFP down to BF2 level? have you ever played CTI in a organised squad or team? sure sounds like you haven't.

Well people that choose to camp is as realistic as it gets, what do you think happens in real wars? Would you simply run off to the next town if you needed to hold a certain area? If people choose to camp in one area then let them do it, but I can tell you now camping in one area by yourself for to long doesn't help your side much either and the camper can easily be killed if the other team is smart.

I agree with AUS_twisted. People that didnt play an organised CTI game shouldnt bother posting here. Try it frist before you bash it.

The current public games are most time quite tactical IF you have a good comm/leader.

I love CTI inlove.gif

I love to set up my base were i like, i love to attack with every possible vehicle, from jeep to a bomber.

I dont care if BIS make it differend, there will be more CTIs in ArmA, like in OFP.

MFCTI, crCTI, KICTI, RTS3, dlCTI ... so i don't worry about CTI in ArmA. smile_o.gif

I've only ever played OFP CTI singleplayer, but I still love it to bits biggrin_o.gif

To me, the ArmA CTI sounds just as good, and eliminates the hassle of base management (if anyone says "not a hassle, blah blah blah", I don't care, people, it was a hassle) as well as the craziness of base building (civvies running around and doing random things to crumpled pieces of paper till they stopped being crumpled... wtf). Also, I just plain like it. Good work, BIS, you've taken a popular concept and not been afraid to put your own spin on it thumbs-up.gif

I've only ever played OFP CTI singleplayer, but I still love it to bits biggrin_o.gif

To me, the ArmA CTI sounds just as good, and eliminates the hassle of base management (if anyone says "not a hassle, blah blah blah", I don't care, people, it was a hassle) as well as the craziness of base building (civvies running around and doing random things to crumpled pieces of paper till they stopped being crumpled... wtf). Also, I just plain like it. Good work, BIS, you've taken a popular concept and not been afraid to put your own spin on it thumbs-up.gif

just curious to know...is it really the official word that theres no COOP available for this new CTI mode?...or is it just speculation?

It was mostly the cheaters that convinced us to run mostly coop cti on our server. Thanks goes out to CRcti for making the ai's hard to beat!

The scale of maps DOES NOT compare to any BF versions!!

We all know, if ARMA doesn't come with coop cti...the modders will fix it notworthy.gif

One other thing: isn't it now possible to control more than 12 squad members? If this is the case, then it'd be very nice for these scenarios.

if i remember right each player is able to command up to 40 ai soldeirs. can be that i am wrong, but i think i heard it at the PC-Action Magazin DVD.

I try to control up to 78 AI and this is no problem smile_o.gif

theres a video showing 134 in one group!

I played the new CTI and i must say its fun, but it will get better. You take a town, and well on the radio you hear, "Town captured, send in the paratroopers to secure the area" then a blackhawk drops 7-10 SF and then after securing the area you hear, "AREA Secured, Send the supplie convoy, Out." I Still have alot to look at in the cti but from what i seen so far, awsome.

yes actuly, ill go take some screenshots right now.. what type of screen shots? like what do u want to see?

okay this is alot better than i expected. i cant see what everyone was complaining about.

Speaking of men with Stingers on LSTs;

Does ArmA now allow free movement on board vehicles in motion?

No.

Damn sad_o.gif

just think tho a static ship will be much easyer to walk around and fight on without clipping though everything. :P

Yesterday i tried a solo BIS CTI run:

I grabbed a M1 and went into the nearest town (with a flag) an killed the res..eh royals. Shortly later the paratroopers cam (as described above). Later the convoy came. All the time there were some minimalistic tries of the royals to recapture the town - that were easily encountered. In the meantime i ordered myself 2 armored units (no choices there) and send them to other towns, but they ran out of gas a few meters away from base.

A short time after the truck came the game ended and told me that my side won - i don't know why exactly. My guess is that the royals found and seize the unoccupied nmy base. I didn't found an option to use ai, so i assume it doenst work for solo games.