Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience v0.3

A bloody portable Starlight scope!

Please.

i second that!

Hi guys, this mod is really "The leading, most detailed and the most comprehensive Vietnam War modification for OFP."

downloaded it but I have a little and..ehm noobish question:

I saw this soldier on your site

VTE_Promo42s.jpg

But I cant find that guy in your mod!AirCav?Army?Dont know where he is, tried to find him ..but nothing.

Could you give me a little advice?

Thank you very much!

BTW:Sry for my crappy english, still learning, iam czech.Hope you understand me wink_o.gif

BTW2:oh, and I get a little bug:The Empty objects(Dead soldiers without hands or legs) are not working!I just put them into the map(Editor) but they are not there!

didn't include it as the arms usually animated very poorly.

I dont know, I havent been playing MP for a while now. Sorry.

The squad sounds were deemed a pain in the arse by that makers, so they were removed. I recall the reasoning was that it was possible to get shot whilst the AI swamped the radio with commands.

Swamped with the radio commands ,,, this is the least problem if you know how to spit and duck The-Architect, the real question is if you can distinguish the radio buzzing from the in-head buzzing when you came home early morning from some Gay Club in those Norwich suburbs.

So The-Architect, use a Vaseline next time if you feel a pain in the arse, and then that buzzing will stop also, which means you'll be cured from being swamped with the radio commands.

Why is there no sound?

Its been explained many times, but this one is for you; in OFP the radio comms play out as long as the sound clip is, if you issue order for your AI squad members, they will not "get it" before the sound clip has played out completely, also I'm not 100% sure if there is a queue on top of that. In simple terms, while sound is playing you cannot order your men around, imagine a enemy popping behind a tree and you try to order your team member to fire him or at least make him aware that there is enemy... but no, there is bunch of useless radio chatter going on and you lose valuable seconds before the sounds are finished.

WGL mod did it and now there is even addon/config for ArmA that removes them. Also I believe Suma mentioned that they tried to code ArmA so that there is minimum of this sound delay queue or what ever it can be called, but its not perfect solution as is the one we did with config here.

Next version of VTE will feature optional config which has the sounds enabled.

Quote[/b] ]How to enable it?

By waiting next VTE version or editing the cfgVoices.

Could someone please make an ammo box with the wests' weapons?

The next version is under work and I have no idea when its ready, most likely not very quickly as I'm bit busy on Falcon 4 Theaters at the moment.

Quote[/b] ]Could someone please make an ammo box with the wests' weapons?

There is the normal JAM3 weapon boxes you can use and then VTE has its own boxes, check them out from the readme or here:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> Ammo storage

VTE_ammocrateW, tons, (VTE Ammo Crate W)

VTE_ammocrateE, tons, (VTE Ammo Crate E)

VTE_ammoBoxW, tons, (VTE Ammo Box W)

VTE_ammoBoxE, tons, (VTE Ammo Box E)

VTE_ammoBoxW2, tons, (VTE Ammo Box W 2)

VTE_ammoBoxE2, tons, (VTE Ammo Box E 2)

Hope that helps.

I don't think the vte boxes have weapons in them do they?

regardless thanks for the quick reply snake and for this wonderful mod. It's the only thing I've played for quite some time.

Hi folks from vte staff,

since ArmA -at least to my opinion- will need a heap of talented modding applied to it before it can even compete with the refined OFP we have nowadays, let alone be superior to it, I still play our beloved old game.

While my PC isn't strong enough to show ArmA in high details (actually, CPU is sufficient but with a 6800 GT AGP card you can only get decent 20 - 25 FPS if you scale graphics down to a level where it doesn't look much better than OFP), I could accept that if quality stuff like your vte 0.3 would be available for it.

But until that day, I stick to my OFP and mainly to SP campaign and mission play. I enjoy especially the big all-in-one-projects like vte or WWII complete.

But I got used to play with either ECP/GRAA 3.0 combo or GRAA 3.0 only or ECP/DMALEAN combo (thanks a lot to Mr. Burns from OFPC.de for creating that one for me) or, at least and for a minimum, DMA Lean and Roll mod.

Now if I load vte 0.3 only, I don't get the face bug some people talked about in the beginning of this thread. But if I edit the vte config for using DMA Lean and Roll mod, the game won't even start. If I add the GRAA 3.0 light version (no soldiers and faces changed, only animations added like lean, roll, firing AT from lying and stuff) every vte west soldier with steel helmet has the face bug, but SEAL types and most other Boonie hat wearing personell look perfectly right, only those with a BIS head style face and Boonie, plus the helmeted soldiers of course, are weird.

Basically all I really need is leaning and rolling, so if somebody here might have a tip for me how to get vte 0.3 running with that feature, please let it hear. Oh, just to mention it: I know there's a SLX config for vte 0.3 and the newest SLX (SLX has Lean/roll included) but I tried that combo and found it to demanding for my hardware and it also ruined a lot of vte missions which apparently were not written for SLX AI behaviour.

Hope anybody has an idea for my problem,

tourist

Last phases of VTE v0.4 development has begun, if you're interested check more details in the official forum.

Thanks for the great mod notworthy.gif! I can tell a lot of hours have been put into this. The only thing I would like to see is the lean/roll ability, and different iron sight textures. I'm still new to the whole OFP so if there is an addon that you would suggest for compatible iron sights, please let me know if this is not do-able for v0.4. Thanks again!!

Vietnam: The Experience v0.4 has been released, please use the new v0.4 topic for discussions from now on. Thank you.