Sign in to follow this  
olemissrebel

Arabia-BETA

Yea, I originally had all BIS objects, but I believe the mapfact ones are reasonable enough, and aren't that large in file size.

and most people will have the mafact addons in their collection, they are pretty much a standard addon i would say. keep up the good work:)

The one you have now will be it, I'm afraid. I've stopped work on that, as I'm now working for the IM:UC mod. I would like people to make good missions, perhaps with the dynamic AI creator for Arabia, as the 'new' version (release date unknown, not due to myself) doesnt differ much from the one you all have now. The towns are in the same place, but the whole map doesnt use a single BIS, or DMA Libya object. That's all I can say for now.

Hi, I downloaded your Arabia map a while ago, and installed all the needed addons (I had most of them anyway), but it didn't work, I couldn't see the island in the island selection screen...

Very good island!

I'm surprised not more people take notice of this fantastic island.

Are there any missions for this island out?

yeah Ive been playing arround on that map. Its absolutly incredible for flying. Low level high speed! Also the AI manages quite well, Ive also been sitting in the back seat on several high speed rides and well its Fkn great! thumbs-up.gif

Also for low level apache stuff its cool, but with a jet thrue the canyon is uber cool! yay.gifthumbs-up.gif

wow_o.gif

I'm surprised not more people take notice of this fantastic island.

as my intel claims, my biggest military force, created in editor is stationed at this island area.

everything fits on this island...

yeah, it's highways are very good for low level flying over cars or convays, deserts for tank battles...

all in all this island deserves from everyone at least a try.

P.S. I even haven't got time to test DMA_Lybia map. Well maybe it's better, but who knows, i'm fully satisfied with arabia thumbs-up.gif

DMA libya is a very good map, however it's a lot smaller compared to this one...

i appreciate the compliments

DMA libya is a very good map, however it's a lot smaller compared to this one...

i appreciate the compliments

SMALLER?? huh.gifwow_o.gif

Wow I thought DMA's Libya was big. Will defo have to give this a try.

P.S.

There's another island called North Africa ( HERE ), hence why I thought I couldn't see this one in the editor

as i remember, Beta1 release of arabia was called north africa in the editor. Now Beta 2 release is called arabia for me...

strange...

maybe it's about time to test DMA_Lybia... biggrin_o.gif

Sorry to repeat the question:

Is there any mission/campaign released for this fantastic island?

no... at least not that i know of. and yes, it's significantly smaller than arabia... it shouldn't be in the editor as north africa, if it is, you have the old version and should look through the thread to get the newest

I tried your arabia beta2 but couldn't get it to work.

CTD: 'out of reserved memory' using only the island

without any other addon deployed on the map.

I got 2gb's of ram even tho. huh.gif

I know you won't be able to fix anything for me 'cause

something's rather f**'ed up with me configuration.

~S~ CD

it's def. your configuration, as i only have 1 gig and with even FFUR and the like i can use it with -nomap, at 1440 by 900

I read wrong, my bad tounge2.gif

CD: are you sure your ram is 100% working, and not damaged or so? that could also f-word things up

Quote[/b] ]CD: are you sure your ram is 100% working, and not damaged or so? that could also f-word things up

It's a very new pc and it's only Arabia where this happens.

btw - figured out that beta1 also crashes now huh.gif

~S~ CD

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I have a new version of this island using only IMUC objects from their latest release, as well as their ground textures. If anyone's interested, find me a host. I will not use rapidshare either. This has been finished since the end of last summer, and will not be further tested!

I will do it later on this evening, as I have to go back to school. The Island might not show up, as I fucked with the PBO trying to get it to work in Armed Assault. If all else fails, you can just take the .wrp file and temporarily overwrite one of the default islands

I tried your arabia beta2 but couldn't get it to work.

CTD: 'out of reserved memory' using only the island

without any other addon deployed on the map.

I got 2gb's of ram even tho.  huh.gif

I know you won't be able to fix anything for me 'cause

something's rather f**'ed up with me configuration.

~S~ CD

try also with my HDT map.. if it happens, is because there are to many objects to load...

oh, and use -nomap -nospash wink_o.gif not ony the first

Linker Split