Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

Single addon UVA's

Been looking around for some good UAV's but cant seam to find any that still exist. At least not as single addons.

The Dragon Warrior one had vanished, and so have all the others. Is this because they have to use so many custom scripts that the are ONLY included with full mods?

afair the BW Mod Dingo had a UAV included, maybe that´s enough for ya?

I´m sure to have the Dragon UAV somewhere around but searching through .. errr .. "nineteen" CD/DVD´s is not an option at all tounge2.gif

I´m sure to have the Dragon UAV somewhere around but searching through .. errr .. "nineteen" CD/DVD´s is not an option at all tounge2.gif

I thought the Dragon UAV was really good, but for the life of me I cant find it. But there were some other cool ones too.

Yeah it was cool indeed.

If only our page had a better search function ... but it´s not like that. My tip would be trying the one from BW-Mod as it does´nt need tons of addons and also is modelled after a RL example.

I´m sure to have the Dragon UAV somewhere around but searching through .. errr .. "nineteen" CD/DVD´s is not an option at all  tounge2.gif

You surely mean teh ALADIN UAV contained in the Fennek pack right? wink_o.gif

You surely mean teh ALADIN UAV contained in the Fennek pack right? wink_o.gif

Exactly, that´s the one.

btw: is that avatar your families crest?

DragonWarrior actually has hellfire rocket in real world smile_o.gif

That one has not wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Are you sure?  I can’t find any reference to an armed version, in fact the only reference I can find says:

Quote[/b] ]...the Cypher II aka "Dragon Warrior" prototypes were developed by the USMC  to a requirement for a HMMWV-transportable, vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) unmanned air vehicle for USMC missions....

…The first full-scale prototype flight tests were scheduled beginning summer 2002 with mission demonstrations beginning in 2003. The overall body length will be 112 inches with a rotor diameter of 108 inches. With a gross weight of 250 lb and a payload capacity of 25 - 35 lb, Dragon Warrior will have an estimated endurance of 3 – 5 hours and a dash speed of 100 kt.

I think you are thinking of something else.  This particular UAV doesn’t have the available payload to carry a Hellfire.  Sikorsky have since completely re-designed the Dragon Warrior to more closely resemble a conventional helicopter.  Even then its far too small to carry a Hellfire.

I should also point out that RKSL has nothing to do with this addon - i'm just rehosting it for others.

Hi all!

Well there's also the UAV from the OFrP Mod which is a helicopter, not simulated so, but nice to fly and to use. From this base I've worked for a very long time on a console to use multiple UAV's and also MP compatible. The model is from the FdF as we use the same in the swiss army, so in the SwissMod

I've almost made everything for it:

- Altitude control

- Waypoint control

- Nightvision

- Camera Zoom

- Camera Rotation

- Camera Up/Down control

- Launcher system included

- Status display in the list

- Usual informations as speed, position, altitude, etc.

- Full Screen view option

- Autodestruction

- Autolanding via a Laserbase's placement on the ground

- UA Target transmitting possibility!

- Multilangual console

All those functions are working yay.gif I just have to fix some bugs and to finish the cpp for standalone addon but it's working fine! If someone want to give me a hand for the standalone cpp, it would go faster for the release!

For further informations, don't hesitate to contact me!

Cheers,

Sirglider

My god, with a function list like that I would fly it into a block of flats! biggrin_o.gif

Sounds like great work.

Out of interest Click Me.

Hi all!

Well there's also the UAV from the OFrP Mod which is a helicopter, not simulated so, but nice to fly and to use. From this base I've worked for a very long time on a console to use multiple UAV's and also MP compatible. The model is from the FdF as we use the same in the swiss army, so in the SwissMod

I've almost made everything for it:

- Altitude control

- Waypoint control

- Nightvision

- Camera Zoom

- Camera Rotation

- Camera Up/Down control

- Launcher system included

- Status display in the list

- Usual informations as speed, position, altitude, etc.

- Full Screen view option

- Autodestruction

- Autolanding via a Laserbase's placement on the ground

- UA Target transmitting possibility!

- Multilangual console

All those functions are working yay.gif I just have to fix some bugs and to finish the cpp for standalone addon but it's working fine! If someone want to give me a hand for the standalone cpp, it would go faster for the release!

For further informations, don't hesitate to contact me!

Cheers,

Sirglider

well look at that!....about time :-P

Sounds really cool! Everything anyone wanted.

I wonder if there is anyway to autocenter on a postion? I guess just hovering will do that right?

Also is it destructable?

Quote[/b] ]I wonder if there is anyway to autocenter on a postion?
What do you mean by autocenter? The UAV flies to its waypoint and then circle above it. So?
Quote[/b] ]Also is it destructable?
Sure it is. It's a normal plane.

I assume we are talking about the RUAG Ranger?

RangerUAV.jpg

Does it fly like a plane even though its coded as a helo?

Quote[/b] ]I assume we are talking about the RUAG Ranger??
That's the one xmas_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Does it fly like a plane even though its coded as a helo
It flies exactly the same way as a plane as it's coded as a plane.. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Does it fly like a plane even though its coded as a helo
It flies exactly the same way as a plane as it's coded as a plane.. whistle.gif

Thats handy then... goodnight.gif

Can i ask if a plane how is it fired from the ground? is it via that cool truck? which shoots it into the sky? tounge2.gifthumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Can i ask if a plane how is it fired from the ground? is it via that cool truck? which shoots it into the sky?
There two types of launcher: the truck or the trailer.

In the Swissmod, we have actually only modeled the trailer launcher  wink_o.gif

More information and pictures about our specific UAV: Ruag Aerospace Ranger's webpage

Quote[/b] ]Can i ask if a plane how is it fired from the ground? is it via that cool truck? which shoots it into the sky?
There two types of launcher: the truck or the trailer.

In the Swissmod, we have actually only modeled the trailer launcher wink_o.gif

More information and pictures about our specific UAV: Ruag Aerospace Ranger's webpage

i remeber it was the trailer.. but it looked great anyways tounge2.gif

im looking forward to this new one.

I just tried this out, after searching for a one for a mission I discovered your beta. The practicality of this addon is very cool. I wasnt expecting the camera scripting, I just thought it would be a flying thing i could use as part of a cutscene for a recovery of equipment misssion. I was very impressed by the fun and playabilty aspect. found myself following a CIV car like a stalker. Great concept, keep at it.