Sign in to follow this  
Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

German Publisher

True enough Placebo.

If they have signed with a German distributor, great. Many examples of German companies distributing products in multiple languages throughout the world, e.g., Springer-Verlag publishers of academic texts.

If for some strange reason, they sell only a German version of the game, it still means they have to finalize their code/missions/etc., so it would only be a matter of time before other language versions get released.

Either way, it's progress. Looks to me like the most likely thing will be to release for the Xmas market (like most sensible publishers do). That means ArmA in Nov. or Dec. unless there is a killer bug(s).

That's fine by me as Flight Simulator 10 will keep me occupied in the interim (as will Battlefield 2142 if ArmA is delayed). All I have to do is get through what's left of Aug. and Sept. I suppose I should go do some work sad_o.gif

OK im a german an not too good with publishers. I never heard about morphicon or whats it called but i know e.g. Jowood

published many games (Spellforce...) that were essentially good but unplayable due to incredible bugs or very slow performance (on hi-end PCs)

Probably Morphicon is just the cheapest publisher with nothin to do, finally happy about having at least a shitty game to publish-Of course they know about the true worth of ArmA, hope it gets a super-boom somehow and morhpicon are boosted to the heavens because everyone loves n buys arma.

Actually I heard only about a german publisher.

So OF COURSE it will be delivered at least multilingual, if not english only, cuz BIS knows everyone from all over the world will buy...they just want the game to finally hit shelves.

If I remember the security that ofp had in terms of burning (i never did of course) starforce would be very inappropriate for the sequel.

I think morphicons too small....and i doubt it will be able to produce enough copies of arma officially for germany only, inofficially for the rest of the world. but yet i dont get the point of releasing arma only in germany and not at the same time everywhere....so maybe we have to wait until there is an international publisher or sth...

oLo

PS: Dont believe those guys. Germany is waiting for TOTAL WAR again quietly yeah takka-takka-takka yeeeeehaw!!!!!

Just kidding.

:P

Mainstream games are for gfx whores and teenagers. Those sell.

I love blind patriotic-esque comments about video games. rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]I was referring to the hard-core OFP gamer

I'd rather say that a person that would pay 150$ is more of a complete retard than a hard-core OFP fanboy.

If for some strange reason, they sell only a German version of the game, it still means they have to finalize their code/missions/etc., so it would only be a matter of time before other language versions get released.

Ehm sry, but for some strange reason i dont get the point you are trying to make. Maybe it's just the beer icon_rolleyes.gif

<ul>
Quote[/b] ]On a different note do you, guys think that the reason AA still isn't getting a North American distributor is because of the monopoly such monsters as EA put on the market? EA just wants no competition to their Battlefield series. Because face it graphically Battlefield will suck in comparison to the new AA/OFP graphics. AA has all that Battlefield does and more.

Erm, EA does not have a monopoly in North America and they are obviously not afraid of a game that will limit itself to a cult following community. In fact, most gamers and the press don't even care about the release of Armed Assault.

In fact Battlefield 2 has sold 2,250,000 copies worldwide, as of July 2006 so it's far from a failure. rofl.gif

I guess I should have said EA has monopoly in the 1st person military sim/FPS genre - you stated yourself, their sales are doing great, pushing Counterstrike or GRAW or any other title aside. The only reason press or gamers don't care about AA release is because BIS doesn't have PR budget to get into everyone's face. EA does. But u can't contest the fact that OFP has started the genre - BF series followed in its steps. OFP was the first game where u could hop into any kinda vehicle and roll across vast terrain freely - no endless maze crawl shit. The other reason BF2 is selling is because there is nothing else today on the market in its category. If a title of the same graphic quality and enticing atmosphere comes out ppl may be interested in playing something other than the "Karkand" map. And AA is an eye-candy topping BF2 in the grahics category for sure.

What's scary is the shift on the todays game market towards consoles. Developers very soon may realize it's not worth it to put effort into a PC game. Such jewels as OFP will be very hard to come by.

Yap.

Actually many really great games like GTA or Oblivion are progged for consoles which decreases their abilities by far, cuz of the limited input possibilities of a controller. That really sux and I cant understand why that trend is growing.

Consoles are great for BeatEmUps or maybe racing games, but most other games are really slowed down and would be much more fun if coded for the PC.

I am also scared since a few years, and it sets me up sometimes, seeing a great game messed up (or being not as great as it could be) just because its aimed on controlling comfort (10 buttons).

The power of mouse and keyboard is so much higher than analog stick and/or buttons.

Why are so many people buying consoles?

OK i see there are a lot of advantages, less bugs, no system that annoys you, no upgrading and such...

But the possibilities are extremely limited...

Also, you can always use a PC to occupy yourself otherwise than by gaming(winamp, Internet, messengers etc etc etc), which isnt the case with a console.

EDIT:

Oops, back to topic

Mainstream games are for gfx whores and teenagers. Those sell.

I love blind patriotic-esque comments about video games. :rofl:

Quote[/b] ]I was referring to the hard-core OFP gamer

I'd rather say that a person that would pay 150$ is more of a complete retard than a hard-core OFP fanboy.

Well, all VBS gamers will love you now, and all TrackIR ppl too. As goes for all hw talking/pc specs discussing ofp junkies.

I'd say that a so-called ofp hard-core fanboy who isn't prepared to shell out a substantial amount of money for ArmA can't be considered a true die-hard. Not in my book. I'd use the word 'spoiled kids' for this.

I mean, some guys are on the forum for more than 4 years and they are prepared to spend as much as 40$ on a new version. Wowwww, what commitment.

Call me a retard anytime but at least i bought 2 copies of OFP:E in the last year. BIS made some money on me. So, how much did you 'donate' financially, say the last 2 years?

10 Euros (as much as 10 dollars) cuz the GotY Edition was so cheap.

Oh no i bought it per ebay, where it finally cost me bout 20 i think....and i really love that game biggrin_o.gif

I played the game for years already at that point. I somehow got i elsewhere before.

OlO i think the point with the "complete retard" is funny, but in terms not so wrong.

There is always other things to spend money on.

GET A LIFE

Though....i should tell that myself sometimes...

Also remember that some ppl's income is not the best.

I for example like to spend my money on medieval armor for my hobby.

Now you can call ME a complete retard biggrin_o.gif

Greetz

Strumwolf.

The point was NOT the money/price per se, but the fact that all ppl on this board are supposed to be ofp fans (why else would they be here) and thus regonise the certain qualities the game (and ArmA) has YET when it comes to paying for this stuff some want it cheap.

I think it must be clear that BIS doesn't program this stuff for charity. So to be 'proud' of getting OFP, or ArmA, for cheap is perhaps not the right 'attitude' in the long run.

E.g. that 'character switching' thread caused a lot of noise. 'No we don't want our ArmA to become mainstream junk' ... well, than you have to take the next step and be prepared to pay extra for an elitist non-mainstream (and thus less selling) game.

It's good to see they have found a publisher that obviously has the desired profile for BIS. I think that because the big publishers don't allow much, BIS is just not interest in them, as they probably want some kind of freedom, which would be nice for Arma.

About the pricetag, It has been said quite often in the past that the game would sell for +-30 euros. Which I think is a very good move, as it's more reachable for more people(These days they even start asking 69,99 euros for a game, completely crazy, as games have been sold for 25-40 euros at the beginning)

The pricetag is perhaps again a requirement to find a publisher for ArMa. I think BIS is trying to find publishers that actually do everything they want.

Also, BIS is doing a great job having Armed assault in magazines, interviews ,etc.... in media in general. (ok, not tv, but I really didn't see any game-commercial for PC games,except for call of duty 2 which was for xbox and PC.)

About the pricetag, It has been said quite often in the past that the game would sell for +-30 euros. Which I think is a very good move, as it's more reachable for more people

C'mon, 'more reachable'? It is the gameplay that's not reachable for most gamers, the pricetag is really not the issue.

But 30E is fine for me. If BIS can make a living out of this, well i won't complain (as i won't complain if BIS chooses to make it a bit more 'mainstream' to earn their living;)

(as i won't complain if BIS chooses to make it a bit more 'mainstream' to earn their living;)

I would be disappointed at least to say.

For the mainstream gamers there is Battlefield and other more action oriented games.

Why take away from us the most realistic warfare game ever ?

But 30E is fine for me. If BIS can make a living out of this, well i won't complain (as i won't complain if BIS chooses to make it a bit more 'mainstream' to earn their living;)

Indeed, some companies dare to ask €55 for an annual releases like ea sports games... So €30 is very cheap. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why take away from us the most realistic warfare game ever ?

As already in most interview said the old gameplay is still there with many improvements. I think the mainstream attraction is the graphics itself wink_o.gif.

Indeed, some companies dare to ask €55 for an annual releases like ea sports games... So €30 is very cheap. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why take away from us the most realistic warfare game ever ?

As already in most interview said the old gameplay is still there with many improvements. I think the mainstream attraction is the graphics itself wink_o.gif.

Yeah, hope they will keep it that way. smile_o.gif

I would give much more than 30E for ArmA. Just think about all the stuff you get with the game: editor, community made campaings, addons, missions, islands....you name it. We all know we will play this game for years, tell me one game that you can play that long. Far cry? Yeah right!

maxqubit, of course you are right. I was just trying to get some fun into this topic being discussed so serious wink_o.gif

I had my serious statement earlier wink_o.gif

Like you I playedd ofp for years, created missions etc etc

So im going very fine with 30 Euros.

Greetz

I think the mainstream attraction is the graphics itself ;).

Yeah, you are right i guess. From personal experience with 'my' clan i know that indeed most gamers were put off by the gfx of OFP:E, no matter how good the gameplay was/is.

So yes, a maximum possible graphical boost is certainly a way to go for BIS.

will the german version be multi-lingual?

are there any differences to the US/UK version?

If I remeber it right, OFP cost 70 DM in Germany (~35 Euros), which was really cheap for such a great game. But since the development phase of ArmA was quiet long (ok, that one of OFP, too), I would expect a price between 40 und 45 Euros, which would be fair in my opinion.

You can order Armed Assault on amazon.de. for 44,99 €. I want to know if the special version is aviable over amazon and its price wink_o.gif So may i wait until the specialversion is out...

telejunky

will the german version be multi-lingual?

are there any differences to the US/UK version?

I contacted Morphicon tonight, I post the results ASAP wink_o.gif

You can order Armed Assault on amazon.de. for 44,99 €. I want to know if the special version is aviable over amazon and its price wink_o.gif So may i wait until the specialversion is out...

telejunky

at okaysoft it is also available

Here the debriefing of my mails to Morphicon :

Hello, I am an Operation Flashpoint player and I heard you had Armed Assault in sight.

I want to know some things :

will this version of Armed Assault be in french subtitles too ?

will you release it on internet (eg. Steam system) ?

can you sell it via internet shipping ?

Thanks alot and congratulations about ArmA.

Hello Lou,

we are only the german Publisher, so i think its better to contact the french one. Please take a look at http://www.armedassault.fr for more informations.

Best regards,

Morphicon Limited

I am not okay with the answer, so I go on mad_o.gif  tounge2.gif

Hello,

I am sorry about this but Armed Assault doesn't have yet a french publisher, so it is why I asked you (you are actually the nearest publisher)

That's why I asked you if you planned to release via internet or mail.

Are you actually able to tell me ?

Best regards

PS: www.armedassault.fr is a fansite I actually help ;-)

Hi,

we release the game as a normal Software. No Steam or something like this. We also translate it only to german - sorry.

Hope this help. Maybe you can ask Bohemia for the french publisher.

Best regards,

Morphicon Limited

Not what I expected... sad_o.gif

Anyway, according to Morphicon, Placebo you HAVE to answer me, NOW biggrin_o.gif

(Or give me a demo wink_o.gif )

You confused him with talk about France. Of course a publisher for Germany isn`t going to do any translation into French.

And a release through the internet can and probably will be done by BIS\IDEA on its own without any CD publishers.

All that you should have asked him was if the German version will besides the translated German files include also the original English files somewhere (meaning no extra work for them).

If so then if release dates in our countries will be further away we can order ArmA on Amazon.de pay some extra for shipping and then revert the game into English by applying english string files manualy (or by option maybe if it is included but I would doubt it).