Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

OFP Navy - Frigates

Could you prefix all your classes with GNT (respective GNT_) for OFPEC-Tag compliance? (this includes vehicle-, weapon- and ammo-classes, well it even extends to the model filenames, as they normally need a CfgModels-entry...)

lol ... fair point vektorboson, but I guess I feel honored to be asked to do this .... like the addons belong in the community whistle.gif sorry, silly comment.

I'll see what I can do, I guess it won't be backwards compatible in some cases, but I guess the earlier the better for such a change.

Reminds me of the bug (config stuffup) that no ones reported yet, a "gntfrig missing..." error if you use the modern BIS choppers in ANY mission ..... fixed shortly.

Quote[/b] ]Could you prefix all your classes with GNT (respective GNT_) for OFPEC-Tag compliance?

It's worth doing for any functions and global variables to, if you have'nt already.

I'm thinking of one case inparticular. Where someone create a glocal variable call Direction, which was fine for thier scripts. But screwed up all the others that used the Direction comand sad_o.gif

for config class its easy to maintain backwards compatibility.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class GNT_Navy: Boat {...};

class Navy: GNT_Navy {};

yet maybe you better forget about the old classes...

I'm thinking of one case inparticular. Where someone create a glocal variable call Direction, which was fine for thier scripts.

I never use globals variables .... always look for alternatives. smile_o.gif

Although I hadn't thought through till now that function definitions are actually global tounge2.gif

make a "MP" version of the ship and add this to all the scripts

for all the actionstations.sqs (if your using this script).

?side player==east && local player:goto "addgun"

exit

#addgun

"the actionstation script"

exit

you might eliminate the double gun etc..........

I also changed the "ACARGO" variable etc.....

to a local variable (so ....... _acargo)  in both the config and the actionstation scripts.

It's worked on ip-ip not sure bout dedicated though.

also try "autocentre=0 or (1);" on the config of the "WEAPON".

for other possible conflicts.

Pics are from my boats for the "CIVIL WAR MOD".

virg6.jpg

virg9.jpg

stonewall

make a "MP" version of the ship and add this to all the scripts

for all the actionstations.sqs (if your using this script).

sorry Stonewall, don't have a clue what your talking about ..... who or what has an "actionstations" script and ACARGO variables, none of scripts are called this.

Just to clear up my research for a few .....

Double (or more) Turrets happens if you try to get the CLIENTS to manage the extra guns (and heli deck) .... because of course the server see X number (being the # of players) of the extra turrets in the SAME location ..... and guess what ... all hell breaks loose funny enough.

Addon Breakage happens if you try to get the SERVER to manage the extra turrets (and heli deck) .... because of lag between the servers calulated possition for the addon and the time taken to send the info to the clients. On something that moves as fast as this frigate that can mean the turret addon is 20 meters behind the ship !

Stonewall, I suspect with ip-ip and the speed of your ships you would never see this.

I'm looking at another more lowtech method of producing an MP version. Invisible actual guns doing the firing but represented visually by non-moving/rotation turret/launcher being part of the main ship. This way the turrets can be allowed to lag because 1) you can't see it and 2) you are only worried about it launching a missle or shot from the general area of the ship.

This may still have a serious problem ..... for example if the front missile launcher lags enough that its invisible self is now under the ships Bridge then you'll have an internal explosion when it launches a missile.

Sorry .... I assumed you were using the "Cargo -Carrier" script from Smokedrib and Philcommando.

I use these scripts for the guns on the "Virginia".

I also had problems with Multiplayer and ended up

making a seperate MP version of the boat.

I have 10 guns attached to the ship.

It works very well and so far no problems.

I made all attached guns local to one machine in MP.

so if the player was say east... only that computer

would call the script (in my case the actionstation script).

If I did'nt make it local I was seeing guns lagging behind

the ship and double guns etc.....

I've not seen guns lagging yet from the speed of the boat.

Although my ships are only configed for a speed of 15 kph

I've had them up to 30+ kph and still no problems.

stonewall

Any chance at seeing the Mk.46/Mk.50 torpedo launcher we have on the FFG-7 in a future release ?

Brilliant addon regardless. I love it!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Beta 2</span> is near release.

Improvements include;

- Increased the Armour of the ships

- Improved missile targeting

- Improved CIWS targeting

- Allowed Chopper "Landings" on the heli decks

- Changed the class names etc to OFPEC compliant

- Scaled Map icons for both ships

- Group boarding from deck to choppers

- Stop ships with no driver running off

- Self Repairing option available

- Improved Anti-Slam

> Chopper "Landing" <

---------------------

The heli decks can be used to secure choppers to while

the ship moves around. Because every chopper has a different

size problems can arrise attaching these choppers.

By default most chopper are attached the the MIDDLE height location.

Exception to this are BIS choppers, they are automaticily

identified and place in the correct position.

There are only 4 height positions to choose from, HIGH2, HIGH1, default middle and LOW.

Frigate_Y.jpg

@rschaufus

Yep, as soon as my Subs are finished with custom Torpedos (CoC ones can't be used on large vessels, they explode under the bow) I'll then uses these for the Frigates.

Nice Gnat smile_o.gif

Navy didnt interest me that much, but i guess with beta2, my paradise is coming. I smell chopper missions with that frigate  wink_o.gif

Btw : could you explain your Anti Slam system in the Biki? And maybe make it open source(if it isnt already?) so others can profit from your work and let the navy grow? smile_o.gif

However, this is just a suggestion.  wink_o.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Beta2 Release - 2nd October 2006</span>

See first post

@Serclaes

eeeekkk ... the Biki scares me .... hard to navigate that *stuff* sad_o.gif

Write the description and i'll put it in Biki form  smile_o.gif

Mirror @ ofpc.de (wait a few seconds and the download will start)

I'm off playing around with the frigates  biggrin_o.gif

Nice site M@ster

Thanks Imutep and Serclaes

@tankieboy

No, I tried to get the deck to be an "Invisible H" also but it didn't work.

If you want to try something similar for AI, I think I saw some useful scripting in ExtracTioN's Seahawks.

ummmm .... what are u asking? crazy_o.gif

How do I link the heli deck and helicopter together?

A: Complicated scripting tounge2.gif where several specially located CARGO proxies at the rear of the ship is each loaded with a Game Logic that you then detect the position of and SETPOS the the object (helicopter) to the same position, looping the script to hold it there. As it is a Cargo location of the ship it always stays in the same position as the ship moves.

Because some helicopters are a different shape and size, you have to have several different locations available so that you get the right one where it *looks* like its sitting ON the deck and in the middle.

Special trickery ..... and thats why it doesnt work very well (or not at all) in MP sad_o.gif

SP only

Gnat,

Seems your work kind of stoped sad_o.gif . Can we hope to see the submarines soon? What about Bizon plane? Whatever happened to it?

Seems your work kind of stoped sad_o.gif . Can we hope to see the submarines soon? What about Bizon plane? Whatever happened to it?

No stopped, just transfered to ArmA. If I start now maybe I'll finish before OFP2 is released tounge2.gif

Sorry about that but ArmA has a MUCH better water enviroment and some of the OFP limitations were getting a little annoying.

The good new is that 80% of the work already done should translate into ArmA very easy.

Bad news is my texture look worse in ArmA tounge2.gif

Gnat in arma could they paradrop tanks and such now and what kind of limitations are there still in arma and ofp ?