Sign in to follow this  
Bouben

US UNIFORMS IN ARMA

Frederf please don't hotlink images greater than 100kb, it's a forum rule.

Frederf please don't hotlink images greater than 100kb, it's a forum rule.

hello Placebo, please, tell us something what help solve our problem smile_o.gif (my problem)

about multiplayer impact

I think ArmA's multiplayer will have a great impact on gamers smile_o.gif

thx, i am cool now rofl.gif

I guess the second picture is the post processed one...and honestly, as dmakatra said, it looks shite... whistle.gif

Yeah, GRAW way overdid it in the post process arena. ArmA seems to have gone for a far more real/subtle effect. Overall the ACU in game looks very "warm" and not quite so "grey/blue-green" like in other pictures.

If it's any consolation it seems to fit in really well in the desert-y tan dirt ^^

Although i agree with you, it didnt really answer the question tounge2.gif

(I know that there is no real answer, and im fine with how it is now, but it made me think of him for some reason (you know, more like propaganda then information) wink_o.gif

Nooo, just kidding, dont hit me tounge2.gif

)

Although i agree with you, it didnt really answer the question tounge2.gif

(I know that there is no real answer, and im fine with how it is now, but it made me think of him for some reason (you know, more like propaganda then information) wink_o.gif

Nooo, just kidding, dont hit me tounge2.gif

)

biggrin_o.gif

I can remember a BIS screenshot of a modern USMC rifleman in woodland MARPAT. I wonder if that's an AA screenshot and no VBS screenshot.

GRAW's colours don't really have much to do with any postprocessing. The developers for GRAW purposefully chose a very brown colour palette. The yellowness of the game world depends on the time of day, as the colour of the light varies from mission to mission.

Not all of the island will be wooded, there's a large desert portion as well, in which case it kind of balances things out, since the North's woodland would stand out in the desert.

GRAW's colours don't really have much to do with any postprocessing.  The developers for GRAW purposefully chose a very brown colour palette.  The yellowness of the game world depends on the time of day, as the colour of the light varies from mission to mission.

Its still overdone IMO, it hurt my eyes when i played it tounge2.gif

Not all of the island will be wooded, there's a large desert portion as well, in which case it kind of balances things out, since the North's woodland would stand out in the desert.

ok but you cant stay on desert all of the game:)

Well there is no normal way to make the uniform adapt its colors to the surrounding area in a game(which is what ACU does IIRC). They had to choose a color for the texture and they took a desertlike color. Which is fine, after all, the US soldiers were sent to the southern part of sara which has deserts. smile_o.gif

and you can't stay in the woodland areas the whole time either wink_o.gif

it'll balance itself out in my opinion.

the game balances, ok , so US infantry might be easier to spot.  so there infantry find you, in responce you call in tanks.  Abram Vs. T72, i wonder who will win that one  wink_o.gif . its a complex mesh of unbalances and counter balances.

I don't know if this has been said before but a friend (GI) told me that ACU should not let you "melt together" with the environment. The actual effect is that it blurres the shape of a soldier so that its more difficult to hit a ACU wearing guy in CQB.

The purpose of any camoflage is to break up your silouette. He was just feeding you what the army told him... and the 'telling' went all the way up and over back to the marketting dept. of the company that developed ACU. ACU is terrible camo.

since we are on the uniform subject id like to change it a little bit somthing conserned me with the tank crew THEY are normal soldiers!!! are there not tank crewman??? ive seen a pilot in 1 picture but every pic of ppl turned outta tanks are reg infantry i need answers damn it !! lol

it doesnt really matter if the ACU stands out, do you honestly think some podunk sahari army would stand a chance against us army light infantry? ie, once you see the flash, or, in this case, ACU, you're pretty much dead anyways!

I have a counter argument but I will not post it. Let us not digress into a political discussion on world events, shall we? The effective might, or lack there of, of any nation is not fair game on this forum.

Well, that pic is a close up and i think we could spot the NS soldiers lying in the grass with the same ease, from the distance it might work out diferently wink_o.gif .

In OPFR the west soldiers are easier to spot than the russians because their cammo is darker (more brownish) and makes them stand out more against the background.

For everything else i think the game will be balanced and i look forward to play it in both sides, problably more with the NS/Russian gear smile_o.gif .

since we are on the uniform subject id like to change it a little bit somthing conserned me with the tank crew THEY are normal soldiers!!! are there not tank crewman???

Regular infantry are used as placeholders until correct crew are ready smile_o.gif

I am thinking of starting my own thread as I have noticed that the US army boot are laced the wrong way. This is totally unacceptabe as this forms a core part of the gameplay and must be rectified.

How are we supposed to effectively fight a war with defective boot laces.

I have also noticed that one of the rivets may be 2mm out of allignment on the BTR. What slipshod work is this? I refuse to buy this game until that Rivet is moved back to its intended place and my soldiers are taught to tie their shoelaces properly.

If you too have spotted anything else that is of little consequence until the game is released but requires the posting of a pointless thread then please carry on.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif