Sign in to follow this  
DB-ERAUPilot

Tonal update?

notworthy.gif

Immaculate! Outstanding!

Tonal sure as hell deserved a make-over after all those years.

I'm totally for Pimp my Tonal!

This is still the state of the art Mod/Island ever!

Spent os many time there! God!

Simply Kudos for your hard work man!

And Thanx!

notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm totally for Pimp my Tonal!

That'd be like putting spinning hubcaps on Urals and making them all white.

Now THATS pimp.

i remeber those grass pics from way back in the photoograthy thred.. i was in love then, still am now hehe..

Hes already said it will be released this year, whether arma is out or not smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Ahhhhh inlove.gif

(I couldn't come up with antyhing better to say)

well I squished all the heads 90% vertical and widened the faces about 115 %. Shortened the foreheads, widened the spacing between the eyes, etc.

That troubled African island republic is never going to have a days worth of peace is it? sad_o.gif

Well, when I get a hold of this update it won't! yay.gif

I've always been a Tonal freak. As far as I'm concerned, this update is the most welcome change in a very, very long time. You've really captured that relaxed and informal dress code of the insurgents (and it's not because of the anims in the picture). I cannot wait to get my hands on this. The bush landscape replacing the jungle, the dry grass, the civies, how sweet...

Dude, that looks awesome!!  notworthy.gif

An old BAS member at work is always interesting, but this in particular is REALLY interesting.  notworthy.gif

An african bush is also much better than a jungle setting, since there is not really a good way of doing a jungle in OFP anyway (at least not without completely smashing the FPS). And an african bush is in IMO a much better setting for some nice field battles. I'm really looking forward to this.

Keep up the good work ebud!

All I have to say is notworthy.gif

I am kinda bummed it will overwrite the old one though. I thought Tonal Jungles were and still are some of the best in ofp.

All I have to say is  notworthy.gif

I am kinda bummed it will overwrite the old one though. I thought Tonal Jungles were and still are some of the best in ofp.

use a modfolder; one for tonal original and one for tonal upgrade. Than just create two shortcut's on your desktop for both versions of tonal. You're not going to use both islands at the same time so it's a good solution.

this COULD work for Congo or Sudan type of missions right? smile_o.gif

could be cool...

More like Angola, Namibia, Mozambique, etc. Congo for me means miles and miles of jungle. Sudan? Sure. Run Tonal with the Toyota wars addons and you have a winner, thats what I do. They mesh really well together.

I'll mention it again as maybe I wasn't clear enough in previous posts.

There are 2 versions. The main version that is getting the most attention and facelift is the "Bush" version that you can see in the environment pics. This is the version I will play with and use all the time.

The updated "Jungle" version, which is already done, has all of the foliage updated but will still be a "jungle" theme. I kept it and will release it as well for those who still want a tropical style. I personally am sick of it, but compared to the old foliage, this one is nicer.

One thing I should mention.

The buildings are NOT being updated other than the african huts being redone. Once it's all done and ready if there is time, then maybe those will be touched on. I'm not going to edit everything on Tonal, just the Opfor and foliage and maybe a couple of huts. Basically I'm editing for my personal enjoyment but will release the updates.

For me it Rocks!

I loved tonal in the mornings with lots of mist and swamp. It screams Jungle! It's probably the closest we will get to a Jungle with his engine!

The "Jungle OP" Mission is a extreme cool example! pistols.gifnener.gif

But the Bush theme will also be welcomed with open ..er...loaded "Arms"! whistle.gif

OK, this is more or less related to Tonal. I wanted the "BAS All in One" pack, but I can't find any working downloadlink.

The new Civ militia look outmost sweet, excellent job on those. thumbs-up.gif

And converting the tonal theme to bushland is also an excellent move, as Cpt. FrostBite said, its hard to make a believeable jungle in OFP. Bushland should be much lighter on resourcess and also very interesting for infantry engagements.

And such a map wasnt made for OFP yet, reflecting that part of Africa, looking forward to recreate the conflicts that where fought there (Angola, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique). First thing that comes in mind then are south-african mercinaries regarding conflicts in those nations, as well as endless civil war struggles with warlord clans ruling the nation. Overall very interesting backround for mission making, so I am looking forward to the Tonal update alot. smile_o.gif

And please dont forget to include a prison camp somewhere in the bushland, to be able to recreate "The Wild Geese". Maybe a good idea to get that oldie in the local video store for some inspiration on terrain and vegetation, as far as I remember it plays in Botswana and Zimbabwe (lots of bushes and trees there like in your new tonal previews). wink_o.gif

Looking really nice Ebud

Look forward to further developments

saf.jpg

ahahaha... excellent mate - best version of our land rovers to date biggrin_o.gif - any chance of a sneaky peak, lol

I may be able to help you out with an improved model than the one you've probably used... fixed a few lighting errors and model errors here and there... unless you've already fixed it yourself.

haha, yeah, that was a fun one to retexture smile_o.gif The original model and textures are excellant to begin with, I can't imagine how they could be improved smile_o.gif A safari version would be excellant. I didn't redo the model at all, just did the textures quickly for a pic.