Sign in to follow this  
BlackScorpion

FS X

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>OK, didn't find any suitable topic to dumb this in, so I'll just start a new one...</span>

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/

Quote[/b] ] Microsoft® Flight Simulator X is the culmination of nearly 25 years of the landmark Flight Simulator franchise—the most significant addition to date.

Flight Simulator X immerses you in a beautifully rich and realistic world with dozens of aircraft and interactive Missions for a completely new and innovative gaming experience. Free Flight lets you fly anywhere in the world, from your hometown airport to the most exotic places you’ve ever dreamed of.

Gamers and simmers of all ages and skill levels feel firsthand what it’s like to be an aviator traveling the globe solo or online with others.

The sim, MS FS X, follower of the FS2004 ain't out yet, but so far, demo has been released. It's 636 MB's, and still going to take me about an hour to load. And according to sys requirements of the full version, I need a new HD... crazy_o.gif

Download links:

3D gamers

Microsoft

I tried the demo, the flightmodel seems to be in a simplified mode for the demo. Sounds are great, looks are fantastic. It ran at an average of 17 FPS on my PC with all settings maxed and full AF and AA.

Downloading now. I will have to test it with my Vista Beta2 installation, my main OS is Win2k Professional SP3.

It ran at an average of 17 FPS on my PC with all settings maxed and full AF and AA.

Exactly what settings did you use?

I have a hard time believing you're getting as much as 17 fps at the highest settings.

I just set all the sliders under graphics as high as they would go smile_o.gif

I just set all the sliders under graphics as high as  they would go smile_o.gif

What about object density and terrain mesh?  huh.gif

Setting the five sliders under display settings to ultra high is far from "maxed out settings".

You need to click "customize" and set all the individual sliders to ultra high" in order to max out the settings. I doubt your computer runs that with 17fps. If it does I'm interested to know what you're running it on.

Yeah, this time they got it. I`ve "played" the MS Flightsimulators 98, 2002 and 2004. Now we have real traffic everywhere, Air, Land and Sea with graphic`s that will look nearly photorealistic on high end systems. I´ll build an new PC ones Vista is out. The hardware will be much cheaper than today. Or to say, i`ll get much more for my money. wink_o.gif

For the next month my rig will do the job.

not bad at all,i have been using fs2004 for a few months and decided to try this demo.its v nice that take off is nice in carribean with glider.almost looks like far cry ,lol.

@shadow i have maxed all mesh graphics full aa etc and getting 22 fps/

nvidia 7300gs /amd 3700+/ xphome.

Flown for about 2-5 mins now (wouldn't know...), lovin' it... got a nice 15 fps with in-game AA and AF on, gotta try to push up the mesh size soon... more torture for my endured machine. confused_o.gif

inlove.gif

Oh, and first screen! tounge2.gif

fsx1sj4.th.jpg

Holla die Waldfee wow_o.gif

Have to try this, haven´t flown a FS since i always crashed the darn planes on my dad´s 386´

Thanks for sharing.

LOL! Seems that the demo has a time limit... took a morning flight with the Beechcraft, at 5:30 am... just when I was starting to have fun, getting to around 7000-8000 ft, the demo shut itself down. crazy_o.gif

Atleast menu works after starting it again. biggrin_o.gif

My computer must have had fever or something. 1 out of 5 times the demo wouldnt load and froze and 82% when I maxed out the settings yeasterday. When it did load I got 2 fps, thinking something in the demo required lots of resources I didnt think it was flyable at those settings.

I'm getting mostly 15 fps and dipping into 10 when I look at the thickest forests when I fly around the first island when everything is maxed to the limit at 1280x1024(except cars, they look like crap anyway and serve no purpose).

P-IV 3GHz, 2GB RAM, GF6800GT.

I'm getting around 20 and 27fps in 1024x768 with the same settings.

hmm i noticed something at installation and forgot to mention in previous posts.

upon installing i was notified of windows startup parameter changes ,hmm i thought i will delete them after with crapcleaner.

just now i remembered and try to del them. low and behold they are not registered ? anybody know what fsx has installed is some ms spyware or am i being paranoid ?

That demo have some time limit, but after starting the demo again it works again.

It ran at an average of 17 FPS on my PC with all settings maxed and full AF and AA.

Exactly what settings did you use?

I have a hard time believing you're getting as much as 17 fps at the highest settings.

Im getting around 15-30 fps at all maxed out.

This includes everything also the stuff in customize. My system:

AMD64 x2 3800+

2gigabyte dual-ram

2 * nvidia 7600GT SLI

It looks beautifull.. I love the water effect!

My pc:

P4D 3.1 GHZ, 2GB(4x512) of DDR-II RAM, nvidia 7800GTX, 4 x 300GB SATA II HDD's. I am getting some very good framrates BUT this isnt the finished products so it might be different in the final game smile_o.gif

Played it already, probably going to buy it. There is no time limit. Choose free flight instead of missions-the missions have time limits because they are that, missions.

On the flight model-you can adjust it in your settings. I have the settings maxed out, and having taken flight lessons on small aircraft, I can say it feels pretty damn accurate to what it is in RL...as long as you don't try any crazy aerobatic stunts...

Also, the game will lag on highest settings. This game is much higher detailed than previous flightsims. It is supposed to run on DX10 actually.

Here on some screens I took from the thread of another forum:

Give some a few seconds to load.

870_1155573611_2006-8-10_12-9-19-703.jpg

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4432/ptoondq4.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8467/ptoon2ym0.jpg

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5159/junglevv4.jpg

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/6402/oceanef6.jpg

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3533/ocean2ou0.jpg

I must say, I am quite disappointed with the weather and clouds in this game. It seems like they took the "OMG THAT THOSE CLOUDS LOOK REALLL1!!!!" over the practically/realism route. For example, here is a "major thunderstorm" on maximum cloud settings:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7894/tstorm1xy2.jpg

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/1186/tstorm2br6.jpg

last I checked a thunderstorm looked much worse IRL.

I've been a fan of FS for a while but I never can really get too far into it with the crap joystick + thottle quadrant I have been using for years. It's the kind that runs off the serial port - it's that old. Does anyone have any reccomendations for a realistic joystick & throttle quadrant for usage in both OFP-ArmA and FS series?

By the way, check out this site, they do some amazing stuff with FS:

http://www.captainsim.com

Something with USB and Force Feedback should be OK. Logitechs aren't regarded as the... *ahem* very best joysticks in the world, if you get my point. On a sidenote, I haven't ever even used one I think, so...

Saitek makes very nice sticks, based on many people's opinions. And many models, too. Personally I could recommend MS Sidewinder FF 2, but I think they haven't made them for few years. Mine is about 2.5 years old or so (I think), starting to show some "slubbiness" but still working fine. biggrin_o.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

Take an Saitek X52 if you don`t need Force Feedback.

What stick you need is pbb defined by what you want to fly, for general aviation and airliners a yoke by CH products and the rudder pedals from the same are pbb best.

I think I'll stick with my Coug. Somehow I doubt a yoke would feel natural when I exit FS9/X and launch LB2 rofl.gif

Hmm the game won't even start here, missing some MS dll file ._o

Haven't downloaded the demo, yet.  I used to use Microsoft's product until a few years ago, then switched to X-Plane, the primary reason being the flight model (I really don't care about graphics, as long as the planes fly realistically in all flight regimes).  Are there any pilots who can comment on the flight model, its strengths and weaknesses?

Also, is it possible to spin the aircraft?  I have not yet found a commercial simulator that can simulate spins.

-Pilot