Sign in to follow this  
Blackbuck

UCS_Mercenaries 0.9 Release

I imagine (this is just supposition here so may be incorrect), that HelpingHand simply removed the OSOBNOST selection from the models, which simply makes it so the faces don't randomly change. The downside of this is of course the faces are stuck to being one face texture, however with the units trying to be "unique" (in the sense you're only likely to use one of each in a mission anyway) its less of a problem.

np, tomi has informed me that he has fixed some LOD issues we had and deleted up 500 faces of useless stuff on the models wink_o.gif

regards H_H

Well I think that we are overdue for a status report not just little bits of what we're working on... weapons_tank.gif

The following collage of images shows some of the custom content to be added to UCS Module 1, there will be grenades + explosives, customised weapons for several of the "misc" catergory mercenaries, ammunition / weapon crates for the custom content we make too.

*note that the pic is a 453kb image and is quite big in pixels too*

UCS Report Pic

The following text is from a action plan me an SRK came up with, showing what we are and have made / are making, dont expect to see all of this for relase 1.0  whistle.gif  

Quote[/b] ]UCS Module 1

Soldiers / Mercenaries

Should be in; UBCS, Woodland, Desert, Artic and Misc schemes

Classes

Rifleman

Rifleman (SMG)

Machine Gunner both light and heavy

Grenadier

AT Rifleman

Marksman

Designated marksman styke A.K.A Assault rifle + low zoom scope

Vehicles (LAND)

All Terrain Vehicle(ATV / Buggy)

Hummer H1 (Armed / Unarmed)

BMP1 (maybe)

Vehicles (AIR)

UH-1 / Mi17 / Mi24 / Allouette II or III

Misc Content

Weapon Pack (to include small arms, grenades AT weapons / AA weapon, Explosives etc...)

Static Object Pack (sandbags, bunkers, money, equipment tables / ammo crates and any other objects me or you want to make...)

A couple of missions (VSS Can help maybe)??

"nifty" tricks such as; "put helmet on / take helmet off", "equip NVG / take off NVG" etc...

Custom Logo for various items

Feedback welcomed discuss_gathering.gif

Regards H_H

I like your Mercs, but would like to have the option to choose to use or not use your weapons. Will the weapon pack be seperate? It kind of looks that way, but it's hard to tell.

Good news everyone we have a new member to the team, Myst9999 is helping us with some textures for some stuff, we still ne a weapon texturer if anyone can help us...

news wise, we now have the gear tables pretty much sorted model wise, myst has made some textures for the ammo cans etc, table textures should be a 10 min job, the tables will use some scripts hopefully if we can make them nice and we easy runners that is.

Reagards H_H

*edit*

UCS's new sidearm smile_o.gif

untitlediw1.png

I like you work guys. I might be running ahead too much here, but when you get done with this, any other plans? I ask because soon we are in the dire need of good navy personel. Gnat has been working on OFP Navy like a japanese beaver, but there are no decent navy crew out there. Perhaps you could help out the community?

crazy_o.gif Navy personell... i could see what me and SRK have to do in the way of school and college etc once we do module one, no promises though

regards H_H

New Stuff For September :w00t:

Well, seing as myst is doing some knock up work for us i've decided to do a few more things for the object pack, they are in general the; gear tables (ammo crate function), Sandbag revetments, things such as weapon cases, weapon targets etc.

Here are some piccies of what me and myst have dones so far this week...

Small Arms Table

Click Me

Heavy Weapons Table

Click Me

Ammo Table

Click Me

Enjoy The Tables People, I'll post up pics of the other objects when i make em later today :blush:

Quote[/b] ]<span style='color:blue'>*UPDATE 19/09/2006*</span>

*I can do the tents if I get time wink_o.gif, the mercenaries for 1.0 are nearly done we just need to do a few tweaks here and there and add one or two other things but apart from that we are nearly done expect the file size to be around 20MB including UCS_Mercs.pbo and UCS_Weapons.pbo plus a couple of backgrounds for you PC at 1280x1024 resolution.

*There will be some other content as well hopefully, such as the gear tables and other things like tents, revetments etc.

*Regarding credits I’d like to ask mapfact for permission of the use of their sandbags and a few little boxes etc to put in tents etc. so there may be some nice looking stuff in the pack compared to ours biggrin_o.gif

*Vehicle wise I think that there will be a reskinned sigma pickup pending credits and some sort of helicopter, the ones for this release will only be reskinned existing models whereas for version 2.0 there should be some home grown models like some jeeps and buggies etc.

*note*

Being at college ATM I can’t upload any pics of the updated guys but I will get some once I get home around 5:10PM (Local UK time)

quoted from ofp.info's update wink_o.gif

So how do this addons contribute to Resident evil ?? theyre nice by the way , you should texture them with the actual uniforn in the game , good conbination for HP3....anyways great job guys yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

thanks for the feedback

their not based on the game guys  huh.gif they are loosly based from the film, and only the ones with a "U" prefix, the rest are just mercenaries to play with wink_o.gif

Isn't the "Minimi" supposed to have a tube stock (not the collapsable stock, but a tubular stock)? I may be wrong, it has been known on rare occasions biggrin_o.gif

scroll down from the top  smile_o.gif

Click Me

Quote[/b] ]The new MINIMI has been specifically designed to fit the market requirements

for a 7.62mm light machine gun which are to give the soldier "the power of 7.62 ammunition in the weight of a 5.56 machine gun" whilst offering similar ergonomics and having many parts in common with the internationally known 5.56 MINIMI. Whoever is familiar with the 5.56 MINIMI will be able to use the 7.62 MINIMI with no extra training.

<span style='color:blue'>\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/</span>

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>UCS Studios</span>

<span style='color:blue'>\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/</span>

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>It's Here, UCS_Mercenaries 1.0 and HH_Weapons 0.9</span>

Rapidshare Link ->

Linky

OFP $player Linky

Quote[/b] ]CONTENTS

* Carlos Olivera

* Yuri Loginova

* Nicholai Ginovaef

* Chris Redfield

* Mark Yates

* Tomi Koivula

* Matt Addison

* Jim Chapman

*Woodland Mercenaries

*Winter Mercenaries

*A  few of my smallarms made from SJB_TOS & LSR_USWP

they all use jam to the furthest extent possible with SJB_TOS A.K.A the sidearms arent JAM

the units can be found under west > UCS Mercs, and under GROUPS (F2) and UCS Mercs

----------------------------------------

UNIT NAMES

UCS_Carlos

UCS_Chris

UCS_Jim

UCS_Mark

UCS_Matt

UCS_Nicholai

UCS_Tomi

UCS_Yuri

UCS_Rifleman

UCS_Rifleman_SMG

UCS_Grenadier

UCS_Sniper

UCS_Machinegunner

UCS_Rifleman_W

UCS_Rifleman_SMG_W

UCS_Grenadier_W

UCS_Sniper_W

UCS_Machinegunner_W

WEAPON CLASSNAMES

HH_DM4 - 6.8mm SPC Desert Camo'd Rifle - JAM_W68_25SAmag

HH_SR25c - 7.62x51mm Carbine variant of the SR25 - JAM_W762Sniper_20mag

HH_M249 -7.62mm Minimi (yes its based on a RL weapon) - JAM_W762m_100mag

HH_CQBR -Mk18 CQBR - JAM_W556_30mag, JAM_w556_30hdmag, m4, SJB_TOS_M4_Mag

Face Textures

There are a set of llauma faces included with the pack made/edited by me feel free to rename and use them in the llauma face pack for your own use but give me and SRK a credit as they are our camo textures

VERSION HISTORY:

this is the first version of the addon so expect some bugs

*added yuri,carlos,ncholai and chris

*added several new mercs some of which arent included in the present release but will eventually be in the "final"

*added winter mercs fixed numerous bugs and started to work on custom content

NOTE:

These should all work without any glitches if there are any texture prolblems i can release a fixed version once corrected

Quote[/b] ]HH Weapons Readme:

This pack is mainly reskinned and edited SJB stuff, the SR25's scope was scratch built as was the barrel.

The weapons contained in this pack, are going to at a later stage be fully implemented into the UCS module, at the moment they are just stand alone weapons...

_

Classnames

CQBR: HH_CQBR JAM_W556_30mag, JAM_W556_30HDmag, M4, SJB_TOS_M4_mag

M4: HH_DM4 JAM_W68_25samag

SR25: HH_SR25c HH_SR25cmag

Minimi HH_M249 HH_m249mag

_

the weapons are all JAM3 coded, so that should please people, they are also completly self suffcient apart from JAM.

CQBR

The CQBR in the pack uses an EOtech 552 for its optic and is around 3000 or so polys.

M4

The M4 in the pack uses a SpecterDR for its optic and is again around 3000 or so polys

SR25

The SR 25 uses a leupold scope with an accurate portrayl of the SPR reticle in its non illuminated form, it is a real weapon not just something i made up too

Minimi

The Minimi i have made is a new version of it that is coming into production chambered for 7.62x51mm it uses the specterDR

_

Credits:

Jackal 326: The relavent models, textures, advice and "ideas"

Laser: Buttstock + EOtech (model + Tex)

Dasquade: The Sexyful SpecterDR he allowed me to use and the SPR reticle

*The author of the EOtech view* I haven't a clue who made this so this is your credit,if you'd like the view to be changed from

your work please just ask me

JAM3 Team: JAM3 such a great addon to use smile_o.gif

OFP Community: For being nice for a change lol

Myst9999: Random stuff that kept me going

Well enjoy the addons, and stay tuned for updates wink_o.gif

*Feeback Welcomed*

Reagrds UCS_Team