Sign in to follow this  
Chaos

CRDS - Personal v 2.0 - AddOn Version released

The OFPMDB Team released now a new version of my "Realistic Dam(m)age System" which is well known since the release of "Operation Black Mamba". Now the CRDS-P v2.0 is avaible as an addon which brings a lot of advantages to the missiondesigner and the player. You can find all features bottom.

CRDS2AOV_small.jpg

These are the advantages

- no need to merge CRDS with the description.ext

- all sounds and scripts are now defined in the addon

- it is now very easy to launch CRDS

- there is no need to define CRDS in every mission of a campaign

- the integration into a config of a modification is now very easy

- the size of missions and campaigns is now smaller

Features:

- player can bleed

- large wounds accelerate the bleeding

- player screams while bleeding

- two first aid kits can stop the bleeding

- white- and blackouts

- a lot of soundsamples

- simulated pain when player gets hit

- limited sight when wounded

- limited possibilitys of communication with teammembers

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Here</span>

you can download the addOn.

welcome.gif

thanks mate thumbs-up.gif

i will check it. we have most of the things in WGL for a long time, but i am interested to see how you have done it smile_o.gif

well done - the voices are evil wink_o.gif

nice addon smile_o.gif

is it MP friendly ? biggrin_o.gif

@ CRIONYK

Yes - its MP friendly. yay.gif

@ punishment

For detachable limbs you need fully new skeleton - complete new unit. Sorry but this is only a script.

Thanks guys !

Quote[/b] ]Yes - its MP friendly

notworthy.gif cool i'm adding your script to my stargate units biggrin_o.gif

nice addon smile_o.gif

@ punishment

For detachable limbs you need fully new skeleton - complete new unit. Sorry but this is only a script.

Hmm so i am right in assuming this thing as the potential for a unit when say for instance, hit by a fifty cal bullit in the head the head could fly off? Or hit in the leg the leg could become shall we say dissattached from the unit! Hmm,come on addon makers let's make a unit that could take full advantage of the addon.(just for realism's sake you understand)

body dismemberment is possible

i managed to do that with some us marines ive made some days ago

however its way too fuzzy to get it working for everypart of the body

also the heap of data that has to be calculated is pretty high

also the useage of textures..

with those texture clusters most unit addons use today in ofp it would be pretty horrific..

no impossible but unpractical for ofp at least..

lets wait for arma

i think something is wrong with the death sounds , it is like some are played at a time , making a quite scaring shout most of the times biggrin_o.gif this happens with and without ecp .also when the player is killed not long after being injuried, the screen blacks out and you can see nothing at all , the script keeps on working even in the death screen. smile_o.gif and never heard the great variety of wonded shouts that there are in the pbo , only some breathing confused_o.gif

I too only get one crazy death scream- accompianed by a kind of electronic gust of wind noise.

i think something is wrong with the death sounds , it is like some are played at a time , making a quite scaring shout most of the times  biggrin_o.gif this happens with and without ecp .also when the player is killed not long after being injuried, the screen blacks out and you can see nothing at all , the script keeps on working even in the death screen.  smile_o.gif and never heard the great variety of wonded shouts that there are in the pbo , only some breathing confused_o.gif

Chaos is a little bit busy atm so some answers from me, who works together with Chaos.

the death sound works correctly. Maybe its not the best, but it´s the best Chaos got.

I found the problem with the Blackout and a little bugfix is near to come.

the wounded sounds come only at a high "damage"-level, but for OFP its a short step between no damage and player killed by directs hits. You will hear the sounds if you get some indirect hits. Maybe we´ll improve this too.

Thanks for the feedback. thumbs-up.gif

Sudden Death

Well, the sound problem is now fixed. Please download the file again. Now you can hear the right sounds after every, indicrectly body hit.

Additional information:

This script/addon will shot automatically his functions down (bleeding) when you use the ECP mod.

english download

german download

Other bugs & problems we will fix in next times.

much much better now thumbs-up.gif the death sounds are fixed and work perfectly, still there is black out on death screen but is a minor bug , i will search for the different injury shouts , didn't met anyone yet , but that's because rusians kill me so fast biggrin_o.gif

great work ! welcome.gif

edit: another issue i found, when you are flying in a chopper for example and you are injuried, the sound of the chopper dissapears each time the player breaths , then appears again (im implementing your script in my personal missions tounge2.gif )

much much better now  thumbs-up.gif  the death sounds are fixed and work perfectly, still there is black out on death screen but is a minor bug , i will search for the different injury shouts , didn't met anyone yet , but that's because rusians kill me so fast   biggrin_o.gif  

great work !  welcome.gif

edit: another issue i found, when you are flying in a chopper for example and you are injuried, the sound of the chopper dissapears each time the player breaths , then appears again (im implementing your script in my personal missions  tounge2.gif  )

new updated version from august 14th:

- blackscreen problems if player died should be fixed now

- soundproblems fixed like Chaos told

In a very first version of the addon a loud "beep" simulates the "earbreak" (?bad english?) if player was hit. But this was to nerve-racking. Finally Chaos used the "fadesound" of OFP. So its normal that sound disappears.

Hope thats th point you mean or did I missunderstoud?

Kind regards

Sudden Death

well , i don't mean the exact moment in wich you are injuried when the fade sound simulates the shock, i mean later , it is like each time the player makes the breath sound of your script , this sound superpose to the helicopters one, this occurs repeatedly with every breath , i know what you mean with fade sound but is not that , i think it is aproblem of sound Overlapping or something smile_o.gif

downloading the latest version ! welcome.gif

This problem was really not more existent since last bugfix. We hope, we can make the next version of CRDS-P better and the release will be better than this crazy_o.gif

yay.gif