Sign in to follow this  
VictorTroska

Football:General

Surely not another Grimbarian in the Flashpoint world? notworthy.gif

Another? Does that mean I'm not unique? wink_o.gif

Nope I'm Grimsby born and raised, lived there for 30 years before leaving for here, admittedly though I'm primarily a Sheffield Wednesday fan before I'm a Grimsby fan icon_redface.gif

owlslt8.jpg

Liverpool are my favourite team from the Premiership, I always play as them in PES and watch as many of their matches as I can, looking forward to the first competitive match of the season tonight against Maccabi Haifa, results of the last couple of friendlies will soon be forgotten with a good performance and result tonight smile_o.gif

Same as Messiah, I'm a Forest lad.

You Reds!!!!

Won 1-0 in a crap game today against Bradford.  This guy from Israel (and lives there) came today for his first ever Forest match. Nice lad.

New keeper is our only signing, and he looked very encouraging today. Can't believe we only signed 1 player though, and a keeper at that!!! The board claimed the increase of ST prices was to fund the signing of new players...........no they weren't.

Our club is in a total mess from top to bottom though.

Messiah: Did you go today?

no mate, I live down south now in Oxford (well, southish) so I very rarely get a chance to se the red play. Used to go a hell of alot when i lived in Nottm (pretty much every home game), but not for about 3/4 years now  whistle.gif

agreed about the state of the club... and its a neverending circle, reckon its going to take a fair while to claw ourselves back to a respectable position.

kewl kewl. Won 2-0 last night biggrin_o.gif Though it was against blackpool haha.

Hopefully a sign of things to come this season. 2 wins in 2.

Quote[/b] ]Come on you Reds!

Get your own nickname wink_o.gif lol

@VictorTroska:

0:3, not quite the way you predicted.  wink_o.gif

Good luck next time!  smile_o.gif

Eheheh....true,but we will return them that 3 goals back, on 23rd in London... nener.gif

UEFA Champions League 3rd round qualifying matches:

Austria - Benfica 1-1

Dinamo Zagreb - Arsenal 0-3

Hamburg - Osasuna 0-0

AC Milan - Crvena Zvezda 1-0

Salzburg - Valencia 1-0

Lille - Rabotnicki 3-0

FC Křbenhavn - AFC Ajax 1-2

CSKA Moskva - Ružomberok 3-0

Shakhtar - Legia 1-0

Liverpool FC - M. Haifa 2-1

Standard - Steaua 2-2

Liberec - Spartak Moskva 0-0

Hearts - AEK 1-2

Dynamo Kyiv - Fenerbahçe 3-1

Levski - Chievo 2-0

Galatasaray - Mladá Boleslav 5-2

2nd legs on August 22nd & 23rd.

Go Ajax & Liverpool yay.gif

Some football at the lowest level:

My own team played 3-3 today. Our regular keeper has two fractured ribs so I volounteered for the job. I got injured in the first half so I had to play three quarters of the game with a sprained ankle, now it's killing me.

My local soccer (football) club, DC United, just had a tie with Real Madrid in a friendly game. It was my first time seeing a European club play.

DC_United123.gif

However, I'm more of a fan of this football (American) team.......

daskins.png

Ehehehe..... Match between Liverpool and Maccabi (22.08.2006) could be played here in Zagreb or at other two places as from latest information.....its Maccabi's choice to play at home (not recommended) or at some other place (i guess this is most likely)......so we could have another great game here...... yay.gif

I'm a Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) supporter. Up until I was about 17 I used to go to at least 1 match a month but since then, my interest in following football has diminished.

wolverhampton.jpg

I'm not expecting anything much this season (we usually linger around mid-upper table). However, this season may be particularly bad as we lost 12 players, a chairman, a director and our former manager; bonkers, ex-England boss Glen Hoddl) over the summer. Though we have a new manager Mick Mccarthy (used to be boss of the Republic of Ireland's international team). I

IRC our transfer budget was also cut. Not a great pre-season.

I'm a Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) supporter. Up until I was about 17 I used to go to at least 1 match a month but since then, my interest in following football has diminished.

[im]http://mysite.orange.co.uk/da12thmonkey/wolverhampton.jpg[/img]

I'm not expecting anything much this season (we usually linger around mid-upper table). However, this season may be particularly bad as we lost 12 players, a chairman, a director and our former manager; bonkers, ex-England boss Glen Hoddl) over the summer. Though we have a new manager Mick Mccarthy (used to be boss of the Republic of Ireland's international team). I

IRC our transfer budget was also cut. Not a great pre-season.

Hoddle is a good loss. I can remember when he was in line-up for Forest job, the Forest fans were dreading it.

It'll be in Cyprus most likely wink_o.gif

I read in (wednesday) newspaper that there are lots of Lebanon refugees on Cyprus so Maccabi is reluctant to play there...i hope they play in Zagreb, there are lots of Livepool fans in Croatia, i guess that 95% of stadium attendance will cheer for Liverpool. Btw, Igor Biscan played for Liverpool, and he also played for Dinamo Zagreb, so there you go...support is guarantied.

3 out of 3 wins biggrin_o.gif

Also 3 penalties missed in 3 games crazy_o.gif

Liverpool FC showed that they continue to have the edge over Chelsea FC, in cup competitions at least, by beating the English champions 2-1 to win the FA Community Shield at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.

Jinx persists

The Anfield club had defeated the Londoners by the same scoreline in last season's FA Cup semi-finals, en route to lifting that trophy, and they picked up where they left off in May thanks to goals in each half from John Arne Riise and Peter Crouch. Andriy Shevchenko had brought parity to the contest by opening his account for Chelsea on the stroke of half-time.

Wonder goal

Riise, who had also scored in that semi-final, again proved Chelsea's nemesis with a wonder goal on nine minutes. The Norway full-back ran from his own penalty area before powering a shot from 25 minutes that goalkeeper Carlo Cudinici could not prevent from arrowing into the net. Shevchenko then demonstrated why Chelsea paid around €45m to bring him from AC Milan, latching on to Frank Lampard's perfect through-pass to side-foot the ball calmly past Liverpool's Pepe Reina.

Decisive header

The title-holders improved after the break but, against opponents who had also ousted them from the 2004/05 UEFA Champions League semi-finals, they succumbed to a sucker punch from England striker Crouch. Substitute Craig Bellamy crossed for Crouch to head in from close range with eleven minutes remaining and send the first silverware of the season to Merseyside.

Eheheh..... very nice. tounge2.gif

woo baseball tonight! go Mets!!!! smile_o.gif

In football news, WOOO LIVERPOOL yay.gif , showing chelsea they simply cant buy everything! GO PETER CROUCH!!! pistols.gif lol

Would of been good if Chelsea played there proper team wouldn't it.

edit: And before you ask, yes, I hate Liverpool.

There were probably as many first teamers in the Chealsea team as there were in the Liverpool team. Saying Chelsea lost because they didn't play their "proper" team is a bit silly. Liverpool won because they played better and deserved to win.

Crvena Zvezda all the way!

Crvena_Zvezda.png

Pozdrav VictorTroska biggrin_o.gif. We'll knockout AC Milan in Belgrade surely!

UEFA EURO 2008â„¢ gets started on Wednesday and the majority of the competitors have hopes of joining co-hosts Austria and Switzerland in the finals. With both FIFA World Cup finalists in the same group, and two new nations in contention, uefa.com takes a look at the seven pools, each of which will produce two qualifiers.

Group A

Runners-up on home soil four years ago and World Cup semi-finalists, Portugal are confident. Luís Figo and record scorer Pauleta have bowed out but the talismanic Luis Felipe Scolari remains in charge. Poland also have a high-profile foreign coach in the shape of Leo Beenhakker, who is keeping faith with the established players as they attempt to qualify for their first EURO finals. Playing in their debut qualifiers are the now separate Serbia, coached by Spaniard Javier Clemente and able to call on most the squad that reached the World Cup in partnership with Montenegro. Belgium will build around German-based defensive duo Vincent Kompany and Daniel Van Buyten when they open their campaign on Wednesday against Kazakhstan, who are making their EURO bow. Finland will be coached by the experienced Roy Hodgson, but although hopes of a first qualification have grown over the last decade, there is limited back-up to the first-choice lineup.

Group B

On 6 September France and Italy will meet in their second qualifier less than two months after their encounter in Berlin. France are (again) looking to life after Zinédine Zidane, Lilian Thuram and Claude Makelele, while world champions Italy have a new coach in Roberto Donadoni as they aim to become only the second team to win the European title two years after gaining the world crown - after France in 2000. Ukraine, who lost to Italy in the World Cup quarter-finals, will be keen to reverse that result but another challenge could come from Scotland, much improved under Walter Smith.

Group C

Holders Greece have stuck by Otto Rehhagel and his established lineup, but are still smarting from their World Cup campaign when they finished fourth in their pool. Turkey also have unhappy memories of that tournament, as the aftermath of their play-off defeat by Switzerland has left them having to play their 'home' games against Malta, Moldova and Norway on neutral territory. Norway themselves have reached play-offs in their last two campaigns and welcome back Ole Gunnar Solskjćr from injury. Dark horses Bosnia-Herzegovina have become a difficult team to beat.

Group D

Jürgen Klinsmann's successor Joachim Löw takes over a Germany team high in confidence, full of up-and-coming talent like Phillip Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Lukas Podolski, and with only one departure - Oliver Kahn, who had already lost his place to Jens Lehmann. Of course, it is a while since their last competitive away game, but only one of Germany's rivals, the Czech Republic, qualified for the World Cup, and their experience was one of disappointment. However, they have only seen Karel Poborský retire, and the vastly experienced Karel Brückner remains in charge. Two other teams with strong chances are the Republic of Ireland, under former player Steve Staunton, and Czech neighbours Slovakia, only beaten by Spain in the World Cup play-offs.

Group E

England's new coach Steve McClaren is in place, keen to improve on three consecutive quarter-final results. He has appointed John Terry as captain, having dropped David Beckham along with David James and Sol Campbell. Croatia have qualified five times for major tournaments in six attempts and there is plenty of optimism following the appointment of the 37-year-old Slaven Bilic as coach. Russia too have an inspiring new leader in Guus Hiddink and while Israel may have to switch their home games, Avraham Grant's successor Dror Kashtan inherits a team that were not beaten in World Cup qualification. F.Y.R. Macedonia, who play Estonia this week, are coached by Srecko Katanec, who led his native Slovenia to two major final tournaments.

Group F

Spain may sometimes disappoint at major tournaments but they have not failed to qualify in well over a decade. The fluency of their performances in the group stage in Germany suggest that run will not end, with the major threats coming from Scandinavian neighbours Denmark and Sweden. Denmark did not make the World Cup but have a stable and experienced squad while Lars Lagerbäck will again lead Sweden as they attempt to reach a fifth consecutive major finals, though Henrik Larsson is no longer available. Of the outsiders, Northern Ireland’s victory against England in September will be a warning for no one to take them lightly, but Latvia could find it tough to match their 2004 heroics. Even Liechtenstein proved in their World Cup campaign that they are no longer pushovers.

Group G

Two EURO semi-final defeats in a row will motivate the Netherlands, who departed the World Cup in a bizarre match against Portugal but otherwise have looked good under Marco van Basten with a talented, young team that seemingly has no room for Ruud van Nistelrooij. Romania finished third behind the Dutch and Czechs in World Cup qualifying, but with established names including Adrian Mutu, Cristian Chivu and Cosmin Contra available, this could be the competition that ends a run of three near-misses. Bulgaria, Belarus and Slovenia are all potential challengers.

and Cyprus is also off:

The second leg of Maccabi Haifa FC's UEFA Champions League third qualifying round tie against Liverpool FC will be played in the Ukrainian capital Kiev on Tuesday 22 August, with no European competition matches permitted to be staged in Israel in light of the ongoing troubles in and around the country.

Dynamo home

The game at FC Dynamo Kyiv's Valery Lobanovskiy stadium will kick off at 21.35 local time (20.35CET) with Liverpool defending a 2-1 lead from the first leg at Anfield. The UEFA administration will continue to monitor the safety and security situation in Israel and further decisions will be made according to changes in this situation.

Twelve top stars form the list of nominees for the UEFA Club Football Awards, which will be presented during the UEFA Champions League group stage draw to be held in Monaco on Thursday 24 August at 18.00CET.

Brilliant displays

The list was announced by UEFA on Monday, and features players who set the UEFA Champions League alight with their brilliant and consistent displays last season. There are four award categories: UEFA Club Goalkeeper, Club Defender, Club Midfielder and Club Forward of the Year.

Voting panel

The newly-established voting procedure gives a selected number of experts, consisting of the coaches of the 16 teams that reached the knockout phase of the 2005/06 UEFA Champions League, and the members of the UEFA Technical Study Group the possibility to cast their votes.

The short list of nominees is as follows:

UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year:

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)

Grégory Coupet (Olympique Lyonnais)

Jens Lehmann (Arsenal FC)

UEFA Club Defender of the Year:

Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus)

Emmanuel Eboué (Arsenal FC)

Carles Puyol (FC Barcelona)

UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year:

Deco (FC Barcelona)

Juninho Pernambucano (Olympique Lyonnais)

Juan Román Riquelme (Villarreal CF)

UEFA Club Forward of the Year:

Samuel Eto'o (FC Barcelona)

Thierry Henry (Arsenal FC)

Ronaldinho (FC Barcelona)

Club Footballer award

The UEFA Club Footballer of the Year 2006 - formerly known as the Most Valuable Player - is elected by the 16 coaches only, from the above pool of 12 nominees.

Most Valuable Player award

The Most Valuable Player of the 2005/06 UEFA Cup will be given an award during the UEFA Cup draw to take place in Monaco on 25 August at 13.00CET. For this accolade, only the eight coaches of last season's UEFA Cup quarter-finalists give their vote. Four nominees are in contention: Daniel Alves (Sevilla FC), Enzo Maresca (Sevilla FC), Javier Saviola (Sevilla FC) and Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough FC).

For me:Goalkeeper-Buffon

Defender-Cannavaro

Midfielder-Juninho

Forward-Ronaldinho

Most Valuable-Saviola    wink_o.gif