Sign in to follow this  
wipman

DLEM_MEU

wipman, those are some cool looking pictures. The regular PVS-7/14 mount on them (as on Lasers units) looks great and some other MEUSOC units still use them. The new mount nephilim is reffering to, (Norotos) isn't employed by all so if you had the standard one that's been issued with the ACH/MICH that'd look fine. Love your work!

nightvision-N-mount-1.jpg

Hi, i've opened the Wilco's Multycamo units, based on the DLEM_ACU units, and i've thinked that maybe a good idea to use the helmet model, texure and mapping for the Team leader and leave the rest of the units (rifleman, grenadier, medic, AT, AA, Sniper, MG & HMG) with the cover on the mitchhelmet.

This is what i mean:

DLEM_MEU_06.jpg

I've to do the OD version, and im thinking in add some adesive tape to it, only for the T.Leader; but that's only a remote posibility. I was also thinking in ask Llauma for 1 of his facestexture2 face .jpg texture, that one with one of This Ones but do it OD green; i've also have in mind which weapons i may use, the USMC Addon 1.0 weapons (M16's A4, M249, M4 & M1014), maybe some DanM14's Pack, my wip_m1911 & the great Kurtz's M40A3. Also the JAM Mag3 B92FS, maybe. Let's C ya

Dont knowif this been said, but FR Marines dont usually run around with helmet covers on their heads.

Remember to put the coyote brown Interceptor Body Armor on the regular marines and CIRAS (Combat Integrated Releaseable Armor System) Maritime version on the force recon marines.

think the most common vest for the FR guys is the FSBE AAV

havent seen any FR usinghte ciras  confused_o.gif

another thing

the back screws on the mich are placed off

they need to be further in the back

Those last to pics are of Marines? They may be, I'm just asking, but generally those guys look WAY to non-uniform to be Marines. Marines also don't generally wear ball caps and non-issue Oakelys (too faddish). If you look at the first few pics, all those guys are very uniform.

Not sure what the origins of the "Punisher 3" patch is, but those guys could be EOD or SEALs.

Quote[/b] ]Those last to pics are of Marines? They may be, I'm just asking, but generally those guys look WAY to non-uniform to be Marines. Marines also don't generally wear ball caps and non-issue Oakelys (too faddish). If you look at the first few pics, all those guys are very uniform.

Not sure what the origins of the "Punisher 3" patch is, but those guys could be EOD or SEALs.

I agree, unless the Corps has changed drastically. I served with the Marines for 8 years, but then again, that was over 10 years ago. When I was in, we never wore patches of any type on our "cammies". Just the good ole EGA with USMC on the left breast pocket until 1991, then we had to get the name tapes, but still no patches.

RoTHy

Yeah, that's why I brought it up. It's pretty much the same now. There are guys who will wear one deployment or detachment patch on their right shoulder, but they're pilots and not everyone wears them. The Navy is much more patch happy, myself included.

Hi, some photos of the USMC FR in Lyberia...

abj.jpg

aaj.jpg

e_usmc01.jpg

I don't know which is the name of those vests, but the helmets are mitch 2000 for sure, in those pics (unless in the 1St one); as FR i guess that they could wear anything that they want, wear or use (tools aka weapons) so i could do the helmet textures with or without the cover an it'll still beeing valid; because it's provable that some Force Recon units use it. Let's C ya

Those last to pics are of Marines? They may be, I'm just asking, but generally those guys look WAY to non-uniform to be Marines. Marines also don't generally wear ball caps and non-issue Oakelys (too faddish). If you look at the first few pics, all those guys are very uniform.

They are Marines, they're Force Recon. Force Recon, like seals and Army SF dont have to stick to the normal uniform standards. The CIRAS Land Version is standard for Force Recon units now, it's replaced the FSBE AAV.

Quote[/b] ]They are Marines, they're Force Recon. Force Recon, like seals and Army SF dont have to stick to the normal uniform standards.

They may be Marines, but I'd love to see a reference. Can't speak for Army SF, but the SEALs DO stick to general uniform standards, w/ the exception of maybe some Oakleys. All I'm saying is that the FR dudes running around my last duty station were all pretty uniform. Marines tend to be like that...I think it's genetic.

Hi, I just wanna ask, have u got any plans on a desert camo for the MEU? both tri-colour and US MARPAT camo? If you could that would rock! biggrin_o.gif

Hi, i had plans of do too Marpat(D) textures, but as the mapping on the base models (the great looking DLEM_ACU units) it's so weird and im so dumb that i don't know how to remap in a better way the BDU textures over the arms and legs of this units; and also on the mags pockets, knee pads foam & knee pads plastic reinforcement, radio pouch, pistol mags pouches, med-kit & gas mask pouches & pistol holster... latelly i've been thinking in advandone the project. But once i get a new monitor i could retake the project and reach the point of "i can't do nothing more" and then, or release what i may have... or anounce the sad new of "i can't do nothing more"; in over two weeks i'll had a new monitor & then we'll see. Let's C ya

the butt pockets are too deep.

like theyre stuck under the buttocks.

Maybe his model has melted caramel candy in his back pockets.

Anyways,In the heat of the battle,the last thing you ever do is check out anyones ass.

Either way nice texturing...keep at it!

Hi, i think that i've a final Mitch 2000 Marpat(W) cover texture, im satisfied enought with the shadows & lights look like on it. What do you think? i stop to do helmet covers and move on to another texture?.

DLEM_MEU Progress:

DLEM_MEU_07.jpg

Let's C ya

Hi. i already thinked in that option, but the texture have a "problem" it's just a 1 side texture. This means that if i add a (W)Marpat cover texture to it, it'll look like as mirrored; i guess that i could do a new texture to use in that helmet, booth in olive green and sand desert. But the main problem is to add that helmet, conserving the selections and proxyes to the DLEM_MEU models (the same DLEM_ACU models but opened in the O2 & then saved in they'r own folder under the name of MEU instead ACU) that's something that i don't know how to do. Let's C ya

Military regulations don't allow neck tattoos.

The vest is the Interceptor, they also use the TAG Spartan and probably the Eagle Maritime CIRAS.

Quote[/b] ]Military regulations don't allow neck tattoos.

They also dont allow infantry to jump into helis, tanks and boats at whim and drive around but we do that too.

"Game".

Military regulations don't allow neck tattoos.

Ok let's just say for the sake of argument when in the theatre of war(which is what it would be if playing flashpoint) This soldiers mate(the one with the neck tattoo) back at camp tottooed the guy's neck. Now who would boot him out in the midddle of a war?

Hi, that face texture is a face texture that im working on into it, to use it with the FaceText2 on the Llauma head models, i still have to make the tattoo match well in the neck, and i also should do a barbed wire arround his neck like in the face texture that i've been using from 1 or 2 months afther have the OFP some years ago; i learnt how to play with the photoshop thanks to that ain't liked the custom face texture that the OFP came with; my current (like that one) face texture wears a pimp crest that i also have to adjust to the mapping, because it looks like as spiked in the top, right in the middle of the crest, and that's something that i've to solve by some how. I don't know when the custom face textures used by a model became the subject of this tread, but ain't like it. This tread goes about the DLEM_MEU, what i'm doing with the pimp model that DLEM made and how to transform it (by change the textures and maybe the mapping) into a credible USMC FR addon unit; what i'll like to do, how i'll like to do it... and the problems & how to solve 'em... that i'm finding while i do it. That face texture is not important or even relevant to what i made this tread to, so please... change the subject. Let's C ya

and what if someone got a neck tattoo and joins the jarheads?

are they gonna cut it out :P ?