Sign in to follow this  
Stuntman

Which Game Are You Looking Most Forward To?

Hi! I made this post to find out which game the community are looking most forward to. smile_o.gif

Feel free to chose which game you are looking most forward to, and please tell me why!  smile_o.gif

I choose: "I Am Looking Most Forward To Game2 (Next Generation PC Game)."

Enjoy! wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Null vote...

Im looking forward to Game2 as it offers a lot more options than Arma. However, I think game2 would eventually become Armed Assault judging from the quality of latest Arma screenshots. thumbs-up.gif

Game 2 for me ,whilst arma looks fantastic.it is for me ofp:e for pc. i like the sound of the rpg in game2 i hope that this with a mixture of some real ambience ,will make it the last game i ever buy. about arma, Bis have done exactly what they said, its a more mainstream version of OFP (better graphics and j.i.p),which will make it a nice transition from old gen to new gen looking at the scripting and config stuff ,its quite mouth watering unfourtunately the game play is still to linear , a bad example(but only one available) is that everytime someone plays that demo at the exact same time they appear to swap to another man ,tank gunner etc. it reminds me of the old days when you died and had to start again, you rushed thru all the linear motions to get to the part where you died. remember this only my opinion, i aint trying to tell you yours smile_o.gif or say i am right.

I'm looking forward to Game 2 for the RPG and persistant battle elements which won't be found in Armed Assault. No matter how much they improve the graphics of Armed Assault it's never going to be Game 2 guys.

However I found the vote difficult because right now I'm more excited by Armed Assault. I might be hit by a bus or WW3 might break out before Game 2 is released, but I'll be able to play Armed Assault in the near future.

Yeah, this poll is a bit skewed. Game 2 is a mythical project to most of us and in cases of myth, it usually gets exaggerated within your own mind as to how "cool" it's going to be.

If I new the exact features going to be included in Game 2 and that there wasn't maybe even a better game/sim by some other company at the time it is released (far future)... sure I can maybe say ArmA is more exciting.... but right now in my own mind Game 2 is like the Holy Grail of games.

Yeah, this poll is a bit skewed. Game 2 is a mythical project to most of us and in cases of myth, it usually gets exaggerated within your own mind as to how "cool" it's going to be.

Same for me, it's pointless to speculate about something we don't even know how it will look like huh.gif

Same for me, it's pointless to speculate about something we don't even know how it will look like huh.gif

lookslike1

Quote[/b] ]

Will the game have single missions? Or will you just give the player a living enviroment and he will decide what to do?

The game will be like an RPG in this aspect, you won't have missions, but you will fullfill tasks in whatever order you like. Your decisions will influence the whole game.

Will you use modified ArmA engine or a completely new one? What differences between ArmA and Game 2 can we expect, for example in physics?

The engine is in development with every new game, influenced by players and soldiers. It depends on each project - design, platform, publisher - what abilities the engine will have. In Game 2 the physics is completely different from ArmA.

source

some screen shots.

screenies

video of ingame vegetation.

download here 178 meg, not all about vege and in czech

shortversion use i.e to view .firefox dont like it

some rpg basic element showing interaction

it aint no myth and arma aint no game 2 ,never will be

some dialogue

I am most looking forward to ArmA, simply because it is within the forseeable future. Who knows when Game 2 will come out? In the meantime I'll be happy playing ArmA.

Yeah we've got a lot of detailed informations about that project, as well as confirmed release date. My fault sorry... crazy_o.gif

@deanosbeano just look at your signature wink_o.gif

Game2 by far... ArmA is nothing more then OFP on steroids. It has improved graphics, and some engine fixes. But it dosn't really have anything really new, to make it an amazingly good game. As where Game2 is a totally new game.

We know for a fact Game2 will have a lot of really cool features that Arma will not. Like Dynamic destruction, dynamic campaigns, real world physics, and by the time it comes out... its graphics will probly make ArmA's look really old.

Game2's only drawback is that we have no idea when it will come out. Rummors say 2008... its probly more likely to come out some time next year, but who knows.

Well, actually I'm looking forward to both games.

But since I know that for the obvious reasons that ArmA will be out first than I'm looking most forward to ArmA.

Having and playing ArmA will keep me ocupied while Game2 doesn't come out wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Which Game Are You Looking Most Forward To?

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos has caught my interest lately. If it has the same type of "kill animations" as DoW had back then, the game will be awsome.

Actually I'm looking forward to game 2, but I think that Arma will influence game 2 in a lot of ways, as BIS will probably receive a lot of feedback from this game which they can use in game2.

But also I think that I look most forward to Arma, because OFP is getting really old, and with that I mean especially the multiplayer aspect. Better netcode would be awesome(especially for servers), and JIP is a nice addition. I think it's also because I want to discover something new, with a lot of other people. The islands of OFP and other famous MOD's like FDF are getting too familiar (I think that if you know the time you need to get from point A to point B at 30 seconds precise, it's getting bad tounge2.gif) Soldiers don't stay always at the same place either wink_o.gif

this is kinda a null vote here, that like picking a 2007 car or a 2025 car....you know

Armed Assault, just because that's the one that's coming out soonest.  Game2 is still a few years down the road, and I really don't feel like waiting that long for another great BIS product. wink_o.gif

-Pilot

This thread is pointless. tounge2.gif I'm looking most forward to ArmA ATM, because it'll be released soon, but Game2 will be a lot more fun than ArmA with the dynamic campaign and RPG style gameplay.

Edit: voted for Game2 though. smile_o.gif

ArmA.

They're gonna release it soon anyways, while there is slim-to-none info about 'NG-PC-game', wich won't be released in a near future.

So, ArmA is my vote here, but really, it should be a null vote, since I will buy both games and play them both. Alot. tounge2.gif

I have to say Game 2. The announced features and new engine, even with the little information we have. already puts it over Armed Assault. But its kinda null, like some smart person said its like choosing to buy a 2007 car or 2027 car. LOL

I have to say Game 2. The announced features and new engine, even with the little information we have. already puts it over Armed Assault. But its kinda null, like some smart person said its like choosing to buy a 2007 car or 2027 car. LOL

hmm i wouldnt be so sure,what alot of people forget is these key points.:)

1. ofp2/game/nextgen was started on back in 2003 and before

2. at E3 2005 altho ArmA was anounced there was no preview.

3.there was a small preview of Game2 it was far advanced of Arma

4.Arma is heavily based on OFP:E with elements of VBS .What engine will ArmA run on and what changes will it have?

It will have improved OFP:Elite engine( altho it has to be said they addes more than originaly forecast)

5. ArmA is said to be a way of funding for game2 just like fairytale was for Operation Flashpoint.

6. in a video of idea games conference it is seen release for game2 is late 2007/2008.

7. a source for some facts is is this interview

hmm i wouldnt be so sure,what alot of people forget is these key points.:)

1. ofp2/game/nextgen was started on back in 2003 and before

2. at E3 2005 altho ArmA was anounced there was no preview.

3.there was a small preview of Game2 it was far advanced of Arma

4.Arma is heavily based on OFP:E with elements of VBS .What engine will ArmA run on and what changes will it have?

It will have improved OFP:Elite engine( altho it has to be said they addes more than originaly forecast)

5. ArmA is said to be a way of funding for game2 just like fairytale was for Operation Flashpoint.

6. in a video of idea games conference it is seen release for game2 is late 2007/2008.

7. a source for some facts is is this interview

Key points or not Game 2 and Armed Assault is gonna rock crazy_o.gif

After years of waiting for games I have learned not to get excited about games of the future - wait until there are real signs of imminent release.

Armed Assault is real. We've all played the game that it's based on and loved it.