Sign in to follow this  
Timblesink

1944 D-Day: Operation Overlord

Check it out for yourself HERE

Read the FAQ. It sounds just like the kind of thing OFPers and WW2ers and OFPWW2ers would love! I know I like the sound of it.

What did Australia do in the Operation Overlord?

Its on the Faq but I dont know, Maybe some RAAF pilots but most of our grounds forces where pulled back to Australia to fight the Japanese

I bumped in to it a couple of months ago. Looks good, though I'm not sure how they will manage to put all that in the game.

Not holding my breath, god knows how many "awesome" mods/games got to the "few gun model pics and a shitload of promises"-stage and not a single step beyond that.

Not holding my breath, god knows how many "awesome" mods/games got to the "few gun model pics and a shitload of promises"-stage and not a single step beyond that.

Searching never hurt anyone

Searching never hurt anyone

Uhh, am I missing something or are there anything besides pictures of models (some untextured) there?

If it really is as good as told, a bit like RO combined with MoH/BF/OFP... sweet. ArmA, this one and FS10, what else do you need in... 2008?

Oh Joy... another WW2 era game crazy_o.gif In Normady even. Wow, can't believe that hasn't been done before icon_rolleyes.gif

Why can't anyone come up with anything interesting or relatively untouched in that genre?

the mongolian front for instance rofl.gif

No, maybe somthing like Burma or New Guinea smart guy. icon_rolleyes.gif

the mongolian front for instance  rofl.gif

Becuase theres not Americans in those Campaigns tounge2.gif

Becuase theres not Americans in those Campaigns tounge2.gif

Yes there is.

Mostly Brits and Aussie's thought

Oh Joy... another WW2 era game  crazy_o.gif In Normady even. Wow, can't believe that hasn't been done before  icon_rolleyes.gif

Why can't anyone come up with anything interesting or relatively untouched in that genre?

Read the faw, they will be doing expanisions that include the pacific, atlantic and african campaigns.

We need a game called - The Evacuation: Saigon.

You get points for getting people out of Saigon and even more points for pushing helicopters off Aircraft Carriers.

>Just a question bout this... afaik this game is already in an internal alpha stadium (they're now saying they're actually preparing for beta), and its said that certain users have access to this alpha for testing... Anyone know something about the state of this alpha or this whole thing just a big piece of vapourware?

yeah, that would be interesting. because we have always USA vs someone, this is really tiring.

one day someone will create a game: USA vs Dark Vador confused_o.gif

>Just a question bout this... afaik this game is already in an internal alpha stadium (they're now saying they're actually preparing for beta), and its said that certain users have access to this alpha for testing... Anyone know something about the state of this alpha or this whole thing just a big piece of vapourware?

Dont be put off by the goals Ronan Hayes has planned, in many ways you can quote "Marek Spanel" about making ambishous goals.

Underneath the screenshots there lies a very skilled and committed team from my previous work i did there. Its going to turn into something very unique, as it implements "teaching" as well.

For a game being developed over the Internet and not in a office/studio where most games are created, you have to hand it to them. Not many people could do it, as we all know what happens with ofp mods.

Keep your eyes on this one chaps, its going to be good.

Nick

Quote[/b] ]Keep your eyes on this one chaps, its going to be good.

yeah, this is why, they are now in my bookmark. tounge2.gif

i want to know how dynamic this is going to be. do you think the allies can actually loose? or do you think its historically acurate and your just dragged along with the fighting?

I think it's fairly safe to say that this is vaporware now.

Another 8 years down the road and the developers have yet to release as much as an in-game video to the public. Since I was very sceptical of the vaporware possibility, I never bothered to pay for entry into their closed forum. If someone has something from there, which they can show publicly, I'd love to be proven wrong.

• Their forum is down for maintenance at the moment, with the message "Doing a bit of cleanup for 2015. Here's to a happy new year."
  • The front page hasn't changed one iota since I last checked in on it a year or so back.

So, not exactly a crazy amount of activity :rolleyes:

Honestly, I've been rooting for this game for many years. I've been playing the Flashpoint/Arma series since 2001 and in games of this scope, there's just no competition. I believe the mil-sim community as a whole would benefit from having another alternative, but I no longer think that will be coming from Frantic Games.