Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Operation FacePlant US Infantry v1.00

@Action Man - glad to be of help.

@Gunterlund - interesting. What are your compie specs? I can use them both and I get a fine FPS (~40) even on a nutcase island.

Hi Cam

I have a 1.8ghz amd with 1 gig ram... vid with 128m ram.   Get about 4 fps with both addons. Tried removing them then adding them. Mainly happens with mot inf not naval inf.

Cam has a friggen UBER computer he brags about it all the time.  rofl.gif

Hah well there you go. The rest of us morooons have to slug it out with 4 fps... Nice lookin units though.

Gunterlund - I'm thinking it's conflicting scripts between ORCS MI and my own, but I'm not exactly sure why this would happen. Hmm. I will crack open their PBOs and take a look at what's going on.

@Chipper - you leave my monster machine out of this! tounge2.gif

Lovely units. Look very nice and realistic tounge2.gif

Weve currently got these uploaded to our server however we would wish to be able to use custom faces with these units. Is there by any chance a version without facetex2 faces or the head models and just ofp head models?

If not i suppose we will just have to put up with it.

Anyway great units.

Lovely units. Look very nice and realistic  tounge2.gif

Weve currently got these uploaded to our server however we would wish to be able to use custom faces with these units. Is there by any chance a version without facetex2 faces or the head models and just ofp head models?

If not i suppose we will just have to put up with it.

Anyway great units.

AFAIK the whole point of the FacePlant project was to use the Llauma Head models and textures. I'd see if Cameron would give permission for a small modification for your squad (or maybe we can persuade him to release an "official" BIS Head pack, or at least allow someone to make a public version).

Sam would be right. However, a few people have asked me for permission to re-head these units, and I've given them permission. Sadly, noone has done it yet, and, as selfish as I sound saying this, I really haven't got time to do so, especially seeing as I'm going through another (yes, another) hardware upgrade - got my super-duper-WIFI-of-doom ASUS P5WDH mobo today.

Well shame. But its not a huge problem.

Is there by any chance a quick step by step on how to take away the head.

Another hardware upgrade and a unit upgrade. Do you have any time left for any type of social life man. On the heads I thank you for the permission and i'm gonna have a bang at changing the heads. Thanks again and nice to hear your still working on the ACU units. They'll be flawless by the time your done with them

cameron, you need a new mich, those just look like ass.  here is what the latest version looks like.  i believe either lasers air force para rescue, or TQP has a nice looking mich.  bulkier isnt always better, this is me, minus the IBA.  also, the knee and elbow pads have been changed, they are no longer tan, they are ACU, as the picture(s) show. If you need actual reference pictures, and will actually use them i'll take some, just let me know of what. all of what i'm wearing, even the hatch operator gloves are standard issue, as well as the wiley X sunglasses, we use those instead of the huge goggles.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/olemiss623/Picture042.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/olemiss623/Picture031.jpg

As for changing the heads, I'm fairly convinced it's not hard to do, but, as afore mentioned, I'm really not the man to be doing it.

Quote[/b] ]@Big-Rooney => check my profile, that fine looking gal on my arm proves I've got a social life (she's me girlfriend!, plus I went out with the lads last nite, so yeah, I get a lot of time to relax and play games, since my military duties only involve going to university and getting good marks at the moment, as well as getting paid.

Ok I take my comment back. She's nice. Keep up the good work though.

Oh nice pics olemissrebel

found an link with new Digital camo for the army Woodland Camo that is, plz look scroll down Its lable aboard the uss peleliue any chance of makeing some units in woodland camo like this would be lovely wink_o.gif Need some woodland camo units most are all ACU desert them type, by looking in this pic on this link it show that its not all ACU them. http://www.trijicon.com/photo_gallery.cfm

found an link with new Digital camo for the army Woodland Camo that is, plz look scroll down Its lable aboard the uss peleliue any chance of makeing some units in woodland camo like this would be lovely wink_o.gif Need some woodland camo units most are all ACU desert them type, by looking in this pic on this link it show that its not all ACU them. http://www.trijicon.com/photo_gallery.cfm

Thats MARPAT (woodland shirt, desert helmet), used by the U.S. Marines, not the Army.

Thats MARPAT (woodland shirt, desert helmet), used by the U.S. Marines, not the Army.

dosent the MARPAT camo be used by both sides Army/Marines? Havent found any woodland camo that is vary much diffrent then this camo for the Army/Marines. Saying that this camo is used by both sides huh.gif

"Sides"? I thought they fought together... and no. USMC and US Army use different stuff, mainly. MARPAT was developed by Marines, and is used solely by Marines and Navy Corpsman in the field. The Army has replaced it's M81 Woodland with the ACU, and is due to complete the replacement in 2007. It's supposed to be an all-around camouflage anyways, although there has been some doubts of it. We'll see what happens if US Army faces an enemy that's fighting in heavy woodland terrain... wink_o.gif

Cameron i'm still using these units in my custom config! They are great. if i may qoute you from another topic posted on the 19th july-

Quote[/b] ]I am working on Russian soldiers with Llauma's head v2. Namely:

- Infantry (RHS)

- Crew (ICP)

- Spetznatz (RHS)

- Sobr (RHS)

Any progress on these?

Actually, the marpat was based on something made for the army, although the army rejected it, the marines didn't. ACU works fine in forrested settings

@action man - yeah, I'm still slogging away at the rock face of my mod, though I'm getting less and less inclined to work at it - if only Armed Assault stuff was less easy to get!

I may have to go back on the original mod idea, and release each part piecemeal, since I don't think I'll be able to get around to completing everything I had in mind. It's a sad thought, I know, but the community will be a hell of a lot happier, I suppose.

Unfortunately I recently pirated Colin McRae Rally '05 on a whim, so I've been racing around and smacking into trees a lot more than I've been OFPing. But yeah, I still have those projects, if you know what I mean. wink_o.gif

and Cameron... why to use 2 Big packs of weapons? ( LSR and SJB ) i better liked the SJB only versions sad_o.gif

coz the new LSR 3 pack has a bit config bug with LSR_JAM Ump weapon and i HATe to miss cutscenes of missions coz of your addon...

Quote[/b] ]and Cameron... why to use 2 Big packs of weapons? ( LSR and SJB ) i better liked the SJB only versions

Maybe because he's the one who is making this project and those are of his liking. While you and maybe some others who don't like the use of both weapon packs, there are other people's opinions to be taken into consideration than just your own. If the use of both packs is really a problem for you, download PBO Decryptor and MakePBO from ofp.cz. This is just a suggestion.

He's right, the LSR machine guns look great, but it's a bit ridiculous to have to download nearly 200MB of addons just to get these to work, if you'd like, i'll even make a config, cameron, that uses one or the other.

I'm sure it was the latest version (1.3) of this pack that kept giving me a "missing cbt_Jav_Launcher" message. I finally opened the FP pbo and the CBT_Misc pbo to look around, after that the message went away...kinda weird.

edit:need a spell checker mad_o.gif

I've got a LSR-only config from a friend of mine for these units, I'll probably use it next time.  smile_o.gif

No SJB-Only version? I personally didn't mind the mixture of the weapons (some LSR weapons, some SJB) much more appealinhg. Mainly because there are some things in the SJB Pack that Laser's pack does better (AT weapons, and LMGs for example) and there are some things I find in the SJB pack that are better than in the LSR pack (M4 textures and sniper-rifles). At the end of the day its your call, and I can always add/remove weapons in the editor anyway so its no big deal

I agree totally mate, and I think I'll release two configs. Gotta feed the chickens, once in a while. Plus I prefer having the uber M4s with the uber AT weapons myself. That said, some have a slower connection than you and me, I spose.

Also, if you use the LSR weapons, make use of the AI versions of the machine guns, they are far more realistic, as one fires bursts in real life, not just semi wink_o.gif if your saw fires semi at all, there's something wrong with the weapon