Sign in to follow this  
kikill

ACES

Btw. it would be nice if people wrote down what missiles/rockets/MGs/bombs a.s.o. are missing or should be included into ACES.

Just checked the readme coming with ACES

Following weapons would be nice to add:

Bombs:

Mk-81

M-117

M-118 (if it is still in use)

BLU-82 (Daisy Cutter, if someone's going to create a proper C-130)

GBU-28 (Bunker Buster Bomb)

CBU-97

Mk-20 Rockeye

Missiles:

AGM-84 Harpoon

AGM-130

AIM-9M9

AIM-9X

More to follow... ^^

- AGM-65D and AGM-65K on triple lancher rails - both in pairs of two and three

- AT-9 Ataka in 8 missile clusters

- AT-16 Vikhr in 6 and 8 missile clusters

- Request Sidewinder variants: AIM-9D, AIM-9E, AIM-9J

- Request improved agility on all ATA missiles. Currently they're almost useless against any fighter sized target.

- Zuni 5inch rockets in pods of 4.

- AGM-45 Shrike

And another bunch of weapons:

AS-34 Kormoran (2)

Trigat MR/LR for Tiger chopper

R-40 TD/RD (AA-6)

R-23/24 R/T (AA-7 Apex)

Kh-22/Kh-22N

KSR-5/KSR-5N

Kh-23M (AS-7 Kerry)

Kh-35U

Kh-55SM/Kh-65SE

Kh-59M

Python-3

Python-5

@gnat

I found the reason why the bombs don't react at all.

Here is a quick fix for the Bombs and Laser Guided Bombs:

In the ammo.hpp, go into the class ACES_Mk84 and add

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">simulation=shotMissile;

Yep. This is my mistake originally - thanks VB.

Quote[/b] ]The LGBs behave right now like missiles and every LGB has the same damage values.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class ACES_GBU10: ACES_MK84

class ACES_GBU10I: ACES_BLU109

class ACES_GBU12: ACES_MK82

class ACES_GBU15: ACES_GBU10

class ACES_GBU16: ACES_MK83

class ACES_GBU27: ACES_GBU10I

class ACES_GBU24: ACES_GBU27

class ACES_GBU38: ACES_MK82

class ACES_GBU32: ACES_MK83

class ACES_GBU31: ACES_MK84

class ACES_GBU31BLU109: ACES_BLU109

Yep, this is the (correct) class structure from the first public ACES version - Kikill if you need a copy of that PBO or ammo.cpp, PM me and I can upload.

Request: BLU-107 Durandal

Link

It's already in ACES available (though its effect has yet to be scripted).

(if one is not sure if a weapon is already available, one may browse through the ammo.hpp, or the P3D-directory in ACES.pbo (all models are in MLOD-format))

Nice work guys !!

I haven't played OFP much lately but I am still here and still very interested.

Looking at the list I see somewhat the same letdown as CoC torpedoes.I waited for the torpedoes and none suited my plane because all the torpedoes were modern and none within WW2 era.

I just hope this pack will eventually contain all types.And don't forget about the oldtimers,I like the old bombs you had to detonate by hand ,lol

Also were you planning on including all bullets too? Because somebody needs to set the standards for all the planes weapons so they aren't too strong or weak.Including 50cal Mgun and all etc...

Again ... Great Work!!

Thank you Vektorboson ! Indeed, the bombs now fall, and it's good to see smile_o.gif

I've updated the first, so you can download the correct version of ACES

@Footmunch: PM sent smile_o.gif

@all: remember, it is an open source project, so you can bring your own models. but you have to follow some specific standard we agreed before. i'll update later the first post of this thread with the description of this standard.

@Bratty

I think the scope of ACES is primarily for modern aircraft and units; if you figure vehicles that date back 50-60 years, then there's not as great a need for an ACES style system. In that paticular case, it works better to make custom weapons ACES compatible.

Hey all,

I'm loving ACES! Can't wait to see more aircraft updated to this standard.

As far weapons goes, you guys have pretty much everything covered! The only things I would add in are the following:

Hydra-70 WP (White Phosphorous)

BSU-49 (parachute-retarded Mk82)

BSU-50 (parachute-retarded Mk84)

Mk82 SE (Snake Eyes)

Mk84 SE (Snake Eyes)

The "Snake Eyes" is no longer in use, but was used in the 80's and 90's. It doesn't have as much drag as the parachutes, so it doesn't fall as slow and has a farther glide, but it's also less inaccurate when released from higher altitudes due to wind and/or inertia over time.

A lot of these entries look like they'll take a lot of fancy scripting to do right. If you guys need any extra hands for some of the bigger stuff (BLU-107s, CBU-89s, JSOWs, etc.) I'd be glad to help. Toss me a PM!

P.S. I noticed an entry for a bomb in the readme named "Mk80". I've never heard of this bomb before. Do you mean the Mk81?

Just noticed a bug: The GBU-24 (Paveway II) uses the model of the GBU-16 when mounted on the EF. After dropping the correct model is displayed.

@king homer

in vehicles.hpp, replace this line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> xx_model(GBU24,ACES_GBU16);

with this one:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> xx_model(GBU24,ACES_GBU24);

@agentfox

you're welcome to work on ACES, i don't know very much in scripts, but footmunch, vektorboson or beedee can tell you how to insert scripts for weapons

P.S. I noticed an entry for a bomb in the readme named "Mk80". I've never heard of this bomb before. Do you mean the Mk81?

Mk-80 is the name of that whole family of bombs (-82,-84, etc..)

@gnat

I found the reason why the bombs don't react at all.

Here is a quick fix for the Bombs and Laser Guided Bombs:

The other possibility is to wait until Kikill uploads a new version.

Thanks vektorboson, think I'll wait for the next release ..... certainly a few bugs being killed. Nice work

Quote[/b] ]if one is not sure if a weapon is already available, one may browse through the ammo.hpp, or the P3D-directory in ACES.pbo

hehe .... don't you want more than one person to do this biggrin_o.gif

Very nice system u have developed there. Hope u will convert this system ASAP to ArmA, after its release, to make this a standard for all coming addonmakers.

BTW Daisycutter would be nice.

I've tried the Typhoon: beautiful plane, but weapon-plane separation at launch looks rather crappy (no offense), especially during high angle banks, or while banking and diving at the same time: since the ACES planes p3d models, for what I understood, all have proxies where the weapon will be showed up in game, why don't you SIMPLY setpos the missile or bomb just launched in the right proxy position, instead of recurring to a vector, that in addition works only in the X,Y plane ?

what you have in your current script (aces_fired.sqs)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;=========================================================

;Move the missile under the plane

;=========================================================

#setpos

?((_pos%2)==1) : _vAngle=_vAngle*(-1)

_pos = (_pos-(_pos%2))/2

; Factor = Distance to the center of the model

_f = _vFactors select _pos

; Get the vector from the center of the model

; to the wing tip with length of _f

_vang = (getDir _plane1)+_vAngle

? (_vang>360) : _vang = _vang-360

? (_vang<0) : _vang = _vang+360

_vx = (sin _vang)*_vl*_f

_vy = (cos _vang)*_vl*_f

; Move missile

_x = getpos _plane1 select 0

_y = getpos _plane1 select 1

_z = _plane1 call _fAbsAlt

_mis setPos [_x+_vx,_y+_vy,_z+_vz]

what you SHOULD have instead (at least for normal missiles: for multiple ones YOU find the solution):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;=========================================================

;Move the missile under the plane

;=========================================================

#setpos

_mis setpos [getpos _AP select 0,getpos _AP select 1,_AP call _fAbsAlt]

(shorter, better, faster)

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh.

i get 2 eroor messages "script\aces\src\aces_init_missile.sys" when firing missiles, and "bad vechile type aces_ "

@Franz, you listed Zuni rockets, does that mean they are in ACES? If so, you've got another coustmer once I get my plane past the texturing stage.

@ July 07 2006,21:32)]@Franz, you listed Zuni rockets, does that mean they are in ACES? If so, you've got another coustmer once I get my plane past the texturing stage.

Negative, it was a request for the weapon type. Although I don't believe the Zuni pods get much use today, I still see it as a good weapon to include. Much more bite than 70 mils.

Perhaps I'm becoming a bit tedious: but there's another bug.

Ever tried staying on the wrong side of a Footmunch's Backfire with your Typhoon and having proxies disappearing after having been hit by those pestiferous 23mm ? Well, that's not the worst: this will give you an error when trying to fire that very missile.

Solutions:

- remove the proxies from the Fire Geometry lod of the plane

- try with ejectDeadCargo = false in the plane's config.cpp -> cfgVehicles section (not sure if it would work)

- give these proxies very high armor values so that they can resist any hit that would not destroy the plane

- since this is not a bad feature to have, find a way to update the plane's configuration, reflecting the damage just received

(posting here and not in the EF thread cause similar ACES built planes will act the same)

EDIT>

And those AIM 120s can't hit a barn from 200 meters: give them proximity fuses ! smile_o.gif

@sa8gecko: I already noticed this unperforming code in the fired script, don't ask me why I didn't do it like that two years ago. I suppose I didn't know the getpos of vehicle cargo objects does indeed return their position. I also noticed some other things now that could be done to improve the code's performance a lot, I will see what I can do.

Quote[/b] ]Ever tried staying on the wrong side of a Footmunch's Backfire with your Typhoon and having proxies disappearing after having been hit by those pestiferous 23mm ? Well, that's not the worst: this will give you an error when trying to fire that very missile.

I don't think it's down to the proxies being hit, they should have no geo. Otherwise you would see blood spatter when you shoot at them with a rifle.

Aircraft will eject any live cargo after taking over 50% damage.

You can trap a forced eject with an event handler, then kill the weapon object, and move it back in. But then you have the problem of the AI and player, being able to board the dead weapon proxies position, while the aircraft is damaged and on the ground. The player is easy enough stop, but the AI will always have the option to board. Even if you prevent it from actualy sitting in the weapons position.

Quote[/b] ]I don't think it's down to the proxies being hit, they should have no geo. Otherwise you would see blood spatter when you shoot at them with a rifle.

About the blood spatter, that's actually what happens. Because these proxies actually have a geo lod. That's why I proposed, among else, to eliminate them from the fire geo lod of the plane.

Anyway probably this is a script related question, that is the wrong proxy being eliminated. But this usually happens when the plane gets damaged (not always).

Quote[/b] ]Aircraft will eject any live cargo after taking over 50% damage.

Not the way ACES is done. Hardrock did it the right way, I think: give a look at his scripts.

I hope not to sound too much like a smartass: we're still friend, eh, UNN ? smile_o.gif

Another suggestions for the ACES' team:

put in every lod of the weapons' models the property 'autocenter' and set it to 0 (zero). This will make the fired weapons to leave the aircraft in the right position (the ones with a flame); of course with the other suggestion to setpos them in the proxy position. This will help even in case you're interested to make weapon in multiple rack to leave it from the exact spot But this will require a little math and setting up an array with the displacement every single bomb or missile in the rack has from the O2 axis origin. Of course I already know how to do it. NOW I'm sounding a smartass. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I hope not to sound too much like a smartass: we're still friend, eh, UNN ?

I would much rather, take the opportunity to apologise first, if I made a mistake. Rather than forge, a vendetta smile_o.gif

I should have said, I did not try the ACES proxies in place, just it's base class. As a proxy, in a truck with a default BIS p3d. That suffered from the same problems as regular Game Logics. Didn't we discuss the same thing, in Gnat's B52, rear gunner thread?

I must admit, I assumed there was no need to add geo lod's, to the ACES proxies. My mistake. But no, I didn't see anything to handle ejected units, either?

Edit:

I can only put the blood splatter, down to "simulation=Invisible"?

Quote[/b] ]Didn't we discuss the same thing, in Gnat's B52, rear gunner thread?

I must admit, I assumed there was no need to add geo lod's, to the ACES proxies. My mistake. But no, I didn't see anything to handle ejected units, either?

Give a look at '\ACES\scr\aces_payload.sqs' script and see how Hardrock handled that. This requires the ACES_LOGIC to be inserted in the editor for any ACES plane to work. This is not a thing I like very much (to insert something in the editor to make an addon work), but it's much better than to have the proxies ejecting the plane in the middle of a combat (and perhaps causing a CTD). Putting the ACES_LOGIC thing in the editor can be avoided, I think, grouping the proxies with the player's group

(there's always a player's group ...) : but this will make OFP say '2, follow 1' and so on.

And about Gnat's B52, using the same system as ACES' he can do it right.

The proxies have geo lods because, not to having to duplicate them, most use the same p3d as the conrespondent ammo.