Sign in to follow this  
kikill

ACES

Aircraft Equiment Standard is released to the community as open source, but the work on it still continues.

What is ACES ?

The Aircraft Equipment Standard (ACES) was originally founded to enable aircraft in Operation Flashpointâ„¢ to use the same weapons alltogether to make the game more balanced when using lots of aircraft. ACES enables plane addons, to use a wide variety of rockets, machine guns, bombs and much more. To actually make this possible, a new technology was developed, with which these weapons could be loaded on ACES-compatible aircraft in totally custom configurations. Thus the addon maker has a lot less of work, since he doesn't have to make his own missiles anymore and is not required to balance his own weapons with those of other addons, but then also the mission maker has the possibility to adapt the weapon configuration to his mission. Besides the weapons are scripted realistically, so that their effects comply to their equals in reality.

Furthermore ACES offers a variety of scripts, which are listed below, which the addon maker can integrate easily into his addon without having to worry about the creation nor bugs nor about updating the scripts, since all of that is regulated by ACES. If used and integrated correctly, ACES updates all the depending addons with every update of ACES, without requiring to download all the single addons once again.

ACES defines a new standard. All armor values, speed values and weapon strengths of the planes and helicopters in Operation Flashpointâ„¢ should be balanced with each other. We are greatly appreciating comments by the community and will try to consider them in our progress, since this addon is ment to be for the community. Everybody should be somehow content with ACES to give it a chance to be spread in the community. We also hope to upgrade many addons in the future to use ACES and will show them on this website, to give the mission maker a wide variety of ACES conform addons. We're also planning to do some additional vehicles like aircraft support vehicles and airport objects, if the first version of ACES is appreciated by the community. Furthermore a jet pilot pack of already existing and also new pilots should be released in the future, which should include pilots of many different nations.

What can i do ?

There are many things to do on ACES. Weapons need a fresh look, scripts and functions need to be fixed, improved, or new ones added.

Where can i download it ?

You'll find here the latest version of ACES available with some fixes and a new weapon, the "Taurus" cruise missile, made by Vektorboson.

Check the readme to see the changes smile_o.gif

ACES_july-06-2006_from OFP.Info FTP#1

ACES_july-06-2006_from OFP.Info FTP#2

previous version :

july-05-2006

july-03-2006

Footmunch is also getting his planes ACES compatible, so stay tuned for them smile_o.gif

congratz thumbs-up.gif

thanks Q

EvEnLeaSe44:

you need a plane ACES compatible and for now, only BW's Eurofighter is available. Its readme will explain how to customize the loadout, and how to use the ILS system. Download it from this page.

As i said previously, more planes compatible with ACES will come, thanks to Footmunch.

I've been waiting for this ever since it was first mentioned by Hardrock (I think). It's a fantastic idea. Shame it's taken so long to get off the ground, but I hope it'll become as successful, accepted and USED as JAM is.

Great news biggrin_o.gif

If anyone is interested, I can setup a tutorial on making a unit ACES compatible and making custom weapons to work with ACES - IF that's OK with the ACES development team.

Also, is it possible to get more support for MERs? Right now ACES only supports a few and you can't make new fully functional MERs unless you duplicate some ACES scripts.

If anyone is interested, I can setup a tutorial on making a unit ACES compatible and making custom weapons to work with ACES - IF that's OK with the ACES development team.

Why wouldn't we appreciate any help? smile_o.gif

Because it's the right thing to ask permission first. wink_o.gif

Because it's the right thing to ask permission first.  wink_o.gif

For making tutorials you don't need any permission at all.

(and anyway, as for me, I am a little bit easier on that permission stuff (I think that hardrock thinks not much different))

Btw, what are MERs???

For making tutorials you don't need any permission at all.

(and anyway, as for me, I am a little bit easier on that permission stuff (I think that hardrock thinks not much different))

Btw, what are MERs???

Ok, great. As soon as I'm finished overviewing some finer points of implementing custom weapons for ACES use, I'll set out to make some basic tutorials.

MER = Multiple Ejector Rack. I.e., the ACES_BRIMSTONEx3 launcher, or the Mk82x3 launcher.

There's already a variety of Vietnam era weapons availible; specific variants notwithstanding, you'll find most weapons availible (although possibly not functional).

MER = Multiple Ejector Rack. I.e., the ACES_BRIMSTONEx3 launcher, or the Mk82x3 launcher.

Ah, Ok, thanks.

Btw. it would be nice if people wrote down what missiles/rockets/MGs/bombs a.s.o. are missing or should be included into ACES.

(For example: A GBU-15 is missing...)

err vektorboson, actually there is a gbu-15 in ACES whistle.gif

btw, i'm making an AGM-12B bullpup (the model is done, i'm making the textures), then, i'll make the -C version. i also made an AIM-9B, the early version of the "sidewinder"

they'll be include in the next update of ACES.

EvEnLeaSe44:

you need a plane ACES compatible and for now, only BW's Eurofighter is available. Its readme will explain how to customize the loadout, and how to use the ILS system. Download it from this page.

Nice addon guys .... looking at my options to re-arm the B-52 and Bison, but seems some items load onto the EF, but can't be launched. Pressing the trigger wont release some of the weapons.

Is this normal ?

err vektorboson, actually there is a gbu-15 in ACES  whistle.gif

btw, i'm making an AGM-12B bullpup (the model is done, i'm making the textures), then, i'll make the -C version. i also made an AIM-9B, the early version of the "sidewinder"

they'll be include in the next update of ACES.

Ah! Good to see! I thought there was still my unfinished model floating around...  smile_o.gif

Btw. it would be nice if people wrote down what missiles/rockets/MGs/bombs a.s.o. are missing or should be included into ACES.

Storm Shadow

BL755 Cluster Bomb

Paveway II

Paveway III

Please.

Ah! Good to see! I thought there was still my unfinished model floating around... smile_o.gif

sorry, it's my fault, i thought i posted a news about the new version of ACES available for download. i updated the first post.

Storm Shadow

BL755 Cluster Bomb

Paveway II

Paveway III

Erm, Paveway II (GBU10,12,16) and Paveway III (GBU24,27) are already in ACES.

I'll look into the Storm Shadow (I already made the Taurus, which is quite "similar"). Though both need a concept and some scripts that guide them to the target

there are the US cbu-89, the russian rbk500 and kmgu2 smile_o.gif

(for the moment, only kmgu2 is "almost" functionnal. "almost" because it doesn't act realisticaly, but it is really powerfull)

the container is the same for most of US cluster bombs. so we need some scripts to spray the different submunitions (antitank or antipersonnel mines, incendiary, sensor fuzed...), then we would have a wide panel of cluster bombs

@gnat

I found the reason why the bombs don't react at all.

Here is a quick fix for the Bombs and Laser Guided Bombs:

In the ammo.hpp, go into the class ACES_Mk84 and add

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

simulation=shotMissile;

The LGBs behave right now like missiles and every LGB has the same damage values.

Luckily I have preserved the original config, which modelled the warheads to GBU-version correctly.

Please replace the following classes in the ammo.hpp

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class ACES_GBU10: ACES_MK84

{

model="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu10rel.p3d";

proxyShape="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu10.p3d";

//(RKT) Paveway parameters - laser lock is on, and the bombs 'fly'

irLock=0; laserLock=1;

maneuvrability=35.0; sideAirFriction=0.1;

maxControlRange=100000;

cost=4500;

};

class ACES_GBU10I: ACES_BLU109

{

model="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu10irel.p3d";

proxyShape="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu10i.p3d";

irLock=0; laserLock=1;

maxControlRange=100000;

};

class ACES_GBU12: ACES_MK82

{

model="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu12rel.p3d";

proxyShape="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu12.p3d";

irLock=0; laserLock=1;

maxControlRange=100000;

};

class ACES_GBU15: ACES_GBU10

{

model="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu15.p3d";

proxyShape="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu15.p3d";

};

class ACES_GBU16: ACES_MK83

{

model="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu16rel.p3d";

proxyShape="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu16.p3d";

irLock=0; laserLock=1;

maxControlRange=100000;

};

class ACES_GBU27: ACES_GBU10I

{

//(RKT) Longer range GBU

minRange=300; midRange=3000; maxRange=8000;

model="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu24rel.p3d";

proxyShape="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu24.p3d";

maneuvrability=50;

};

class ACES_GBU24: ACES_GBU27

{

maneuvrability=40;

};

class ACES_GBU38: ACES_MK82

{

model="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu38.p3d";

proxyShape="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu38.p3d";

cost=600;

//(RKT) JDAM parameters - iR lock is on, and the bombs 'fly'

irLock=1; laserLock=0;

maxControlRange=100000;

};

class ACES_GBU32: ACES_MK83

{

model="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu32.p3d";

proxyShape="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu32.p3d";

cost=1200;

irLock=1; laserLock=0;

maxControlRange=100000;

};

class ACES_GBU31: ACES_MK84

{

model="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu31mk84.p3d";

proxyShape="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu31mk84.p3d";

cost=2400;

irLock=1; laserLock=0;

maxControlRange=100000;

};

class ACES_GBU31BLU109: ACES_BLU109

{

model="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu31blu109.p3d";

proxyShape="\aces\p3d\aces_gbu31blu109.p3d";

cost=2800;

irLock=1; laserLock=0;

maxControlRange=100000;

};

The other possibility is to wait until Kikill uploads a new version.

Cheers,

Vektorboson