Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Destructive Buildings

Not ONCE did BIS say they were releasing a Demo, this was a false hope cooked up by a few excitable people around OFP's 5th birthday.

Actually they did, they said that they would first release a MP demo, and then a SP demo. But they never even gave the slightest hint about when its going to be out and therefore it shouldnt be discussed untill we can get it (it=the demo) (BIS themselves probably arent sure yet when they will bring out a demo)  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Not ONCE did BIS say they were releasing a Demo, this was a false hope cooked up by a few excitable people around OFP's 5th birthday.

Go make an addon or something ,you have done nothing but flame and dis for last weeks,(read your own posts.) I am fed up with this If Bas couldnt do it it cant be done attitude of yours.If that was the case then there would have been nothing done since bas went to VBs, i certainly hope you dont represent them all.

end of Rant.

i know i know, but its been constant.

Quote[/b] ]DeadMeatXM2
You're strong reaction have nothing to do in that tread. I explain myself very very peacefully. And I HAVE NEVER said that I was frustrated. The fact is that a big part of the community is. And THIS is A REALITY. No one should said that those people are not mature or are a kind of dumb minority. We have to face a reality.

What I want to know now is why do you said that Placebo said that the surprise was not Arma related ! Please just give me a quote... Sorry but in the last week I didnt see any information like that. Placebo just said that a surprise was coming. Some people think that it was the MP demo. Other think that it was comming for the 23 june... I havnt got any ther information... So please, tell me where Placebo said that.......... confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]DeadMeatXM2

What I want to know now is why do you said that Placebo said that the surprise was not Arma related ! Please just give me a quote... Sorry but in the last week I didnt see any information like that. Placebo just said that a surprise was coming. Some people think that it was the MP demo. Other think that it was comming for the 23 june... I havnt got any ther information... So please, tell me where Placebo said that..........  confused_o.gif

EDIT: Wrong like, 1 sec tounge2.gif

Just dont hope for anything and check the forums at least once a day, then you know everything and you are getting tired enough of everything that you dont even want to ask for a demo tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Sorry but I check that forum more than once a day... And I dont see that kind of information NOWHERE ! icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry but I check that forum more than once a day... And I dont see that kind of information NOWHERE !  icon_rolleyes.gif

Well i cant find en exact quote somewhere, but its true placebo has said it some days ago, you might want to check every post made from 15 juni till today tounge2.gif

Lol...

I've already do that checking all Placebo post each days. But in any way Placebo said that before today ! In ANYWAY.

an huge surprise is about to be revealed... in a couple of weeks and then maybe we can see them.. smile_o.gif

As I have already made clear, the surprise is not ArmA related.

roger. i knew that when i posted it.

i knew that the surprise from the 100 "issue" if not related to Armed Assault directly, you told me that already...

What i was trying to say is that an huge surprise will happen after that one..

people will be staring at the screen and say.. is this Armed Assault or.. (well you get my point)

maybe someting we havent seen yet..

ArmA is in Pandora's box.. wink_o.gif

maybe it´s Elite playable on PC.. wink_o.gif

OMG OMG OMG !

You're totally right. It's possible, and very believable ! notworthy.gif

But the fact is that Placebo speak about surpriseS and not a surprise. So...

Ive no idea what placebo is doing, but he isnt as active as he used to... wink_o.gif

Anyways, the idea that OFPE would come to the PC is ridiculous, ArmA is going to be the OFPE version for the PC. It would be weird to make all the changes so it runs on a xbox and then release it on PC without any changes wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ofpforum Posted on June 27 2006,02:05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (VladAlex @ June 27 2006,01:57)

Ive no idea what placebo is doing, but he isnt as active as he used to...

Anyways, the idea that OFPE would come to the PC is ridiculous, ArmA is going to be the OFPE version for the PC. It would be weird to make all the changes so it runs on a xbox and then release it on PC without any changes

yeah it would probobly lag like hell and be totally unplayable.. whistle.gif

How many times have you asked this now? 4? 5? maybe 6? Each time you get the same awnser and ignore it. Perhaps you will listen this time? Probly not tho, but here it goes.

how many times have BIS change their mind?

BIS keep changing their mind about the game, so the game is always updating for better..

Your logic if faulty, and you obviouslly have no clue what the diffrence between Game2 and ArmA is do you? Game2 is a totally new game, running on a much more advanced engine. ArmA is the same old game, with some rather minor engine improvements and graphic updates.

Destructable buildings are very unlikely in OFP becuase the engine simply can not handle it. The technology for Game2, is for the GAME2 ENGINE. NOT the ArmA engine... Also, Game2 has a much more advanced physics system, makeing the whole DD system possible in the first place. Thus its plain stupidity to assume or even think the Game2 buildings will be in ArmA.

ArmA is not the same old game(engine).

It's based on a new engine but old gameplay (thats for you too "ofpforum").

Sure, DD could be done, and has been done in OFP and VBS... but with all thoes who have had projects working on it, we have never seen a viable product come from any of them. Why? Becuase the OFP engine cannot handle it on a large scale without lagging/crashing. And there are no signs this will be any diffrent in ArmA.

Maybe some review and reading would be nice to be updated..

What we do know will likely be in ArmA are pre-made destruction animations for some objects. Like the Radio tower, and Bridge in OFP:E. And as for your statement "Every info we have from BIS make us believe Armed Assault is Game 2".... BIS has never made any statement like that at all. You just seem to think becuase they have made quite a few cosmedic fixes to the graphics and engine, that ArmA is going to be on the same level as Game2. Wrong. Its OFP with a new coat of paint.... plain and simple.

From what i seen ArmA graphics are better then Game 2 from last year..

but i agree and think ArmA still might have pre-made destruction animations for some objects... maybe better.

.: i don't like to say ArmA will have Destruction Buildings, it might have.. we don't know how good is that new engine that they are using for Armed Assault.. maybe its enough for this effect.. maybe not.

Im sure they will not use the crapy ones like the ones in OFP.

No, it is not based on a new engine it is based of the ofp engine. it will probably not have destructable buildings becuase the ofp engine cannot handle it and i would assue that bis would have mentioned it as a feature even if the were just experimenting with it.

Quote[/b] ]ofpforum Posted on June 27 2006,02:05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (VladAlex @ June 27 2006,01:57)

Ive no idea what placebo is doing, but he isnt as active as he used to...  

Anyways, the idea that OFPE would come to the PC is ridiculous, ArmA is going to be the OFPE version for the PC. It would be weird to make all the changes so it runs on a xbox and then release it on PC without any changes  

yeah it would probobly lag like hell and be totally unplayable.. whistle.gif

No, thanks to the optimizations for XBOX it would probably run better, but just like AUS_Twisted said, it would be pointless  rofl.gif

Well there is a video on the VBS1 page which shows destructable Buildings and its quite awesome. Unfortunatly I think its only a few buildings wich will be destructable.

Destrucatable buildings would bring a whole new angle to Urban Operations. Looking at the moviews, theres some serious real estate to be fought over too.

Imagine being able to blow an entry into a building rather than go in through the door, or collapse buildings across a street to prevent movement of vehicles. It would add a whole different angle on attack and defence and certainly lead to some interesting tactics developing.

If it doesnt make it into AA, it just means we have something more to look forward to in the future. As long as BIS continues its ground breaking trends in gaming and simulation, all other developers are going to be left choking on dust.

Not Arma related huh? tounge2.gif

Maybe a very last patch for Resistance? whistle.gif

Believe me, lots of bugs can be fixed.

There's a topic with a list on ofpec with bugged commands.

That last 1.96 patch was also quite unexpected...

It was? I wouldnt know because I didnt get or even know about OFP until around 2003,Im sure the patch came out long before then,but from what I saw on the patch area of ofp.info,it had beta 1.96 and then the actual 1.96 released after. (damn I am missing my comma key now)

New patch wouldn't make much sense since OFP is soon replaced by ArmA anyway. They really should be focusing on making ArmA as bug-free as possible instead of patching OFP, right?

True,it would be rather silly to release a patch for a 5 year old game unless it changed the way the engine worked to make it more like Armed Assault,but then that would be a screw up because then most wouldn't want to buy Armed Assault,not to mention the file would be fairly large and I'm not sure if thats even possible with a patch.

The question is,if the suprise is not related to Armed Assault,then what could it be that would cause the community to be 'suprised'? To be honest I'm moreso curious as ever,I'm usually a (HOLY CRAP MY COMMA KEY WORKS...and so does my shift key apparently) easy goin lad- person,I take what I get and I don't whine and cry if it wasn't something I was hoping for,whining and cryin don't get ya nothin right folks? Unless your a child with a whiny vocie and your parents just want you to be quiet.

The question is,if the suprise is not related to Armed Assault,then what could it be that would cause the community to be 'suprised'?

Something relating to Game2? A competition to win a visit and tour of the BIS offices? A new BIS website? Announcement that BIS has been bought out by EA? tounge2.gif