xbow2.JPG

xbow3.JPG

Please give me some feedback.

Something original! xmas_o.gif

Will try later on, good work thumbs-up.gif

- Ben

buahaha rofl.gif

good work! really impressive smile_o.gif

Reminds me of the assassin minimission I made for my own pleasure where you had to use the old crossbow (from the old medieval mod which stopped, the crossbow was their only public release AFAIK) and FDF:s axe.

Now, this + teh rabbit addon released a while ago... Mm.

Looks good... I will test it when there´s time...

Now you need to make a deer addon to go with. wink_o.gif

Seriously though, that would be cool to put 50 or so deer on one of the islands that you could stalk and hunt.

MULE HUNTING!

Naah, just stick to CSJ's rabbit. Propably easier to shoot with these than CWMOD's muskets anyway.

I tried it , its cool, but I think that the heal animation should be taken out, and just have a regular reload. and add more bolts. Create like a quiver of bolts in a pack on the guy's back.

feedback for you.

Quote[/b] ]Julian Posted on June 24 2006,23:02I tried it , its cool, but I think that the heal animation should be taken out, and just have a regular reload. and add more bolts. Create like a quiver of bolts in a pack on the guy's back.
Yeah i thought about that too. Maybe ill get a better custom anim for a latter version.
Quote[/b] ]Hornet85 Posted on June 24 2006,23:11how abut a version that have a mag with arrows?

auto reload

Nope Mate i think Semiauto Xbow is not an option wink_o.gif

Cool. Would be nice if the reload wasn't automatic though so you could keep looking through the scope after a shot to see where it lands. And maybe add some variants with different sights.

In my opinion the Reload would look better if the player could control it and if it used the attach mortar anim instead of the medic one.

I just noticed when fooling around with the addon a little that if you use the mortar reload action (reloadAction="ManActReloadMortar"; in config.cpp) you can reload instantly when prone by tapping 'R'. This bug is also in BIS original mortar.

But the animation it self fits a bow kind of weapon better and you could use it with a script like it is now.

ekhm... when I shoot, crossbow make a smoke ;] its strange :P

ok will fix that anims and cloudlets bug in next version, and maybe add a Harpoon weapon

Great

I'd say NO to autoreload, sure.

A while ago, I was pokin' around with the same idea (I crashed my HDD since then), and came up with Mortar Reload as well (actualy, Model + ModelSpecial is from M16 Mortar CPP). And I tried a lot: it may not be perfect, but the rest is rather unrealistic.

Agree that Reload action should be voluntary, not automatic: player must be in control & freedom, that's OFP.

At the time, I enjoyed tweaking initspeed & so on, so that you see the arrow doing a realistic curve in the air. Max Range was 250m.

Among issues faced:

-AI reluctant to use - my special units "Smooth Operators"  where Xbow + silenced Glocks & would always use the Glock.

-No way you can get your arrow back, or at least see it either in the opponent or wherever it landed: Looked eliminatory to me.

Cheers

Peacepunk

Ok, for some constructive comments now:

(some easy to fix, some others not)

Easy to fix

- Member of Team would complain "Ammo Low" at start and "Out of Ammo" each time they fire: Change CPP with 10 mags of 1 ammo instead of one mag of 10 ammo.

-Picture in "Gear" to big & out of shape with usual OFP style, Picture doesn't repesent in-game weapon: Change to correct sized in-game (or in-bulldozer) pic

-AutoReload is really killing, should be fixed with comment "Ammo Low". As of now, no animWeapon visible as it is in m16Mortar.

-Reload Issue, no weapon in hand/Ready to fire after reload: Known bug in OFP, advertise in Readme

-Suppress the cloudlets: Use m16Mortar as base CPP

-Such units should have NVG and pistols: add to CPP

-Build a group of units in CPP

-Visor Support is untextured, just blackish colour: Steal something better from OFP

-Range is too short, AI would engage at 60m and miss around 7 times on 8: Improve "hit" values and Accuracy.

Hard to fix / Not A Clue:

-Weapon lies strangely on the ground, bow is halfway straight up and halfway in the ground: Need to change weapon position in O2 ?

-If you take the Xbow from a downed soldier (from an ammo crate?) Xbow behaves like a m21, no anim, no reload action, only reload time is respected: Use m16Mortar CPP

-Team Members appears red (because of Low Ammo ?)

Link to my original CPP for Xbow, displayed on OFPEC as an howto to weapon throwing unusual objects:

DoFP_Xbow CPP on OFPEC

A last word: I'd be honored to participate in Xbow V2, should you be interested.

Cheers

Peacepunk