Sign in to follow this  
.kju

WarGames League v.5 (WGL 5) Full Release

I'm working on one. I will announce it when its somewhere near completion, and God knows when that will be whistle.gif

hi Xawery  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The running animations have already been mentioned; they look kinda funky indeed.

i guess sanctuary can tell us a bit more about it.

we didnt spend much time on checking the difference for obvious reasons.

Quote[/b] ]Also, when I fire some AT weapons, they turn greyish blue.

can you please try to get a screenshot of that - never heard of that issue yet

as for the mortars - we try to look into it.

its a good idea not to use them too fast in the way doubleclicks or misclicking

---

hey scotchsoldier  smile_o.gif

thanks for the report - we will look into. expect an update shortly.

---

the_shadow did you get your problem solved ?

also which mirrors didnt work for ya ?

---

yo pandalefou  smile_o.gif

expect a comment on this topic tomorrow.

Yo Q, thought you could help me. Testing out making my own Model_base and it didnt work. To make sure it wasnt something wrong with the actual definition file, I copied the DMA_Army_mod one and renamed it the same as my own (I had tried out the DMA Army Mod definition and it worked) and same problem, it reverted back to default WGL5 units. I think I did something wrong with the Model_base.hpp file. Heres the contents of my file, if you see anything wrong, let me know:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// ## explanation DONT EDIT ! ##

/*

DMA_ARMY_MODELS : All infantry units are exchanged by the excellent DMA Army modpack made by Dynamic Mission Alliance. Extra addons REQUIRED !

DMA_NAVAL_MODELS : All infantry units are exchanged by the excellent DMA Naval modpack made by Dynamic Mission Alliance. Extra addons REQUIRED !

BIS_MODELS : All units exchanged by original BIS units where applicable. The config aims for maximum performance and least resource drain.

WGL5_MODELS : WGL5 default models (default setting). These are the best compromise between performance and good looking stuff.

*/

// ## in the following area you can choose which model config you like to use ##

// ## remove the comments '//' ONLY from one entry to activate this one ! ##

//#define DMA_ARMY_MODELS

//#define DMA_NAVAL_MODELS

//#define BIS_MODELS

//#define WGL5_MODELS

#define WGLMOD_models

// ## DONT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS ! ##

#ifdef WGL5_MODELS

#define MODEL_DEFINE_ACTIVE

#include "@wgl5\bin\model_definitions\wgl5_models_base.hpp"

#endif

#ifdef BIS_MODELS

#include "@wgl5\bin\model_definitions\bis_models_base.hpp"

#endif

#ifdef DMA_ARMY_MODELS

#include "@wgl5\bin\model_definitions\dma_army_models_base.hpp"

#endif

#ifdef DMA_NAVAL_MODELS

#include "@wgl5\bin\model_definitions\dma_naval_models_base.hpp"

#endif

#ifdef WGLMOD_MODELS

#include "@wgl5\bin\model_definitions\WGLMOD_models_base.hpp"

#endif

#ifndef MODEL_DEFINE_ACTIVE

#include "@wgl5\bin\model_definitions\wgl5_models_base.hpp"

#endif

Q

yes, i solved it, i redownloaded and removed my "old" not working wgl folder....

Quote[/b] ]I like that vehicles no longer crumple like paper but is it possible to increase the chances of smoking wreckage? I really like to wipe out an entire tank platoon and have charred smoking armour strewn over the battle field, without it the battle seems to give less of a recent conflict feeling.

All armor vehicles should smoke.  Right now the light vehicles are not set to smoke - are you referring to these?  Otherwise, there should be smoke every time - the fire is a little different (if I recall correctly, fire happens about 25% of the time).

While I would also like to see greater 'fireworks' with knocked out vehicles (the burn out is less impressive than that seen in say an FFUR) your sound effects of exploding ammunition is second to none.

ECP included a burning crewman script in their MOD which was pretty impressive. Any chance of including this in a future patch?

I'm working on one. I will announce it when its somewhere near completion, and God knows when that will be  whistle.gif

That would be great - many thanks - in advance. notworthy.gif

Hey, phaeden, Q, and co., just wanted to chime in and say how great WGL is! Especially with the DMA model configs, it's the perfect blend of form and function, without having to mess with too many individual addons.

It's not all a bed of roses, though! I think I may have found a bug, but it's not a big deal. It seems that the NSV machinegun parts (machinegun receiver, tripod, ammo cans) are textureless (they appear stark white).

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or if I've done something wrong in the install, but I just wanted to make you guys aware of it, if not already.

Thanks again for your mod! This is the way Operation Flashpoint was meant to be played.

Come to think of it, I got an error when I assembled a Russian 82mm Mortar, anyone else got similar?

Hey dudes, you have all my support biggrin_o.gif

Every years it's the same thing at the same time (At the end of the schoolar year) I reinstall OFP and the only thing make me reinstall OFP and enjoy it again and again is all the modders that you are

God bless you all biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ch_123 Posted on June 24 2006,02:11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come to think of it, I got an error when I assembled a Russian 82mm Mortar, anyone else got similar?

i cant use the mortar.. sad_o.gif

@ch_123:

maybe this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define WGLMOD_models

but

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#ifdef WGLMOD_MODELS

i think defines are case sensitive. give it a try.

(=> #define WGLMOD_MODELS)

i hope you will share your config with us wink_o.gif

@seminara

Quote[/b] ]ECP included a burning crewman script in their MOD which was pretty impressive. Any chance of including this in a future patch?

well there is a chance. always. wink_o.gif

@AgentFox2:

good stuff smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]NSV machinegun parts (machinegun receiver, tripod, ammo cans) are textureless (they appear stark white).

that seems odd. can you supply us with a screen plz.

@ch_123 and t80:

did you check or FAQ about How_do_I_setup_the_mortars_for_a_mission - give it a try. cheers

if thats not the problem, please give a more detailed explanation - best with screens.

@pandalefou: yay.gif

Just thought i would say -{GOL}- Clan now have a WGL5.0 server, feel free to come and play anytime providing we have the server turned on. biggrin_o.gif

hi Xawery smile_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]The running animations have already been mentioned; they look kinda funky indeed.

i guess sanctuary can tell us a bit more about it.

we didnt spend much time on checking the difference for obvious reasons.

Give a look there, i think those new sprint animations look a bit better, just a bit, but that's all i can do.

(if you try them , download them from the filefront mirror, i doubt the other mirrors have the latest version)

That page seems to solve my mortar woes, thanks Q thumbs-up.gif

cheers Sanctuary thumbs-up.gif

@ch_123:

maybe this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define WGLMOD_models

but

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#ifdef WGLMOD_MODELS

i think defines are case sensitive. give it a try.

(=> #define WGLMOD_MODELS)

i hope you will share your config with us wink_o.gif

Sure enough, it was case sensitive. C++ was always far too pendantic for its own good tounge2.gif

I already intend to share that config when its done.

Quote[/b] ]NSV machinegun parts (machinegun receiver, tripod, ammo cans) are textureless (they appear stark white).

that seems odd. can you supply us with a screen plz.

Sure!

dxdshot1151157522.jpg

dxdshot1151157541.jpg

dxdshot1151157666.jpg

Have I installed something wrong or messed with something I shouldn't have (nothing new biggrin_o.gif)?

anyone else leaving a pool of blood while using the rucksack??  crazy_o.gif  

it seems to happen when trading the rucksack for the packed launcher inside it.

oh, and the individual NSV HMG unit (crewserved in editor) has only 1 magazine while the Dshk has 9+1

When playing the BIS Model Config, I noticed that the WGL m16 and WGL m16/m203 had the same model. The same applied to the AK74. IMHO, this problem is due to the fact that in the models base, the M16GL inherits the M16 class, although theres no change to the model.

@AgentFox2:

thanks mate. we will look into it. that was fine before..

@ch_123:

ups  goodnight.gif