Sign in to follow this  
Freshman

Fixed crosshair?

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that you can toggle fixed aiming, i try to not add anything that uncertain into the faq.

Guest Ti0n3r

It was confirmed... by me rofl.gif

...;) Ok, seriously; Why the hell would they remove it completely?

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that you can toggle fixed aiming, i try to not add anything that uncertain into the faq.

Well, it was said so many times that everyone assumed that it was confirmed, but I never saw anything official (except that Placebo said that he knew that we would hang them if they did certain things(which is enough for me, i trust BIS...)). Oh well, maybe i missed the official statement but the first time i read about it it was assumed wink_o.gif

Well I'm pretty certain that I think that it was confirmed that someone said that the fixed aim would possibly be optional! But I can't be 100% one way or the other though!    rofl.gif

Sorry folks! This discussion just makes me laugh!  goodnight.gif

I don't mean to get off topic, but

Then why did you? "Oh sorry Officer, I didn't mean to murder this woman, but.."

I don't mean to get off topic, but

Then why did you? "Oh sorry Officer, I didn't mean to murder this woman, but.."

...i didn't mean to kill him but he narked me off with childish, imature replies. tounge2.gif

Anyway, the general opinoin is "you can change the targetting system"

hope that answers your question. wink_o.gif

I just want crosshairs that are exactly like Ghost Recon 1 in terms of dot bloom and movement effect etc. You can't make shots from the hip or on the move but accurate aiming is rewarded. Alternatively in CQB you can be moving with full auto and still be able to kill out for a few yards.

Meh, i dont like that bullets go in a completely random direction... confused_o.gif

Agreed. Conical dispersion is completely unrealistic. You'd think that Red Storm/UbiSoft would have went with a more vertically oval dispersion/reticule bloom, by now. What they seem to have done is add barrel-climb/muzzle-flip that works in combination with the old conical dispersion model.

It pisses me off when I've got an M249 SAW in a crouched position and I'm burning through a belt, but the tango looking down my barrel has bullets going to the left and right of him, splashing on the alley walls that are so far off to the side that I wonder if my barrel is melting, already.

Quote[/b] ]Just 'cause some tards can leap about m203ing people in BF2 doesn't mean that everyone should be treating it like CS or Soldner or some other lame arcade game.

While Soldner was arcadish, the fatigue model, destructible buildings, practically-infinite DEM-based map, and deformable terrain were very cool.

There's nothing quite like hiding in a building from a tank, only to have him blast chunks out of your hiding place, leaving you nowhere to run. lol

Exploring the terrain in a Land Rover-type vehicle was breathtaking. It felt very natural. The long viewdistance and the scenes from the tops of mountains/hills was jawdropping.

Teut Wiedmann made a valiant attempt at making a great game. His effort got blasted by the same media hookers who shot down Operation Flashpoint: Elite, the best version of OFP currently on the market. These are the same ladies of the evening that talked up Ghost Recon 1, with its approximately 400m x 400m maps, complete with invisible walls.

Leave that ridiculous fixed crosshair to games like Ghost Recon.

In my opinion crosshairs are shit! (so i dont use it)

Though iron sights must be improved (im sure they already improved) like those original mg's mounted on jeeps and boats, in order to prove to noobs they are useless.

edit: Crosshairs are optional.

WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FIXED CROSSHAIR?!?!

I've gotta say that the 'Floaty McGoaty' was one of the worst things about OFP. My brother wouldn't even play the damn game because of it. Brothers aside, I think that it's a good idea to have the fixed crosshair. Has anyone here ever played CS:S or DOD:S? Did you hate it because in 'reality' there isn't a crosshair stuck in the middle of your view? No, no, much rather there's a floaty one! IT DOESN'T MATTER, PEOPLE. There's this thing going around these days called FUN. Maybe it'll be possible to hit a bee at 500 meters without looking down the sights, but that is FUN! Okay, so if you don't want to be 'Killy McGee', but would rather have a realistic shooter, go ahead and turn the 'Floaty McGoaty' on. See if I care. But when I'm puttin' a cap in yo' ass from 500 meters with an AK-47, and you're having trouble turning around, don't come crying to yo momma about me being a cheater!

And that's my two cents.

If you like CS, then play CS. Flashpoint was (is) a unique game with non-fixed crosshair. If it will have fixed, then there will be no difference. If you don't like - don't play.

Guest Ti0n3r

turn it off. turn it on. turn it off. turn it on. turn if off. turn it on. turn if off. etc etc, you know what I mean goodnight.gif

I'm guessing the fixed crosshair option is there to make it more reallistic for those of us with a TrackIR.

Having a center-deadzone is all fine when looking/aiming with a mouse, but you really dont want that when you use a TIR. When using a TIR you want to set the center deadzone in the TIR software and nowhere else.

WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FIXED CROSSHAIR?!?!

I've gotta say that the 'Floaty McGoaty' was one of the worst things about OFP. My brother wouldn't even play the damn game because of it. Brothers aside, I think that it's a good idea to have the fixed crosshair. Has anyone here ever played CS:S or DOD:S? Did you hate it because in 'reality' there isn't a crosshair stuck in the middle of your view? No, no, much rather there's a floaty one! IT DOESN'T MATTER, PEOPLE. There's this thing going around these days called FUN. Maybe it'll be possible to hit a bee at 500 meters without looking down the sights, but that is FUN! Okay, so if you don't want to be 'Killy McGee', but would rather have a realistic shooter, go ahead and turn the 'Floaty McGoaty' on. See if I care. But when I'm puttin' a cap in yo' ass from 500 meters with an AK-47, and you're having trouble turning around, don't come crying to yo momma about me being a cheater!

And that's my two cents.

If there is any precision difference between fixed and floating crosshair, then it would be quite logical that the crosshair preference will be a server setting and not a client one. If you really need a precision advantage to "puttin' a cap in yo' ass", you've no idea of what "balance" means in multiplayer games. Keep using your crutch if that makes you feel better at FPS :P

I think OFP:E players could tell us if this fixed crosshair is more precise than the floating one. I don't see why, though.

Im sorry to say,but in my opinion this isn't about choice.Its about either using game mechanics improvements or sticking with quake-technology.

Floating Camera-Guns are so 90's...

(If anyone misunderstands the floating part,that is not floating aim,but floating camera i.e not human-movement like,I don't like fixed aim)

1.There's this thing going around these days called FUN. Maybe it'll be possible to hit a bee at 500 meters without looking down the sights, but that is FUN!

2.But when I'm puttin' a cap in yo' ass from 500 meters with an AK-47, and you're having trouble turning around, don't come crying to yo momma about me being a cheater!

1.Some people find the floating crosshair to be fun wink_o.gif

2.Thats why we can force some things to be on/off server side wink_o.gif

I think most people don't know what the crosshair show, it is not about a way of aiming with your mouse it is about :

-The Weight of the weapons.

-The time your character take to align the canon of his weapon with his target.

-Faster to align a light submachinegun than a heavymachinegun on your target.

That is how the OFP weapons handling is, remember, the bullet don't come from the center of your camera point of view (like all the crappy fps around) but from your weapon's canon.

Having a center crosshair in ArmA mean they removed the realistic handling of weapons from Ofp, that is what ofp fans are complaining about, and not about having a center crosshair or a moving crosshair.

I think most people don't know what the crosshair show, it is not about a way of aiming with your mouse it is about :

That is how the OFP weapons handling is, remember, the bullet don't come from the center of your camera point of view (like all the crappy fps around) but from your weapon's canon.

Having a center crosshair in ArmA mean they removed the realistic handling of weapons from Ofp, that is what ofp fans are complaining about, and not about having a center crosshair or a moving crosshair.

you can noticed all that without having crappy crosshair classic_bigsmile.png

But its easy to guess where the bullet will go with a fixed crosshair wink_o.gif

But its easy to guess where the bullet will go with a fixed crosshair wink_o.gif

Well to be honest, as i said i don't like crosshairs though i think those crosshairs we seen in ArmA videos looks nice and better then the ones in OFP.

Well to be honest, as i said i don't like crosshairs though i think those crosshairs we seen in ArmA videos looks nice and better then the ones in OFP.

Well, IIRC the crosshairs are the same as in OFP, except that they parts of them move to the outside when you run. But i havent used crosshairs in OFP for a while so im not completely sure anymore about the OFP corsshairs wink_o.gif

Well, IIRC the crosshairs are the same as in OFP, except that they parts of them move to the outside when you run. But i havent used crosshairs in OFP for a while so im not completely sure anymore about the OFP corsshairs wink_o.gif

i just tested OFP with crosshair, the side bars are static. only the midle point moves..

in ARMA videos side bars moves away to sides.. anyway.. who cares classic_blackteeth.png

I'm guessing the fixed crosshair option is there to make it more reallistic for those of us with a TrackIR.

Having a center-deadzone is all fine when looking/aiming with a mouse, but you really dont want that when you use a TIR. When using a TIR you want to set the center deadzone in the TIR software and nowhere else.

The most logical answer yet! Good point Shadow and you could well have hit the nail on the head. Track ir will almost certainly require a fixed crosshair settup. As a user of Track ir I can see the logic in this! wink_o.gif

PS. Sorry to break your quoting chain lads! tounge2.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

You folks figured that out, already!? wow_o.gif

... wink_o.gif

I thought TrackIr enabled you to move your head or/and lean. And as I said I rather have OFP keep head-movement,body-movement and gun-aiming direction three seperate things.

In any case,BIS probably already changed it,I mean you don't come up with a Breakthrough in game control like that only to throw it in the dustbin because some people who aren't even in the main customer market of the series want to "p3wn ya from 800 m with an Ak-47 Liberia-Style"

Again I see no problem with fixed crosshair as long as accurate fire at distance requires using the sights. I can hold a rifle without looking through the sights and hit steel plates out to 10 yards 100% of the time, but it would never work for long range.

Fixed crosshair just compensates for a lack of instinctual 'my gun is pointed that way' in the game.