Sign in to follow this  
Freshman

Fixed crosshair?

Hi everyone,

According to the new poll on OFP.info i wanted to ask if the crosshair will actually be fixed on the middle of the screen.

I think it's a very bad idea because it gives unskilled players the ability to give some precise shots from the hip. Sounds like a mainstream-kiddie-shooter to me.

In my opinion the best thing would be to let the Crosshair free floating.

My idea is to give every weapon an own radius that can even be influtated by your stance. For example a pistol should have a very great radius but when you take it in aiming position it should be almost fixed to the middle.

Well... Ok please tell me what you think about it.

Greetings

Freshman

Guest Ti0n3r

They said something like 'If we try to make the game unfunky we'd probably get lynched'

Fixed aim is pretty unkfunky wink_o.gif

I just want crosshairs that are exactly like Ghost Recon 1 in terms of dot bloom and movement effect etc. You can't make shots from the hip or on the move but accurate aiming is rewarded. Alternatively in CQB you can be moving with full auto and still be able to kill out for a few yards.

I just want crosshairs that are exactly like Ghost Recon 1 in terms of dot bloom and movement effect etc. You can't make shots from the hip or on the move but accurate aiming is rewarded. Alternatively in CQB you can be moving with full auto and still be able to kill out for a few yards.

Meh, i dont like that bullets go in a completely random direction... confused_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I started to play BF2 again yesterday. And I came to think about the weapon recoil... BF2 is lightyears ahead of OFP when it comes to weapon recoil simulation. IMO... help.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's optional This has been said billions of times

Show me and i'm happy icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

1: Common sense

2: Fixed aim was disabled in one of the old vids

oh no, a crosshair. it's the end of the world. wink_o.gif

If I have a 180 degree FOV in a game along with up+down peripheral vision of my body and where the weapon is, I don't need a crosshair.

See, when I have a gun, I don't need to use the sights out until 15 yards. It's called point shooting, and is a simple technique to master, a three day course can take you there.

In the game, the crosshair compensates for the lack of additional information that would tell me where my weapon is pointing at all times for quick reactive fire.

Besides, it will be optional. No sweat.

I don't care about fixed aim yes/no that much. It'll just help me be that much more accurate and effective if I can point my weapon at a chokepoint but look around using my head, when the enemy pops into view in the target area I'm already aiming at them, but I can also spot others out of my otherwise restricted field of view.

Quote[/b] ]It's optional This has been said billions of times

Show me and i'm happy icon_rolleyes.gif

*slap*believe*slap*everthing*slap*you*slap*hear*slap*from*slap*Bis*slap*

*slap slap slap!* mad_o.gif

Ok it is optional, but then players who will use the CWC aiming will be handicaped, because they will be slower to aim than someone using the direct aim.

So everyone will use the center crosshair for quickaim.

What i don't like is the people carrying their guns straight for a long period of time without getting tired sad_o.gif

I started to play BF2 again yesterday. And I came to think about the weapon recoil... BF2 is lightyears ahead of OFP when it comes to weapon recoil simulation. IMO... help.gif

Shame about the character damage. biggrin_o.gif

And the jumping (especially the jumping while prone - that made me laugh for about 20 minutes when I saw some guy lying on the ground bouncing around).

One of these days, I'm gonna grab my video camera, get into full assault gear, and make a video of how hard it is to jump. I will also show yas how high I can jump from the prone position.... rofl.gif

As long as it's optional thats fine with me..Im for not having crosshair at all...only when using scope, iron sights.

As long as it's optional thats fine with me..Im for not having crosshair at all...only when using scope, iron sights.

I hope that’s an option too! Verity is the spice of life or so they say. wink_o.gif

Read faq.

Quote[/b] ]-Is it possible to turn off the 'fixed aim'?

Yes. You can use the old non fixed aim from OFP if you want to.

And the jumping (especially the jumping while prone - that made me laugh for about 20 minutes when I saw some guy lying on the ground bouncing around).

One of these days, I'm gonna grab my video camera, get into full assault gear, and make a video of how hard it is to jump. I will also show yas how high I can jump from the prone position....  rofl.gif

Honestly, the jumping about bit and the thing with being spawncamped with artillery / bombers / attack heli once you only have one base left was the only thing that ruined BF2 for me.

Everything else was pretty cool. I could have gone for a more realistic damage model (2-5 rounds killing someone) but a few headshots puts someone down fast anyway. The iron sights also kinda bothered me, they were only useful mostly on the g36c.

Just 'cause some tards can leap about m203ing people in BF2 doesn't mean that everyone should be treating it like CS or Soldner or some other lame arcade game.

I don't mean to get off topic, but with the BF2 thing I just download a realism mod and changed some things myself and it made the game 100 times better.

ontopic: I am curious about how the fixed aim is goining to feel in ofp. Oh well if i dont like it I can always turn it off.

If you want an idea as to how it feels,try OFP:E,after playing the PC so long,the way the gun moved just felt rather akward for a while,its somehow different seeing the screen move with every little movement.

I think a fixed crosshair is useful, if your are fighting in cities, where you have to watch fast round the corner. But if you are outside cities, right in the pampa where you need a 'smooth aiming', I would change to the non fixed aim.

Good point there.  Fixed would be good for CQB i agreee.

(Totally off topic;are there any bots/ AI in BF2?  could you play it on your own, off line?)

Guest Ti0n3r

Yes, there are bots in BF2. And they suck bigtime! yay.gif

Ah... Thats what i wanted.

Sorry that i didn't find it myself.

Ah... Thats what i wanted.

Sorry that i didn't find it myself.

Thats the same confirmation as everyone else said, AFAIK it has never been said "officially", but its too logical to not to be and IIRC someone said he had seen it in a menu?..) (and BIS admitted that we would charge their office if they removed such things wink_o.gif )