Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Casurina Beta Release

Hi All,

Finally it is here my first beta of Casurina. There are two versions, a lite and heavy pack. The lite pack has links to all the required addons,check the readme file. It also contains a few custom addons and texture pack. The full pack has all needed addons in it. Remember it is a beta there are a lot of bugs so no need to remind me smile_o.gif

Enjoy

Sav

105wy.jpg

Full Pack 138mb (ofpinfo)

Lite Pack 53mb (ofpinfo)

Again just plain and simply silly addon requirements.

Have you ever thought that just because you get few "OMFG woot woot" with dancing banans posts here on BIS forums, you ought not to add such amount of addons into a island?

Ask yourself, are the island really not the same without all the pesky addons?

I mean sure you can use addons, but have some common sense, please.

Ugh, I better add a whole page for this unreasonable addon usage on islands to the upcoming WrpTool v1.0 documentation, perhaps it would sink in better there, or not. At least it would be something.

I admit I'm prone to being wary of numorous addon downloads myself. The screenshots were enough to get me to download this! Nice Island!  yay.gif  pistols.gif

---IceFLYER

"Warning. The Savage Nation Contains Adult Language, Adult Content, Psycholigical Nudity. Listener Discretion Is Advised" xmas_o.gif

Have you ever thought that just because you get few "OMFG woot woot" with dancing banans posts here on BIS forums, you ought not to add such amount of addons into a island?

Ugh, I better add a whole page for this unreasonable addon usage on islands to the upcoming WrpTool v1.0 documentation, perhaps it would sink in better there, or not. At least it would be something.

Well,Well,Well

Second post and someone is already having a go at the requred addons. Yes there are quite a few addons needed. But i think you have missed the point of what im trying to achive. I wanted to make an city style island, something I feel that has been missing since opflash came out.

I made this island to see what opflash is capabable of. I have seen many small islands out there that require only resistance addons and a few mapfact addons ect...I wanted to try something different.

Saying words like:

"Have you ever thought that just because you get few "OMFG woot woot" with dancing banans posts here on BIS forums, you ought not to add such amount of addons into a island?"

It is obivious that some people like the idea and it is those people that appreciate something different, and thats the people in the community I made this for.

I can take construcive critism, but download it first,try it,THEN make your comments. Otherwise if you or anyone feels there are to many addon requirements then dont download it.

You being in the same team that made wrptool I thought you would have more sense & understanding to post comments like that. Take a good look at yourself man confused_o.gif

holy crap huh.gif , this island is awsome. I would have downloaded it even if it was 500mb.

I'm daunted, but when I get some time and bandwidth, I'm gonna give this one a go. I've been waiting for yonks!

I wondered how long it would be until a post about this came up, its been 3 days since the release on ofp.info wink_o.gif

Its a great island, I didn't even care about the required addons. Despite having most of them aleady, I downloaded the heavy pack anyway so I could easily have a new mod folder. If you don't want to download the addons, then don't download the island. And it wouldn't be nearly as good without them. Simple as that.

I noticed a few bugs, but didn't take note of what they were or where they were. Seeing as its beta I'm sure they'll probably be fixed anyway. thumbs-up.gif

Looks a bit like Melbourne!

Cool. thumbs-up.gif

yea, screenshot reminds me of the view from collingwood or richmond all the high density flats etc. can't wait to try it!

I'd say the island is a great attempt at making a large scale city in OFP. I say "attempt" because of the Beta release phrase, but ffs, if you don't like the addon requirements, 1) Don't download it, and 2) play on the regular BIS islands.

I really don't want this construed as flaming, but instead of complaining, how about some helpful suggestions to the creator?

And, could you do any better?

Addons are there to use them. I'am glad somebody does. And when you don't want to download them, don't download them. Simple, isn't it?

I like the island, because its very nice made.

to be honest i'm glad that alot of addons are used, makes it easier for lazy bums like me to download all the commonly used building addons for our freshly reinstalled OFPs in one go. Anyway, this island looks great, gonna go d/l it now.

Gonna try this one, the screens look nice.

(And thanks for the heavy pack, i hate downloading all those addons if they arent in 1 pack smile_o.gif )

Addons are there to use them. I'am glad somebody does. And when you don't want to download them, don't download them. Simple, isn't it?

I like the island, because its very nice made.

Couldn't agree more, to be honest.

Numerous are the objects, scenery and building packs out there, which are rarely released with an island, so this is why people spend months working on said objects, buildings, scenery packs, so that someone with the time and drive to create a whole, realistic looking island can make their island look even better. Personally I find it a shame that 'details' such as building foundations, pavements, realistic looking roads and cities are overlooked, to be replaced by ofp-esque random buildings in the middle of the country, like we find on so many islands released so far.

Good job, we have proper cities now thumbs-up.gif

Unbelievable! Some of the ideas you've come up with and implemented are astounding! Awesome work. I downloaded the heavy pack and I'm glad I did, you've used a few cool objects I've never seen before that will come in handy. smile_o.gif

Very nice island Savage. Lots of detail and really looks like a city in the urban areas, and the detail continues into some of the Rural areas. I like stuff such as a Chinese area of the city, or say i walk into a building thinking it is a Church, and turns out it is a mosh pit!

Requiring lots of addons or not, its well worth the download in my opinion.

There are of course lots of bugs, but thats to be expected with a BETA.

This is an excelent island, one of the best cities Ive ever seen in OFP. I would like to see more suburbs (like in Gaia) or whatnot. I found one bug when driving around. Its the bridge near Map co-ordinate Bb14 (I think)

screenshot0fr.jpg

Wow, this island is awesome. I hope you're able to finalize it! Does anyone, by any chance, know if there is a military armory and air base on this map? I got a crappy computer so that means I have my visibility range on the lowest setting... crazy_o.gif

Wow, this island is awesome. I hope you're able to finalize it! Does anyone, by any chance, know if there is a military armory and air base on this map? I got a crappy computer so that means I have my visibility range on the lowest setting... crazy_o.gif

There is a airbase around coordinates AG16 also there is a part of the fence in AG17 where u can cut and enter the airbase great for sabotage missions. There is a clump of grass near it. just north of the hill have fun.

Sav

Found a small bug that occurs mid-day in the summer tounge2.gif

hwyhe7re.th.jpg

ofujdjy5ty.th.jpg

Ala New Orleans.

You should be glad Greg, CTCorp put alot of effort into getting that effect, and you got it for free!

Lol, I'll have to test that.

Been testing it quite alot, seems nice. Needs some more stuff and some improvements and fixes, but nice.

Noticed a wierd thing in the downtown... the are 3 different drug stores in one block. There's a Pharmacy on one side of the street and Apoteka and Drug store on the other side. Competition! tounge2.gif Also, when going 'round the corner, there's another Apoteka. And 2 laundry places, lol. biggrin_o.gif

inlove.gif

Found a small bug that occurs mid-day in the summer  tounge2.gif

hwyhe7re.th.jpg

ofujdjy5ty.th.jpg

Bugger I didnt look for that.. I never change the season from the default setting.. Should I leave it maybe??  confused_o.gif   biggrin_o.gif

Sav