Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Casurina Beta Release

Yes, please leave it in as an nice surprise to the combatants. biggrin_o.gif

banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Holy flippin crap...I get the same bla bla about required addons for my island as well....An Najaf.

Ya take the time to try and make a nice peice of art and some guys gotta whine about addons....

Hell most of us probably have half the addons he's complaining about.

banghead.gif

As far as lag......everyone wants to be able to run the graphics enhancement programs, reflective water, etc....then it's always my FPS suffers...well turn down the flippin settings abit.

For us long time OFP fans addons like Mapfact has put out were DL along time ago......lag can be adjusted by limiting view distance etc...things that editor junkies already know.

So please, when someone take the time to include community addons in a project please be a little appreciative.

This island is the product of alot of work and should NOT be dismissed because someone cant sit patiently and DL of few files. Get a HS connection if its that bad!

Just from the screens I can tell that the author really thought about realism.....So if it's OK for every flippin new weapon model or such to be highly detailed why not islands?

And just forget about the arguments.....I build and TEST my island on my old P3 450mhz piece of shit so dont whine to me about FPS....cause it's never been bad enough to make me quit. If I wanted better performance I wouldnt go around asking the community to create shit based on my system specs....i'd get a new flippin computer!

wink_o.gifwink_o.gif

Looks great man keep up the good work.....After all islands will be compat. with ARMA will they not? wink_o.gif

huh.gifhuh.gif

Sorry SGT. if I use your post for promos...

If ya guys like detail please check out my island as well....

Sgt. if ya want a few ideas and such ...i've got afew areas on my map that ya may like....a cloverleaf overpass(2x lanes each way), orchards, and probably afew other areas ya could copy and paste.... confused_o.gif

Dont know....just like the detail ya tried for and would like to help as I totally agree with trying to achieve realism.

Guys dont forget..when ARMA releases the detail level of the maps is gonna go up quite abit I imagine....so i'm guessing that people will only want OFP maps if they are of similar detail and complexity......... wink_o.gif

huh.gif  huh.gif

Sorry SGT. if I use your post for promos...

If ya guys like detail please check out my island as well....

Sgt. if ya want a few ideas and such ...i've got afew areas on my map that ya may like....a cloverleaf overpass(2x lanes each way), orchards, and probably afew other areas ya could copy and paste.... confused_o.gif

Dont know....just like the detail ya tried for and would like to help as I totally agree with trying to achieve realism.

Guys dont forget..when ARMA releases the detail level of the maps is gonna go up quite abit I imagine....so i'm guessing that people will only want OFP maps if they are of similar detail and complexity.........  wink_o.gif

Thanks Goon,

You are right when ARMA is released I too think that the bar will be raised for us island makers and of course addon makers to make more detailed and realistic environments. Im hoping Casurina will be a simple conversion to arma. I cant see why not ,but knowing my luck confused_o.gif . I have been reading the comments in this post it is clear that people have got the Western city bug!! I appeal to addon makers out there if they would like to be a part of this project please PM me(Arthur??? wink_o.gif  ). Hopefully after the release of this island the community has a clearer understanding of what I was trying to accomplish... I will release a small update soon that fixes that bridge not lining up and few small things that have been bugging me or the island for that matter..  biggrin_o.gif

Sav

huh.gifhuh.gif

If ya find a fix for the bridges let me know.

I too have this problem when I change the terrain detail.... huh.gifhuh.gif

huh.gif  huh.gif

If ya find a fix for the bridges let me know.

I too have this problem when I change the terrain detail.... huh.gif  huh.gif

The bridge bug has plagued Opflash from the start, back to the days of trinity island. Im not sure if that can be recitfied. Someone correct me if I am wrong..

Sav

whistle.gifwhistle.gif

One other question....

Could I use the powerline models you use?

The hnging wires would look sweet on the streets of Najaf... wink_o.gif

whistle.gif  whistle.gif

One other question....

Could I use the powerline models you use?

The hnging wires would look sweet on the streets of Najaf... wink_o.gif

I have no problems with that mate, but Octivaian

(Silent'n'Deadly) made them so make sure he gets a mention..

Sav

I'm sorta asking an off the topic question here... in the screenshot by user ch_123 on the second page where can I download that car? (the white one by the bridge) oh, and hey Savage, awesome stuff, really.

the links not working

I spent a week searching for alternative links for your Casurina Island and I didn't found

I love the island very much ... it amazing !!!

please help me to download it by sending me a worked links

thank you very much

the links not working

I spent a week searching for alternative links for your Casurina Island and I didn't found

I love the island very much ... it amazing !!!

please help me to download it by sending me a worked links

thank you very much

Hi diyapoint,

I can see that you are a new member of the forums, please next time don't open up old threads older than four months as it is a forum rule:

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, Private Message the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

- I will now close this thread