Sign in to follow this  
GAZ NZ

Game Specs roughly stated

The Games lower end specs were mentioned in this interview

http://www.ggmania.com/full.php3?show=5792

"We continue to optimise as much as possible even as we near the end of the developmental cycle, so at this point we're still not quite sure how much we will be able to achieve in the different areas of optimisation and thus what the required system specs will be, however it's fair to say that something in the region of 2GHz intel/AMD CPU, 512MB RAM, DX9 64mb graphics card is somewhere around the probable minimum spec. "

I also note comments made in another interview I tracked down that indicated the game lagged with certain setups.

It sounds like a 3GHz + will be the speed to aim for - mention was made of Havok Physics not Ageia as well.

See this interview

http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/news.php?readmore=45

"Not to come across as overly euphoric – Armed Assault leaves graphical beauties such as Oblivion far behind. The graphics display hills detailed generously with bushes and undergrowth showing an incredible amount of detail. Armed Assault also triumphs in other areas such as drawdistance. 10km is the target of the programmers for a computer in the 3Ghz class. With regards object density, the small homely villages of before have grown into small towns. In many missions, there are as many as 200 Infantry, Armour and helicopters - almost 2 million items. Animals, plants and people populate the level design. In the editor there are almost no boundaries. With the highest computing power there are nearly 500 participants. We have always envisioned ever more unreachable scenarios with advances in hardware requirements – Project director Viktor Bocan.

The Star is the team

The impressive extent of the battlefields forced the programmers to make further compromises particularly with the game physics. ‘We experimented with Havok physics. But when 50 tanks at the same time trample through the vegetation and are are simultaneously under fire, even the most high end computers cannot cope.’ Armed Assault applied a reworked version of the earlier system. Although all in all not comprehensively effective, it was completed and authentic. Thus we can assure ourselves – one of our two APCs that was coming in assistance ran right over a mine. Kaboom! The detonation blew the vehicle straight off the road where it came to a rest as a charred wreck. Time for us to try one of the new features – soldier switching. Unlike its predecessor, there are no heroes in Armed Assault. Instead you take control of nameless soldiers whom you must guide safely through the dangers."

As a last point ive noticed ATI surpassing Nvidia in regards to shading - textures in dense bush - forest terrain as per tests done on Call of Duty 2 with the latest high end cards.

Many could debate this. But im not here to debate just to make sure you all buy a new GPU wisely for AA.

Depending on technology used in AA an ATI card with its shading etc may be a better choice than Nvidia's latest cards.

Id be comparing the two when looking to play AA, with all the visible trees etc.

I was surprised at how well ATI is doing at the moment in regards to there shading, AA and AF modes and this comes into play with dense terrain features.

That draw distance... I know they said it was going to be far, but seeing it for real... Wow.

That shot with the soldier on the mountain overlooking the city is one of my favorites so far. The distance that you can see is stunning. Thanks BIS.

cross your fingers that bis will find a publisher on EÅ‚...

btw: is EÅ‚ next week?!

Guest Ti0n3r

OMG WTF!? Those pics... Damn this looks so much better than I ever expected it to do... Damn... wow_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I guees that's Q4 2006 as in "We're not signed yet so it's hard to tell".

Quote[/b] ]2GHz intel/AMD CPU, 512MB RAM, DX9 64mb graphics card

Oh dear, I fear I have to finally buy a new computer to run this game. My old 1.7 AMD is starting to feel the pressure of newer games wink_o.gif. But then again, I could run COD 2 (yes I know, I know) on 1280x960 with full details, time will tell.

Suma said the following:

Primary configuration of most of the development hardware we currently use is:

- Wide range of graphics card with Vertex/Pixel Shaders 2.0

- CPU 2 - 4 GHz

- 512 MB - 2 GB RAM

Note: this does not mean at all the required or recommended system specs will be like this. They can differ a lot in both directions.

I've got a feeling this could end up 1Q 2007 at this rate. As placebo has said before, if they find a Publisher who wants to market it throughly there may be a delay, it's all up to how the publisher wants to go about the process.

however it's fair to say that something in the region of 2GHz intel

I hope that doesn't refer to a Conroe crazy_o.gif  wink_o.gif

If BIS sign a publishing deal for ArmA during or most likely soon after E3 then I'd estimate ArmA would be released around August - September which would give the publisher a few good solid months to advertise ArmA before releasing it.

Bis, make the required CPU lower! please! I dont care if you have to remove multiple gunners, join in progress, and reduce the viewdistance to 1500 meters!!

Nice interview though, can't wait for this wink_o.gif .

Time to say good bye to the good ol' Celeron 2.4. biggrin_o.gif

The way game sales generally work, they need to find a publisher, finish production, and get it to the reproducers by about November so they can meet the Christmas period. So they have 6 months to go (or 5 months of development, or 3-4 months of coding and 1-2 months of testing). That's quite realistic. If they miss the Christmas deadline, most game developers avoid it completely, use the Christmas period to continue development/have a holiday, and then release Feb/March or so the next year. If they get it finished well before Christmas, most game developers sit on their product and release at Christmas purely for sales reasons.

The fact that their PR has ramped up in the last few weeks, and that they are now showing new character models/animations, suggests to me that it really is far ahead in development, so I'd say it's looking good for Christmas 2006. We might even get a demo well in advance.

Bis, make the required CPU lower! please! I dont care if you have to remove multiple gunners, join in progress, and reduce the viewdistance to 1500 meters!!

So you want flashpoint with dx9 graphics?

Why ? Go to play Tetris... biggrin_o.gif

Why ? Go to play Tetris... biggrin_o.gif

you mean, go play flashpoint! tounge2.gif

Paul: Yes, if all goes to plan we will initially release a multiplayer demo and then a little closer to the game being published we intend to release a singleplayer demo.

2 demos. Singleplayer close to publishing date. MP some time before. What about the mp demo in mid-summer? xmas_o.gif

yup i seen them

they going under there collective name of idea games, you gotta look in the exhibitor site ,that one you linked isjust for news an stuff.

exhibitors at e3 look down for idea games

I have seen them on the site you posted, but I didnt know that the EÅ‚insider site is just for new stuff. thx for the info.