Sign in to follow this  
sirex

legs ?

anyone know if VBS, OFP:E or anything have legs ? i.e if armed assault may have it ?

do you have any idea how long in video games i've wanted to look down and see legs/feet ? its crazy.

OFP, VBS1, and OFP:E you where able to see your legs and body by looking down.

So yes, id presume armed assault will have legs tounge2.gif

since the game doesn't have thesame function as most first person shooters where the playermodel doesn't exist, (ofp simply puts a camera at the face) it will.

Wow, so a new feature confirmed? The `legs` will be included? Nice, first dx9, then multigunners stuff, now the legs. Cool. notworthy.gif

edit: There`s another thing that will be included for sure along with legs...lags xmas_o.gif

edit2:

@ofpforum: Do you really think It`s a news for me? wink_o.gif

Wow, so a new feature confirmed? The `legs` will be included? Nice, first dx9, then multigunners stuff, now the legs. Cool. notworthy.gif

edit: There`s another thing that will be included for sure along with legs...lags xmas_o.gif

Is that a suprise for you? It was in OFP so i expected it in ArmA aswell? tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]have legs ? i.e if armed assault may have it ?

can anyone explain better? im confused..

If you look down you can see your own legs wink_o.gif

i cant see my legs, but if i duck i see a knee ;-)

can you guys see full legs / feet then ? -- WHO STOLE MY FEET? !

If you look down you can see your own legs wink_o.gif

stupid question, stupid answer, stupid thread.

no sense, or explain more.

OFP, VBS1, and ArmA (all practically using the same engine) have a different approach to first person. Rather than just a floating camera with a HUD and weapon model, the unit model is rendered in first person (though it uses its own LOD) and, as general put it, the camera is simply fixed to the unit's head (of course the head is not rendered, just the rest). This, and other properties of "men" in OFP (I use quotes because OFP handles them a lot like vehicles, which makes sense since the human body is simply an organic machine) make for a more realistic experience in first person. With this comes the freedom to look around independently of your weapon (after all, in real life your head isn't permanently trained on your gun), and it more accuratly simulates the perspective of the soldier you're controlling. Simply put, it behaves in a way that most other games can only achieve in 3rd person, with an added first person experience.

Quote[/b] ]i cant see my legs, but if i duck i see a knee ;-)

Use action 'weapon on back', use action 'sit down', look down at your legs and stop making stupid threads.

what i mean is... why do you have to be sitting down to see your own legs ? that's what stupid.

on this forum people have raised questions over the projectile accuracy, lighting realism, weather, animations for entering and exiting units, and hand postitions on guns amounst other things.... and having no legs when standing up causes concerns ?

besides, it'd be good to see your own legs when their wounded, its hard to get immersed in a game without these little details.

the ability to twist your head was a great feature of OFP as you can look about without causing a noticable disturbance in your bush / camo / whatever. would be nice if armed assault took it further.

e.g: in OFP when prone and you turn your head, it hits a limit. - in real life you just twist your upper half too so the limit is further round. you can twist to see fully behind you without moving the gun. this would be useful in game to check behind you (prehaps for formation positions) quickly without the "spinning round on your belly like a bottle" effect.

@ Kyle. thanks.

what i mean is... why do you have to be sitting down to see your own legs ? that's what stupid.

on this forum people have raised questions over the projectile accuracy, lighting realism, weather, animations for entering and exiting units, and hand postitions on guns amounst other things.... and having no legs when standing up causes concerns ?

besides, it'd be good to see your own legs when their wounded, its hard to get immersed in a game without these little details.

the ability to twist your head was a great feature of OFP as you can look about without causing a noticable disturbance in your bush / camo / whatever. would be nice if armed assault took it further.

e.g: in OFP when prone and you turn your head, it hits a limit. - in real life you just twist your upper half too so the limit is further round. you can twist to see fully behind you without moving the gun. this would be useful in game to check behind you (prehaps for formation positions) quickly without the "spinning round on your belly like a bottle" effect.

@ Kyle. thanks.

IIRC its a config.cpp line wich changes this, but i have to look it up...  wink_o.gif

EDIT: No, at least nog far enough smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and having no legs when standing up causes concerns ?

You have them but the head doesn't tilt down enough to see them. Use third person view if seeing legs is so important to you. And if you're hit on legs, you'll know it from not being able to walk.

@ Kyle. thanks.

IIRC its a config.cpp line wich changes this, but i have to look it up... wink_o.gif

EDIT: No, at least nog far enough smile_o.gif

How i know what he ment by this thread. Theres some sence

change config sight view. like they say, you will have more angle and then you will be able to look to your legs and feet.

feet.jpg

Weapon on back & walking with head down in mouse look mode at least the front of one foot appears on each step!  tounge2.gif

Nice explanation Kyle. I cannot play other FPSs now because of the way OFP handles its first person camera. I just can't "Believe" any other game. Hopefully, as graphics become more advanced, all games will have to go this route, in order to be believable.

Can anyone explain to me why, other weapon than eye candy, other games only render dsiembodied arms?

--Ben

Can anyone explain to me why, other weapon than eye candy, other games only render dsiembodied arms?

--Ben

It's probably just out of habit, since that's the ways it's always been, with a few exceptions such as OFP. Hopefuly, though, it will catch on.

@ Kyle. thanks.

the reason its so hard to see your legs while standing is simple and you can do it your self at home.

get a carboard box that can fit over your head and has a space forward of your face of about 4-5 inches.. now cut out a ractangle thats 5x4 from the front.

ok.. now you have that same FOV(field of view) as you would in ofp since your monitor doesnt have the FOV of you human eye.

look down at your feet.. kinda hard to spot them aint it?

The only other games I can think of are Tribes1 and 2.

--Ben

GRAW, F.E.A.R., Condemned are the recent ones that come to mind.

Full body awareness is needed for the full effect of realistic combat maneuvering. huh.gif

If you won't see legs when you look down it probably means T-72 blew them off wink_o.gif

asking to see everything like you do in real life is like asking for peripheral vision, which as far as i can think of, is impossible for a game to emulate or atleast very hard.