Sign in to follow this  
Reddy

Kill yourself!

What about it? In ofp we should fire down some times under your feet. If that bug got fixed, what should we do in AA? That would be great to have some bind as "suicide" and smash head out with bullet

sometimes it happens you need to die in ofp to respawn and go on

Guest Ti0n3r

Omg, OFP goes depressed and suicidal teenager crazy_o.gif

goes what?

This is a realy good question. Sometime you need a function as mapper, to test a endscreen or something like that....

Normaly you have a shourt-cut in other games.

like a console you can get with the § key and type kill in the quake 2 engine games usually tounge2.gif

i think a handgrenade can do it usually or water or running off a big height wink_o.gif but sometimes cti missions can get bugged or something and you don't respawn but you seem to lie dead and that can get annoying. tounge2.gif

i killed myself often enough with just shooting into the ground.

its realistic that at least one bullet out of 30 bounce back and hits urself.

i hope it will be working in ArmA too, have loved to kill myself, and with nades is the danger to kill not only urself!

Frantic, every bullet fired into the ground doing you damage. Its not bouncing, it's a bug. Bullet as a shell has explosion radius. It's small but that's not right i guess. It would be more realistic if you can shoot yourself by your own weapon

It's not a bouncing, but it simulates ricochet. I think it's realistic that if you shoot a brick wall with a shotgun from a meter's distance, you get hurt.

But yeah, a suicide feature would be kickass, if nothing else then multiplayer, when playing as, say, VietCong or WWII Japanese.

So I'm all for pulling out yer pistol and shooting your brains off the wall.

Frantic, every bullet fired into the ground doing you damage. Its not bouncing, it's a bug. Bullet as a shell has explosion radius. It's small but that's not right i guess. It would be more realistic if you can shoot yourself by your own weapon

For now, I think it's still a nice workaround for suppression fire as pre-AA OFP.

I always kinda liked how the little "richochet" damage you inflict on an enemy adversly affects aiming. It's not complete, and it doesn't apply to whizzing by bullets, but it was a start for OFP1.

I agree with you.

For a realistic game I think that’s important.

I used to bind the kill command in many games because sometimes you get stuck and the only thing you can do is to kill yourself. And many other reasons.

If they included such option they should also include an option to disable it in MP. In many Q2 Q3 based games they used to kill themselves when they are out of ammo or when they want to avoid players they hate or just for no reason.

In some servers you get a ban for such attitude.

Topick obout ricochets in arma

i think that killing your selfe with ricochet is the best idea.

Anywais this is what makes the game real, if you have no gun, no granades, and your injured, you have to crawl to the base 10km ore more, it sucks ! but reality sometimes sucks ! ( maby alittle mozahist but realy  cool)

ofp 4 ever !

sorry for my english

Quote[/b] ]but reality sometimes sucks !

Yeah, like when you kill your self you don't respawn WTF!!!11 who the hell programmed this crap anyway.

i dont think that every bullet i shoot into the ground is hurting myself.

i never injured only my legs by shooting into the ground. I always died but never got injured.

i thought that every bullet is flying somewhere till its stuck at another place.

but a function to shoot urself with the gun into ur head would be really nice. Would look great if ur going to shoot someone and he just turns his weapon around and shoots into his own head...lol

Quote[/b] ]but a function to shoot urself with the gun into ur head would be really nice. Would look great if ur going to shoot someone and he just turns his weapon around and shoots into his own head...lol

Yeah sure, lol crazy_o.gif

Erm.. This seems like a totaly pointless feature to incorporate into the main game, but it could be modded into the game, with an animation, and assuming you can fire from custom-animations, you should be able to shoot yourself in the head/foot, or where-ever..

Not sure, but I think this can be done in OFP..

- Ben

Erm.. This seems like a totaly pointless feature to incorporate into the main game, but it could be modded into the game, with an animation, and assuming you can fire from custom-animations, you should be able to shoot yourself in the head/foot, or where-ever..

Not sure, but I think this can be done in OFP..

- Ben

No, it can't, because you technically can't shoot yourself. The bullet will go right through you, same goes for all vehicles in OFP. It makes sense really, if your vehicle has fire geometry, then spawning ammunition inside of it (AKA firing a weapon) would act like a hit. If you don't believe me, watch what happens when you add a 30mm machinegun to a cessna, the rounds clearly spawn inside of the plane yet are uneffected by the fire geometry.

i dont think that every bullet i shoot into the ground is hurting myself.

Yes, they do.

Quote[/b] ]i never injured only my legs by shooting into the ground.

No, you haven't.

Quote[/b] ]I always died but never got injured.

You die of your injuries from all of your rounds.

Quote[/b] ]i thought that every bullet is flying somewhere till its stuck at another place.

No, they don't.

Now that we got that sorted out, let's continue with the other discussion. smile_o.gif

Sorry, I just find this the most bizarre thread I've read in a long time, considering that we're talking about a FPS were it is the ultimate objective to stay alive. Ok, leaving aside the practical reasons for it all which I acknowledge, I can just imagine BIS trying to market this...

Quote[/b] ]New ArmA features:

Now easier than ever before to commit suicide!

noncense, noone is going to implement features like that (suicide) in the game. No one needs it (i play ofp since the first demo, and never wanted to kill me self). Its all obout the reality in the game. By adding and option like that (suecide) developers would have to put an +18 sing to the game, and by doing that they would lose a lots of costumers.