Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Anderson

Vietnam Bunkers Addon

Here are some pics of a NVA/VC bunker im workin on to include in a new addon im working on called Vietnam Bunkers.  Other bunker/tunnels being developed include propaganda, ammo/food caches, forward command post, a communications bunker among others.  

*PICTURES NO LONGER HOSTED*

More to come soon!

Anderson

Wow nice work, you've really captured the atmosphere of the tunnels very well. I don't suppose there will be any support for AI pathway LODs will there? (Would be pretty complicated I suspect) But if there were... man that would make you some kind of Vietnam addon maker god.

Hope it all comes together. We've certainly come a long way from the old PhilCommando caves addon smile_o.gif

Wow, looking really nice. It's a shame about OFP's geometry issues (clipping,etc) otherwise I can just imagine some pretty intense MP maps involving these tunnels thumbs-up.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Great initiative! This looks very interesting, reminds me of the tunnels in Vietcong (game) icon14.gif

Looks great, but are you going to release them as a standalone too? Vietnam: The Experience is way too large for meh.

Wow nice work, you've really captured the atmosphere of the tunnels very well. I don't suppose there will be any support for AI pathway LODs will there? (Would be pretty complicated I suspect) But if there were... man that would make you some kind of Vietnam addon maker god.

Hope it all comes together. We've certainly come a long way from the old PhilCommando caves addon smile_o.gif

AI Paths will definitley be included... how well AI will navigate through the caves remains to be seen though... Just imagine the possibilities for Armed Assault though;)

heres a couple pics of the bunker intended for use by a NVA intellegence (propaganda) officer which only needs fire geometry and a path LOD and will be complete.

Hi! Your work looks really very cool. What's about entrances through ladders? Will there also be traps in the bunkers or will mission editer have to script traps themself?

Some very good looking work  smile_o.gif

Are the textures from the PC game Vietcong? They look very familiar.

I've been waiting for something to come along that would involve an underground tunnel system and now it's here, it looks stunning so far and I'm very eager to give it a blast when it's released.

Hi! Your work looks really very cool. What's about entrances through ladders? Will there also be traps in the bunkers or will mission editer have to script traps themself?

Some bunker/tunnel objects will have the classic "concealed door" entrance with a ladder leading down into them...

I could make tunnel entrances in buildings, but I would need Vietnam buildings to use... The tunnels will eventualy have punji pits, and little dugout areas in the walls to conceal mines in. I think i'll let the mission editor decide where and even if there are any traps in the tunnel, if the tunnel has preset traps it may get a little repetitive.

Some very good looking work smile_o.gif Are the textures from the PC game Vietcong? They look very familiar.

Thanks for the compliments. The textures are not from the game Vietcong, Ive just been making em as I need em, and I should say that they will undergo further revisions before final version. I think its safe to say that this pack is heavily inspired by Vietcong, one of my alltime favourites.

Id like to say that if anyone has any more ideas for types of bunkers/tunnels theyd like to see let me know. Im sure theres lots of good ideas out there!

firefoxlover.gif

Here are some screens of 2 foliage types that will be included with the bunker pack, for a vietnam style map called Tuc Song

Nice! Has a very good "leafy" feel to it. smile_o.gif

heres some more screens (please note i'm using SEB's bushes as "placeholders" until i finish my stuff

Sgt Anderson... what about lag with this flora? What kind of computer system do you have?

WoW! notworthy.gif

make a script responsible for moving of leaves after touching and will be brilliant!

oo that would look very cool if the leaves rustled. Unfortunatley I ain't no scripter;)

Now that's Indian Country right there. Looks very good mate. smile_o.gif Glad to see some more 'Nam islands coming along in the pipe, eagerly waiting for it. smile_o.gif

Heres a couple pics of Tuc Song.  The map is progressing nicely.  Just trying to work out exact numbers (as to how many objects per cell is allowed by maximum).  As of now, TucSong is being built with the intention of use being for small scale/close up and personal kinds of missions where the jungle mists cloud visibilty past 100-150 meters.  Firefights get pretty crazy, but AI has a hard time navigating from point A to B due to foliage density and AI view blocking needs to be implemented on the foliage...  More to come soon

Anderson

Sgt Anderson... what about lag with this flora? What kind of computer system do you have?

Thx for answer confused_o.gif