Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Anderson

Vietnam Bunkers Addon

I like the skybox wraparound. It may get frustrating after a while, but seems to work really well in the vid. I'm really looking forward to playing on this one.

Is there a way to change the color of the fog just for one map? Anyone? It might be interesting to try and see if a greenish fog would blend the horizon into that skybox.

Oh, I didn't know it was from an already released skypack as I never bother with them. I'll try it out. Thanks.

Oh, I didn't know it was from an already released skypack as I never bother with them. I'll try it out. Thanks.

sry I should have mentioned it was another addon.  Thanks for the comps guys!

All the stuff youve done is great Ebud!

Here's a quick pic of some new varieties of plants that I am working on putting on TucSong...please note that the object patch pictured is purely for demo purposes...(note face count in pic;))

plantsaq5.th.jpg

some very amazing work guys.

now if this also doesn't effect FPS to much then it might just become one of them "must have's"... keep it up, you're doing a great job on this.

notworthy.gif

some very amazing work guys.

now if this also doesn't effect FPS to much then it might just become one of them "must have's"... keep it up, you're doing a great job on this.

notworthy.gif

thanks alot dude.  Multiple LODS are being implemented onto veg objects as I speak.  FPS just keep improving as I add more and more LODS to the objects.

Just to clear the air (everyone is referring to me as you guys) - its just me.  Tuc Song is by Anderson.  I think a call for a dancing bananna is in high order... so take it away Larry and his beautiful dancers - the Banannettes  

yay.gif        yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Blimey! inlove.gif Nice work mate, whats the FPS like now?

FPS Are currently around 15-30 (depending on the amount of units on screen)  I would like to try and make the FPS more consistent across the map by continuing to tweak and balance performance by optimizing face/point counts vs object counts vs lods.

Here are some (looking towards to what may be possible) pics for LOD dsitances. wink_o.gif Bear with me

farlod1vx0.th.jpg

farlod2oz5.th.jpg

farlod3qv0.th.jpg

farlod4jy7.th.jpg

farlod5no4.th.jpg

I like this upcoming island. Really nice work. Keep it up. smile_o.gif

I like this upcoming island. Really nice work. Keep it up. smile_o.gif

Thanks man!

Heres a little sample video of the AI viewblocking implemented on vegetation in TucSong (with ongoing help/support from Polish GI and CJ525)

view block example

Yeah that look very good. But did u tried ambushes with your squad? Will your teammembers see and attack enemys when you are hiden in the bushes?

Yeah that look very good. But did u tried ambushes with your squad? Will your teammembers see and attack enemys when you are hiden in the bushes?

the ai view blocking for one plant patch is made of more than one block to enable gaps in the view blocking of that particular object enabling friendly AI to have a better chance at detecting and engaging the enemy when lying in the bushes..

I have a Chain of Command mission I am planning on releasing with the island.  As it stand right now, AI firefights are quite entertaining to watch.  Firefights up to this point that I have observed have ranged in distances from up close at 25-50m to longer range sniper engagements at around 150-175m with friendly AI being capable of aquiring targets across the Thouc Bien river using the m21 rifle.

Wow, that's gonna make for some hairy firefights... good job smile_o.gif

sim

Nice..nice! smile_o.gif

Hope the release of your island isn't far

Nice..nice!  smile_o.gif

Hope the release of your island isn't far

nah, making final adjustments.

Yeah....thats good news!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Great stuff man, i think u have outdone yourself on this island

(dunno if u remember me or not Anderson, but i can remember u)