Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Anderson

Vietnam Bunkers Addon

Mate, did you change the island gridsize or are those trenches a model/models? wow_o.gif

Mate, did you change the island gridsize or are those trenches a model/models? wow_o.gif

those are simple little models....got to make a few extra today before the demo.

GAH! I want it!

Hawkins, if this is MP friendly enough will it make it to the server?

Looking good mate. This island will make for some very interesting MP missions smile_o.gif

Looking good mate. This island will make for some very interesting MP missions  smile_o.gif

looking forward to flushing some vc outta the bushes with you guys!

24839775sg2.th.jpg

With the friday release, I gather you ment the friday that is coming this week? biggrin_o.gif Looking very good, very good indeed. Wish I had the modelling/texturing skills you do mate. This "old game" looks like a real 'Nam simulation now. Eagerly waiting for the Rung Sat map you're making. smile_o.gif

90513981sn9.th.jpg

46412439lh1.th.jpg

56982633ac2.th.jpg

96506085ma6.th.jpg

69306661tl7.th.jpg

I think this is it for map editing.... Gonna finish adding several villages, make some objects avaliable in editor and then it should be ready for download.

rofl.gif

dear sgt anderson, your job is always so perfect...

just tell me what kind of graphic card,I will need in order to have the same resolution as your demo...

so incredible water-effect...

and just tell us when your mod will be released on our screens... too many months we are dreaming about it...

work hard or "bon courage" as we said in France  

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

dear sgt anderson, your job is always so perfect...

just tell me what kind of graphic card,I will need in order to have the same resolution as your demo...

so incredible water-effect...

and just tell us when your mod will be released on our screens... too many months we are dreaming about it...

work hard or "bon courage" as we said in France  

rofl.gif

Well, you're much too kind with words... Thankyou, I am currently using an ATI X1650 pci express video card to play ofp. I usually make sure i have high-quality anisotropic filtering enabled and 16x AF selected.

The reflective water you see in game pics is from Kegety's good DXDLL utility which enables further options/features to OFPS capabilites. Kegetys can sharpen your Mipmap LODS up a little bit as well but at the cost of performance...

The map is complete, I am now just having a couple people doing the final testing for me to make sure its ok.

Merci

Anderson

Glad to here that mate. Can't wait inlove.gif

*crawls over to Sgt Anderson's foxhole*

smile_o.gif

psst Yo Anderson. How's it going? You still alive man. You're not catching any z's on us are you? m8....  huh.gif

what's you stats...? Call in a squadron of F4's on your pos?  biggrin_o.gif

Hey Sgt. Anderson, what's the latest? You haven't started play'in something else have you? goodnight.gif

SPK

Hey Sgt. Anderson, what's the latest? You haven't started play'in something else have you? goodnight.gif

SPK

sorry for not getting back to anyone on the subject of Dak Nhe. Right as I was wrappin up work on the island a little back my old computer conked out on me... I stopped work, then got a new comp, and by that time priorities had changed. Dak Nhe will most likely live on in the game Faces of War, which I have modding for as of lately. There may be some stuff coming out for Armed Assault but I really dont know at this point in time.

Sorry to hear about your PC. I'll send you an email.

SPK

Is this project is still alive, any chances of relase ?

Don't think it's gonna be released. Last thing i heard was that Sgt. Anderson has switched the entire project over to the game FOW (Faces Of War IRC). It had more potential then OFP on the physics side of the game.

Oh yeah after seeing lots of good screens, videos this switch to FOW sounds like pile of manure to me. At least half cooked stuff would be great for those jungle oriented ofp players.

Well i quess as it's his stuff he and he alone can decide on what he wants to do with teh stuff he made. And wether all teh people in the entire OFP and ArmA wolrd would want him to release the stuff in these games, then it's still his decission if he chooses to do so or not. wink_o.gif

Simple thing really. All we can do is beg biggrin_o.gif

Although I would word it somewhat differently, I kind of agree with Sud. It is a shame such great work will not appear on the OFP scene.

I know Sim said he though he had some of Andersons files (Anderson lost quite abit as I understand). Maybe some begging might enable Anderson or others (maybe he would let some trusted souls to use his creations) to unleash his work into OFP.

Lets hope so... it looks fantastic! (I bet Hawkins would love to get hold of some of those foliage models!

Lets hope so... it looks fantastic! (I bet Hawkins would love to get hold of some of those foliage models!

wow_o.gif

notworthy.gif

biggrin_o.gif If I'm asked to fix stuff up and then release it, I wouldn't mind. smile_o.gif