Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Anderson

Vietnam Bunkers Addon

Sgt Anderson... what about lag with this flora? What kind of computer system do you have?

Thx for answer  confused_o.gif

sry fer not responding Swat whistle.gif

In response to your question:

As it stands, I get about 35-40 fps on Tuc Song with visibility set to 500 and fog set to 100 to 150 meters.

Computer Specs:

ATI X700 256mb

1.9 Asus AV8X

1.25gb ram

SB Audigy 2zs

I have found that the resolution of the textures on the objects does not effect the FPS greatly, it seems to boil down to how many point/faces each object has v.s the amount of that particular object being rendered on screen at once.

Keep in mind that the high fog/low visibility may not make long range marksmanship/piloting all that enjoyable for missions on this map, but the close range firefights are a blast pistols.gif

A video should be coming soon.

Was gonna ask for more lit up photos myself too. smile_o.gif Looking very good so far. I don't mind the low VD, it makes the jungle more claustrophobic, and what's the use of a 1000m VD when you can't see 10m ahead of you? wink_o.gifpistols.gif

Here are some ligter and brighter pics of part of Tuc Song that is still being worked on.  Have to add more varieties of plants still, and havent decided whether or not to use mainly Resistance trees for the map or not...

*PICTURES NO LONGER HOSTED*

TucSong beta 98.99% ready for beta testing, interested in helping out with gameplay issues and misc stuff?

Anderson

Here are some new pics of TucSong, a few styles of hooch are all thats left to model for the beta.  There is a river that runs through the region of Tuc Song which divides the area into several parts.  For now, there are land bridges connecting the various parts of the region.  Other ground textures will be made in the near future and smaller rivers&rope bridges will be added as well.

Anderson

Looks too good to be true. biggrin_o.gif

That's some impressive work.

edit: oh and how does the AI handle the map?

Looks too good to be true. biggrin_o.gif

That's some impressive work.

edit: oh and how does the AI handle the map?

Thankyou for your compliments.  AI handles the map ok, I have noticed that when AI is in an area with high object count they do the waypoint delay bug (stand there and take 6-12 seconds to decide the best route to the next wpt).  

I have a Command mission that I have been building for the map which will be released with the public beta.  Usually in CoC missions Ive played before when you tell one of your helicopters to pickup some infantry that is nearby, the helicopter will look for the closest invisible H or large clearing (free of obstacles) to pick the soldiers up, but for some reason the chopper pilots have been doing an excellent job of setting their bird's down in very small openings in forested areas without any assitance or guidance from me.  I mean, usually in CoC missions if I have say 3 or 4 hueys transporting infantry to an LZ, I have to keep my eyes on each huey and make sure theyre not landing in a tree or tangled in a tree bouncing around;).  Maybe its just fluke that theyve been landing well on my map, or maybe it has something to do with the construction of my objects.. I dont know..

I am thinning the object count a little cause I dont want to go overboard before finding out how it runs for everyone else in the closed beta.

Here are 3 pics of a bridge on TucSong.  Im just getting the hang of bridges in OFP, dont know whether all I need is a paths LOD or what for AI to use the bridge.  Paths LOD is on there right now but nothing for AI...

Once more I'd like to add a friendly reminder that Tuc Song will be intended for close fights, and will require 500m for view distance and a maximum of 150-200 meter fog setting for missions to maintain performance.  As far as air ops are concerned, the map is allright for doing Huey missions (keeping level with the canopy when flying), but I think fixed wing missions are pretty much a no-go with the low visibilty requirements.  I'd like to see a Vietnam map optimized for high view distances, air-to-air and air-to-ground missions, similar to Strike Fighters (but a little nicer).

havent made any posts in the past few days regarding TucSong cause Ive been busy doing final adjustments for the beta.  Here are a few screens now however of some of the textures after trying to match colours and stuff.

In addition, Tuc Song will be lightly forested.  IN my opinion the engine just cant handle both dense/highquality forest AND dense/highquality grasslands while maintaining acceptable performance accross the spectrum of machines running OFP out there.... banghead.gif

Thanks dude!  The only thing that I have used from the original Resistance is a canopy texture from one of the resistance trees (mainly cause I was lazy that night whistle.gif)

In the tradition of Recon Ops, and the Conspiracy series I'll probably release a TucSong DxDll cfg as well.

looks really impressively... but I am having a feeling that it is a thanks of the edition of this screen

ps. my English is bad, sorry smile_o.gif

looks really impressively... but I am having a feeling that it is a thanks of the edition of this screen

ps. my English is bad, sorry smile_o.gif

Um, Im pretty sure I understand what your saying.  I think the quality would be maintained on most systems if the player has their texture resolutions set to 1024x1024 in OFP preferences and mip map settings set to high quality in their graphics card settings program (ATI Catalyst Control Center for eg.) and sure cranking desktop/3d resolution settings in your graphics card program or display properties can help as well.

Here are a few new screens:

Is thats images edited in graphic program like photoshop? Or maybe dxdll? smile_o.gif

However - island looks very nice! smile_o.gif

Is thats images edited in graphic program like photoshop? Or maybe dxdll? smile_o.gif

However - island looks very nice! smile_o.gif

What you see is what I see in game. I have not altered the .jpgs in anyway. The blooming effect in the pictures is simply from DxDll. I have game resolution @ 1600x1200 so edges are nice and smooth as well.

@ June 03 2006,12:38)]Damn this island looks so sweet. Great work!

Thanks a lot man.  Glad people are taking an interest in the project!

Anderson

Ok smile_o.gif

Really great work notworthy.gif

But my computer is too old for something like that :/

A way I got Tunnels to work effectivly once was to place them out at see, and when I wanted the player to enter them in the mission, I would Blackout and then Teleport the player to inside of the tunnel then Black In. I found that was a more realistic way than placing big Ugly rock objects with tunnels inside htem around.

I hope you can run it Loony

snipers

maybe... I have got a Celeron 1.2 GHz, 256 MB, GForce 2 MX/400 :/ sick...

I used to have a GForce2 mx... I can understand why you wouldnt think you'd be able to run much...  I remeber BAS Tonal island was a nightmare for me to run.  

Here are some pics of the island.  Work is quickly coming to a close on the island and will be ready for the public beta release very shortly.

Maybe smile_o.gif

Anyway, great work! I cant wait :P

Maybe smile_o.gif

Anyway, great work! I cant wait :P

thanks again smile_o.gif

here are some new screenshots of TucSong.  Last things im workin on for the island include a few village objects and some firebase objects.