Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL OFP to ArmA

Guest RKSL-Rock

We're pleased to present 3 Early screenshots of the RKSL RAF EuroFighter Typhoon.

This model represents the Tranche 1 and the planned Tanche 3/5+ 'Navalised' Varients.  The models will be a as accurate at information allows with all the usual features including:

<ul>* Fully instrumented HUD

* Map display.

* Animated Afterburners.

* Key mapped Afterburner and Airbrake.

* Custom Scripted Weapons (not ACES compatible)

* Custom Chaff and Flare scripts

* RKSL FCSS RWR Support (audio and visual)

PR-EFV6-1_TH.jpg PR-EFV6-2_TH.jpg PR-EFV6-3_TH.jpg

Atleast 1 release is expected prior to ArmA.  This model is intended to be the base model for the next series of RKSL addons in Armed Assault.

Hi RockofSL,

I really like the way the model looks! Great work!

I'm wondering if, once your scripting is complete, you will assist those addonmakers who wish so to make their addons compatible with yours. (ie: If I were to make a plane, would I be able to make them work with your SAM systems, etc.)

Keep up the great work!

Abs

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hi RockofSL,

I really like the way the model looks! Great work!

I'm wondering if, once your scripting is complete, you will assist those addonmakers who wish so to make their addons compatible with yours. (ie: If I were to make a plane, would I be able to make them work with your SAM systems, etc.)

Keep up the great work!

Abs

What I am planning on doing is releasing a simple addon - Boeing Bird of Prey - that will include all the cockpit systems, HUD scripts etc that will allow anyone to transplant and adapt it into their addons.

As for "on-going support" we are going to make a series of tutorials available to help others integrate the scripts into their own addons too.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Will you make a German version?

You already know the answer to that!

I havent planned to make one as Hardrock's version is german

and from what i understand BWMod are planning thier own version for ArmA so i dont see the point.

Nice model Rockape, looks like another great addon. smile_o.gif

I prefered the pre edit version :P

So did I. biggrin_o.gif

Nice model, I like the fuel tanks on the top(forget the name)

Guest RKSL-Rock

So did I. biggrin_o.gif

Nice model, I like the fuel tanks on the top(forget the name)

Blister Tanks

The Tranche 3 Aircraft will apparently have the capability to fit them.  And with the planned improvements to the EJ200 engines it should increase the range by as much as 40%

The Tranche 5+ are purely a sales man's wet dream at the moment.  A fully navalised Eurofighter with 3D thrust vectoring and all the latest toys and weapons fitted.  I doubt you'll ever see one in the real world but it wont hurt to fly one in OFP/ArmA.

Guest RKSL-Rock

2nd update of the night...

Rapier-FSC-PR-110_th.jpg

CLICK ME for a larger image

Rapier-FSC-PR-111_th.jpg

Rapier-FSC-PR-112_th.jpg

Compared to the last released shots of the Rapier FSC you might notice that the models are now significantly improved sporting new textures too.  The Rapier FSC will be the first Fire Control (FCSS) enabled addon released by RKSL. All the Shots above are purely WIP and are not the final models.

Thanks for your continued support and encouragement!

UNN & Rockape

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Overview of the RKSL Fire Control System (FCSS)</span>

The Fire Control Script System (FCSS) is meant to simulate real world fire control and targeting for SAM and Air-defence networks.  

Rapier-FControl-PR-001_th.jpg

CLICK FOR A LARGER IMAGE

Features:  

<ul>No more Missile Spamming

Engages multiple targets simultaneously

Realistic 3 Tier System – Search Radar > Fire Control > Launcher

Link several FCR/Launcher groups to one Search Radar

Realistic RWR for modified addons

Optional Manual Control – Launchers in a group can be slaved to a manual control.

The System detects and assigns the multiple targets to the nearest available SAM group with a Fire Control Radar. Which then assigns each target to a specific SAM launcher, which engages that target until dead or out of range. While the 2nd target is engaged by another launcher.  This means multiple targets from any angle can be engaged simultaneously by multiple launchers deployed as they would be in the real world.

The big advantage of FCSS enabled addons is that they will no longer spam the first target they sees until dead.  Creating a challenging and realistic environment for your missions.

FCSS can also link multiple FCR controlled Groups over an extended area.  Meaning that it is now possible to create integrated airdefence zones and provide strategic targets for campaigns and missions ; I.e. Destroy the main Search Radars and you will degrade the performance of SAMs.  Simulating a realistic “First Day of War†situation/objective.

The scripts also provide a new level of Radar Warnings (RWR), differentiating between Radar Types (Search/FC), Missile types (SAM/AI) and AAA.  These need to be added into the actual aircraft cockpits and configs but it’s an easy conversion.

Since the FCSS system is heavily dependant on the AI detecting and passing targets we've also made it possible to override the AI and take control of the SAM (where realistic & applicable) using an Optical/Manual Control unit.

We’re currently conducting MP testing for Dedicated (Linux) Servers with large groups support using the Rapier FSC system so while we aren’t ready for release we are getting much closer.

The Future of  FCSS

The first release of the FC system will be essentially a BETA. The idea is to thoroughly prove out the code and the concept.

These Scripts should be considered pseudo code for the final system. The design started out as an experiment it is really still in the prototype phase. A lot of trial and error has gone into it so far. So the scripts reflect that, they are far from optimised

So far the system is West only. At the moment it's geared up to work for only one side. West detectors and East aircraft.

Core arrays for Aircraft and Launchers will be changed for Arma. So anyone wanting to adopt the system for their own projects will have to bear this in mind. That’s not to say they should not try and use them, as it will give them a head start when the new version arrives. But people should be aware of the fact, it will change.

While it may be the last release for OFP we plan to take FCSS into ArmA, and hopefully the new engine will allow us to improve the system even further.

We’re also discussing other applications and developments of FCSS.  Ideas ranging from AEW/AWACS, UAV/UCAV spotting etc.  This is the first step in our attempt to create and integrated battlefield management system for ArmA (and possibly Game 2?)

Woah great looking stuff as weve expected from you. Looks trully brilliant. the sam systems will be brilliant . just one question... what happened to the harrier?

Guest RKSL-Rock
.  just one question... what happened to the harrier?

Its still in work. Im currently remaking the model to be easier to map and upgrade at a later date.

I'll post some more news in a few days.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Cheers thanks for the quick reply.... Top stuff

You're welcome

Shes looking great rockape, did you ever use those pig wheels btw for your textures?

No they weren't any good in the end.  I had to make my own.

very nice - can i beta test please  biggrin_o.gif

Sorry but no, we dont want a spam whore/forum troll on the team :P

Love the flight abilitys in OFP. Other games like

Falcon, Lock On and so on are to MUCH. Its easy

to fly and fight at the same time in OFP. And with

these new planes and sams. Man this is going to

be gooooooood...!!!

Just hope u´ll be able to convert´em for ArmA

My notworthy.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Just hope u´ll be able to convert´em for ArmA

We are going to convert most of the active projects to ArmA. If you want a more comprehensive list you can have a look on the RKSL website.

Hi Rockape,

Love the work you and UNN are doing at RKSL.

I recently had a good look at the screen shots of the Harriers in ArmA. The nozzels seem to look like they could possibly move (pure speculation on my part). I was just wondering if you had in anyway contacted BIS or been contacted by BIS regarding the harrier. Specifically about the VTOL/STOL problem that you are currently trying to address or have already addressed. I'm sure it would save you and UNN alot more work if BIS have already hardcoded the VTOL/STOL capability into ArmA. Just being inquisitive really, not sure if vetran Addon/MOD guru's such yourself and the cadre you belong to get access to priveleged info in return for your tounges i.e. your silence wink_o.gif

Good luck with your projects and I hope that when ArmA comes out it'll make it alot easier to implement your ambitious and groundbreaking features, without going through scripting hell!!  thumbs-up.gif