Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Guest Ti0n3r

Doesn't look like molly cam to me huh.gif

Actually, deleting backpacks/useless and unrealistic gear would mean a poly-reducing of maybe 90-100 per soldier.

If theres a major battle with 200 soldiers... You do the math smile_o.gif

Thats why we have LODs mate wink_o.gif

Doesn't look like molly cam to me huh.gif

To me neither. Material is different, there's a small collar in AA vest and Molle has more places for attached gear.

It might be locally producted vest, something that BIS invented to make the enemy soldiers look a bit more professional wink_o.gif. The whole Sahrani is fictional so I don't a reason why there can't be some small fictional gear.

As far as I know, these days you can buy Russian gear with MOLLE attachment system on it.

Northen forces aren't Russian either,they may have some US stuff,remember they havent been at war and they didnt come to fighting until AA is released.

The northern forces are using 100% ex-soviet equipment, but we'll make an exception just for this right?

BIS made a mistake on this one.

Did they? Or are they excercising their 'fictional conflict' muscles? confused_o.gif

Say, will the Iranian BTR's and BMP's not support their M60's or Chieftans? Will their Rapiers not be deployed in a network (or in another network along) with their Gainfuls? Will they equip their troops with only Stingers and not their Grails?

What I mean to say is, if there are some real world mismatched militaries, why not in a game? smile_o.gif

Northen forces aren't Russian either,they may have some US stuff,remember they havent been at war and they didnt come to fighting until AA is released.

The northern forces are using 100% ex-soviet equipment, but we'll make an exception just for this right?

BIS made a mistake on this one.

Did they? Or are they excercising their 'fictional conflict' muscles? confused_o.gif

Say, will the Iranian BTR's and BMP's not support their M60's or Chieftans? Will their Rapiers not be deployed in a network (or in another network along) with their Gainfuls? Will they equip their troops with only Stingers and not their Grails?

What I mean to say is, if there are some real world mismatched militaries, why not in a game? smile_o.gif

You don't seem to get my point. EVERYTHING else they have is russian; how come nothing more than their gear is western?

Why bother, as soon as possible we will edit the guys give them some 6b5 or another soviet vest and our ssh-68 steel pot helmet and you should be happy wink_o.gif

Why bother, as soon as possible we will edit the guys give them some 6b5 or another soviet vest and our ssh-68 steel pot helmet and you should be happy wink_o.gif

Well I understand that the community will fix the problem, (which is one reason why I have so much respect for it) but is it really too much to ask for default Arma to have accurate equipment? Isn't in BIS's interest to do so?

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

... and several people have tried to point out to you, the Northern army is entirely fictional so exactly how can the equipment be inaccurate?

Yes, the majority of their equipment appears Soviet/Russian in origin but why does that mean they can't be using some non-Soviet gear? They will use what is easily sourced and cheap - for vehicles and weaponary that is usually ex-Soviet, clothing and other small items might be surplus from other places. I've seen an African army using ex-Soviet weapons with old German surplus uniforms.

Can anyone explain me why all west choppers have those yellow marks?

pr_2s.jpg armans1s.jpg AARV5s.jpg

<span style='font-size:5pt;line-height:100%'>(click to enlarge)</span>

Why do they have the marks? Probably the most I've heard of them is that if you're mounting up and can see them (I.E. in field where the terrain is not really level), you're gonna get your head chopped off. The true function of them IIRC, is to show other pilots in a congested landing the rotor space to allow for proper clearance.

@ Galbaldy: No, I guess I didn't see the point, sorry. I do now and it makes sense. (So you're saying the west only makes better body armor as far as N. Sarani is concerned? nener.gif )

They're cautionary marks to make the rotors more visible when they are spinning.

With just plain black (or dark) rotors they create a dark disc that is hard to see. The yellow marks (although decreasingly common now) create a yellow disc at the tips of the rotor blades so that its easier to see them.

Its damn near impossible to see in pictures (because the high-shutter speeds capture the blades rather than the blury disc effect)

These sort of markings are also common on propellor driven aircraft. Just check google and you'll find plenty of pics.

sounds logical smile_o.gif cool thing, didin't knew that one about the rotors yellow colors tounge2.gif

seriously any1 heard of soldiers getting their heads chopped off while disembarking from a chopper? crazy_o.gif

seriously any1 heard of soldiers getting their heads chopped off while disembarking from a chopper?  crazy_o.gif

Yeah I think a few people have done it in BF2 jumping 5 feet high lol.

The two pilots in THIS clip should have been paying more attention to those yellow bands too! Or maybe they forgot about the benefits of yellow tips!

Anyhows, mustn’t deviate too much OT or Placebo will be back!  tounge2.gif

sounds logical smile_o.gif cool thing, didin't knew that one about the rotors yellow colors tounge2.gif

seriously any1 heard of soldiers getting their heads chopped off while disembarking from a chopper? crazy_o.gif

.. not on disembark but in other situation.

And im sure its for other pilots to see.

I know it sounds logical.. when i posted i already knew what they were for.. its logical indeed but are they using it in the right size?

Black_Hawk1_s.jpg Black_Hawk2_s.jpg tn_uh60.jpg AARV5s.jpg

<span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>(click to enlarge)</span>

The point is: Should they reduce the yellow marks? In my opinion, yes alittle but not in the back rotor. (i agree they keep the yellow marks in arma but..)

its too bright, shiny and big. It becomes unrealistic the way it is.

Hope they aware it.

more pics for the "lovers"

sounds logical  smile_o.gif  cool thing, didin't knew that one about the rotors yellow colors  tounge2.gif

seriously any1 heard of soldiers getting their heads chopped off while disembarking from a chopper?  crazy_o.gif

.. not on disembark but in other situation.

And im sure its for other pilots to see.

I know it sounds logical.. when i posted i already knew what they were for.. its logical indeed but are they using it in the right size?

http://bravocompany.home.sapo.pt/posts/Black_Hawk1_s.jpg http://bravocompany.home.sapo.pt/posts/Black_Hawk2_s.jpg http://www.bourget.free.fr/bourget93/tn_uh60.jpg http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/AARV5s.jpg

<span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>(click to enlarge)</span>

The point is: Should they reduce the yellow marks? In my opinion, yes alittle but not in the back rotor. (i agree they keep the yellow marks in arma but..)

its too bright, shiny and big. It becomes unrealistic the way it is.

Hope they aware it.

more pics for the "lovers"

Ah really, your going over the top with such a small thing. Do you think BIS are going to create every unit and vehicle pixel perfect? We would be waiting till 2010 for ArmA to be released.

Ah really, your going over the top with such a small thing. Do you think BIS are going to create every unit and vehicle pixel perfect? We would be waiting till 2010 for ArmA to be released.

i think BIS are so perfect on their job i just think.. why the hell not? smile_o.gif

if they have different recoil for each weapon why not on this small detail? wink_o.gif (im sure its very easy to change (fix))

Not exactly, but there have been plenty of accidents where people have been killed by rotor blades. A US Policeman (Pilot) was killed by the blades of his own helicopter after landing at the scene of an accident for example. Then there was the case of a little girl here in the UK a couple of years ago (won't go into details).

I don't happen to think the Arma markings need to be redone, I've seen plenty of military helicopters marked in exactly the same way. The fact that a look on the internet only shows helicopters with reduced or no markings doesn't make it innaccurate/unrealistic.

I don't happen to think the Arma markings need to be redone, I've seen plenty of military helicopters marked in exactly the same way. The fact that a look on the internet only shows helicopters with reduced or no markings doesn't make it innaccurate/unrealistic.

I agree at some point.. but what happens to those markes after a while in the field? (dust, etc) will they continue to be shiny yellow marks as they are?

got my point?

I agree at some point.. but what happens to those markes after a while in the field? (dust, etc) will they continue to be shiny yellow marks as they are?

got my point?

The US forces would have a vehicle repair and maintenance team for sure!  icon_rolleyes.gif

got my point?

Yes the OFP soon to be ArmA community keep all there weapons and vehicles in very good shape with daily cleaning and maintenance lol. Actually I think it would be the other way around, the community abuse there weapons and vehicles on a daily basis hehe.

what if the chopper pass trought a explosion and gets lot of smoke as usually happens, will it keep shiny? (hope not)

It could get durt in those moments (less shiny)?

this idea could be applyed for other vehicles.. for arma, no? smile_o.gif

what if the chopper pass trought a explosion and gets lot of smoke as usually happens, will it keep shiny? (hope not)

It could get durt in those moments (less shiny)?

this idea could be applyed for other vehicles..  for arma, no? smile_o.gif

The copilot would instantly lean out the window and start wiping off any dirt that would be covering our nice paintjob, something like in the Blues Brothers with the black oily front window lol.