Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Guest Ti0n3r

Imagine a ~15 player DM in that town. wow_o.gif

shame it says estimated release date is now Q4 2006 at the end of the interview sad_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
shame it says estimated release date is now Q4 2006 at the end of the interview sad_o.gif

They don't have a publisher so they say Q4 2006 because they don't know if they will find a publisher before the end of H1 2006. It's pretty obvious that the game is getting closer to a state where it's ready to be released though.

Edit: And as Klavan says, a H1 2006 looks unlikely.

They don't have a publisher so they say Q4 2006 because they don't know if they will find a publisher before the end of H1 2006. It's pretty obvious that the game is getting closer to a state where it's ready to be released though.

True, but i'm not sure the H1 term would be respected even after an eventual agree with a publisher at the E3. I don't think there's enough time left. And summer is incoming fast.......

Btw nice progresses so far. thumbs-up.gifinlove.gif

Klavan

I love the pic with the Little Bird and that forest looks awesome! The same applies for the town. smile_o.gif

Fair enought, but I would have thought Q3 was what most would have been expecting. That's plenty of time to sign a publisher, go gold and put the baby on the shelves for our mits to grab.

This game does not really need a huge commercial campaign to sell as many as OF did, as it is on most peoples hit list to purchase anyway.

I remember now, there was even a tv ad for OFP when it originally came out. Live action of a soldier with the old, "if you see the flash, its already too late"

Waste money on marketing when you have to BIS, this will fly from the start. Not that I am biased of course.

Have a nice weekend all and here's to some new content after E3 with any luck

Jasooooon

...i just can`t wait to see the picture with the tank commander using 12.7mm AA gun(T-72)! pistols.gif

i guess on E32006 will be the day to see multiple gunners position pic.

will there be a demo ?

Quote[/b] ]Yes, if all goes to plan we will initially release a multiplayer demo and then a little closer to the game being published we intend to release a singleplayer demo.

There is a God and he lives in bohemia studios smile_o.gif

BIS said that it would be possible to play the old CWC, RH, and Resistance Campaigns in AA right? If they did would they come with the game or require the Operation Flashpoint game first?

i think they changed it from being included cause of copyright and codemasters , i believe they gonna release them later or make it so you can port them over, cause if you bought cwc and res then you have the right too.

Those new pics looks very nice, the only thing is that on the first screen the soldiers, well the one next to the AMP looks a bit...hm I don`t know.

Like he is pasted in, I seriously need to see some in-game recent footage soon or I`ll go insane, thank god E3 is almost here smile_o.gif

True, but i'm not sure the H1 term would be respected even after an eventual agree with a publisher at the E3. I don't think there's enough time left. And summer is incoming fast.......

And so is the New Financial year,

And so are other things,

And so the wait will be longer till they get their paychecks.

They are going to release when they can. They might be 'gods' in the eyes of some people, but they need to have food on the table at the end of each day like everybody else. As strange as that might seem

confused_o.gif

What I'm trying to say is, this is a screenshots thread. Not a speculation on release thread.

Guest Ti0n3r

The two names in that quotes makes it hard to tell who you're really quoting whistle.gif

@Chunder

I'm with you, totally. smile_o.gif

Mine wasn't a release date speculation post, only a consideration given by Ti0n3r post. Personally i don't care too much when Arma will be out: june, july or november......who care, i only want ArmA to be a great game.

Klavan

Guest Ti0n3r
and what happens if they dont get a publisher until q4 confused_o.gif

The world will go up in flames and satan will emerge. Then he'll kill all of us. wink_o.gif

Or maybe they'll keep adding stuff to ArmA like they said they will do while they "wait" for the game to be released. I think they'll find their publisher before Q4 though. Look at the pics and read the previews. I mean, who wouldn't want to publish a game like ArmA?

crazy_o.gif

and what happens if they dont get a publisher until q4 confused_o.gif

Or maybe they'll keep adding stuff to ArmA like they said they will do while they "wait" for the game to be released.

lol, and than they release Game 2 instead of ArmA biggrin_o.gif

Yeah but whose the publisher for Game2?

Hmm...I could be wrong but on the picture of the Russian soldier and the two BMP2's...I think Armed Assault has soft shadows or softer shadows...

Thats no river, check bravo6s posts in wills blog thread, it's a bay.

Thats no river, check bravo6s posts in wills blog thread, it's a bay.

To be precise they are inlets not bays. It's the same sort of thing that Nogova had but called it a river all the same!  wink_o.gif

inlets_sahra.jpg

Although the top one appears to have something flowing into it, and is that long dark shadow a lake or just a long dark shadow?

We need more pictures!  whistle.gif

yup "inlets" with 1 km size +- ..and also including small bridges.

any possible water falls at north part of the island?

We were already told that there were no rivers or streams in ArmA.

So there is No river or steam of any sort in ArmA.

They must have difficulties with making them, however agreed, a 400km Square Island with mountains and tropical areas without a single river or steam would have to be a world anomaly. We'll know somethings wrong when there are no rainwater tanks and the towns rely soley of the off the odd well. Make toiletting an issue =-p.

We were already told that there were no rivers or streams in ArmA.

So there is No river or steam of any sort in ArmA.

They must have difficulties with making them, however agreed, a 400km Square Island with mountains and tropical areas without a single river or steam would have to be a world anomaly. We'll know somethings wrong when there are no rainwater tanks and the towns rely soley of the off the odd well. Make toiletting an issue =-p.

True, but:

BIS are always changing things, making ARMA better and better every day. They can/might change their mind about this subject.. why not? wink_o.gif

I agree, a tropical island without a river or steams are strange..