Sign in to follow this  
Spoock

Open Letter to the BIS

lol

I forsee 'open letter' to be closed soon.  band.gif

Yeah me too...  wink_o.gif

Mmm. Placebo usually locks these sort of threads pretty quickly. There must be some logic in this new tolerant approach to these pointless topics. Maybee there is some significant news on the horizon or maybee he has had instructions from BIS to keep open these threads so that BIS can moniter the thoughts of the forum community!  huh.gif

Hmm! ....Or maybee he's just lost his glasses!  tounge2.gif

hopefully... A demo or at least a good trailer would rock icon_rolleyes.gif

I wouldnt get your hopes up, id predict maybe some info on publishers possibly acompanyied by a few more screen shots.

Why is BIS so SSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW?huh.gif?huh.gif

Mam we must be the most loyal game fans in the world. We just wait and wait.

Yes a Demo would be the ultimate, I wouldnt be suprised if it takes the game a year to come out even after the Demo.

But hey I'm not complaining, that would still be better than....this nothingness....LOL........BIS.....Plz think of all of your loyal followers and plz do SOMETHING soon....before we all end up on drugs trying to forget about all the pain you are causing us!!

Guest Ti0n3r

Why not just wait and let them do their job, and you'll get your ArmA. All these damn I-want-screens/news/a demo posts are getting too damn anoying...

Quote[/b] ]

New info will not make the game get here faster... so just look forwards to the release of the game, and anything you here/see before that.... is a bonus.

there is however the tactic of "teasing". that is why movie studios release numerous teasers, followed by full trailers as the movie release date draws closer. from a psychoanalytical standpoint, this is an effective marketing strategy. it keeps all of the information from being released, yet shows enough to keep a possible viewer's attention (and anticipation) well charged. the reason why BIS isn't releasing much of this "teaser" material (i.e. features, videos, etc.) could be because they have yet to find a publisher.

Quote[/b] ]My gues is BIS is so busy making ArmA that has no time for information.

now that's just silly. surely they can find an hour of spare time to collect the latest screen shots and put out a list of features.

Quote[/b] ]My gues is BIS is so busy making ArmA that has no time for information.

now that's just silly. surely they can find an hour of spare time to collect the latest screen shots and put out a list of features.

Better tel that to BIS then ....preferably in an 'open letter'!   biggrin_o.gif

Why not just wait and let them do their job, and you'll get your ArmA. All these damn I-want-screens/news/a demo posts are getting too damn anoying...

The smartest thing said in this topic yet.

Save youre money till march, Geforce 7900 gtx 512 hopefully daul gpu will be released ($600-$800) then buy all the games that have been released in the last 6 months there are some good ones i fear. Then around july you will be ready 4 AA. then when game 2 comes out you get another 7900 4 around $300.00 hopefully, thats my plan. and if AA is released sooner all the better notworthy.gif

you know what I think? I think VBS2 comes before ARMA and they are too busy developing VBS2 perhaps? cos look here in vbs1 credits, some BIS ppl ondrej etc, it has project leader "maruk spanel" too (previous splash screen) so this is why they are too slow maybe? (also in the credits it shows CSLA mod too tounge2.gif

vbscred.jpg

Save youre money till march, Geforce 7900 gtx 512 hopefully daul gpu will be released ($600-$800) then buy all the games that have been released in the last 6 months there are some good ones i fear. Then around july you will be ready 4 AA. then when game 2 comes out you get another 7900 4 around $300.00 hopefully, thats my plan. and if AA is released sooner all the better  notworthy.gif

Man, who do you think we are with that kind of money? Bill Gates or something? biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

The smartest thing said in this topic yet.

Well, you`re right...

But reasoning like that; It`s totally pointles to open any thread that doesn`t contain any usefull info about the upcoming game. So it`s also comletely useless to post anything if you`re not a BIS member. Moreover, this forum should contain only 2/3 topics with a cople posts and we should wait in silence. Was the openning of this forum a good idea then?

Don`t get me wrong. Some guys are really overreacting, and yes, those "plz!!!!!" posts are getting more and more annoying, but to be honest, bis could say something to cheer up those guys. I`m also waiting for any info, and I`ll be glad to see anything too.

Do not say It`s so hard to spend a while and make a bit of this official marketing mumble about that... The only thing which seems to justify them is that they haven`t got the publisher yet... icon_rolleyes.gif

anyway, love you bis   wink_o.gif

Save youre money till march, Geforce 7900 gtx 512 hopefully daul gpu will be released ($600-$800) then buy all the games that have been released in the last 6 months there are some good ones i fear. Then around july you will be ready 4 AA. then when game 2 comes out you get another 7900 4 around $300.00 hopefully, thats my plan. and if AA is released sooner all the better  notworthy.gif

If the Geforce 7900 gtx is coming out in March it would make more economical sense to wait 'till July (ArmA release?) when it should've hopefully come down in price.  tounge2.gif

I never pay release prices for anything, especially PC hardware that has a 'new' value of less than 6 months!  wink_o.gif

Bill Gates's son U must be mate!   whistle.gif

you know what I think? I think VBS2 comes before ARMA and they are too busy developing VBS2 perhaps? cos look here in vbs1 credits, some BIS ppl ondrej etc, it has project leader "maruk spanel" too (previous splash screen) so this is why they are too slow maybe? (also in the credits it shows CSLA mod too tounge2.gif

Isn't VBS2 being made by BIA apart then the new engine that it runs on? wink_o.gif

maybe but I always thought as BIS team are in the credits, they help make it too, im probably wrong sad_o.gif

await.pbo - best BIS' addon biggrin_o.gif

best addon? - this is bug crazy_o.gif

pleas BIS - fix it banghead.gif

While, I'm not a proponent of childish whining... One possible way to appease some of the kids here would be to make it a known policy that they will release something like 3 screenshots a month. That way everyone knows something is coming, but its not asking a lot of the Dev team. I think its the UNKNOWN of what is coming that kills people. Personally it makes anything that comes out that much more exciting at the time for me. Anyhoo, just a thought.

or even better:

spread the news that new screenshots or a demo have been leaked, and hordes of people will take renewed interest

I vote for an official wallpaper each month with a small callender in the corner and and the BIS logo. It would be something nice to look forward to smile_o.gif

Then, just like the Stalker web pages, kids can leave their wize comments: "OMFG, that pixal shadings sooooo last year!!"

Come on BIS, it would be fun and I need a new wallpaper.

or even better:

spread the news that new screenshots or a demo have been leaked, and hordes of people will take renewed interest

er how about no. crazy_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I'm a xbox/xbl gamer (previous on pc). I'm playing GR and OFPE on Xbox

GRAW on 360 is coming in march. Will i spent 400-500E to play this? Or do i wait for ArmA and spent the money on a pc upgrade?

For me a significant question which partly depends on concrete release date info for ArmA (as well as GRAW)

More concrete info (if possible) from BIS could benefit BIS as well!

Damn guys you should THANK bis for not letting info all the time, then you know everything about the game and when you get the game you will get bored to it much faster! I am happy that bis is not EA style hype noobs.