eddyd

retexture Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier 2

Gnat @ Jan. 14 2006,17:31)]Nice work Eddy biggrin_o.gif

> Another Beta nearing ready for release <

- One PBO file (smaller)

- Only one object needs to be placed in editor

- Multiple pieces built and rotated automaticily

- No more holes in the deck

- No more crashing (for undercarriage compliant planes)

- Arrestor hook script

- Launch scripts

- ATC enabled

- Oh .... and working elevators smile_o.gif

[imghttp://members.iinet.net.au/~nrspence/Kuz_1.jpg[/img]

[imghttp://members.iinet.net.au/~nrspence/Kuz_2.jpg[/img]

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!

When it will be released?

please don't quote images

1) welcome to the forums.

2) forum rules (set in stone, real rules) stickied at the top of the board here...

3) Quoting images leads to mod-slapping

4) Addon makers as a rule don't like to talk about release dates.

Hold on [APS]Gnat and eddyD, pdfs and videos are coming! those videos are awesome, i didn't knew i can get them...

you will see there Kuznetsov, it's aircraft, hangar, lifts, radars, cabin inside smile_o.gif just awesome stuff...

Thanks for the offer Gedis, but it will be what it will be, I don't have the patience for a "historicly accurate" model. smile_o.gif

Agent Smith .......... I hate Lighting Errors !! LOL ... they kick my butt most of the time sad_o.gif

Kuz_3.jpg

Kuz_4.jpg

when people would want to get Su-33 3D Max model from me...

sadly, no one is interested sad_o.gif

P.S. i'm still holding that model in HDD, maybe someone... but only maybe confused_o.gif

The model would murder OFP, I'm sure. I'd think the minimum base 'chassis' model would need to be 4000-5000 to look good and still be accepted by OFP - even though we can go a lot higher, that's a nice midpoint figure for any additional features to add.

I know I'd want to be able to swap weaponry while on the carrier as opposed to a fixed loadout.

wow Gnat!

no! thanx to you! you ARE making hangar for Kuznetsov!

amazing notworthy.gif

still gathering data... (basically videos)

I've been looking at this addon and noticed that a lot of textures which are referenced in the p3d's are either missing or are from directories that don't exist, like some were looking for \kuznecov3\ and some for \Cy-27\ or something like that. I downloaded an older version of this but couldn't find those textures. Does anyone have an idea where they are?

So far I've scripted this thing to build itself like the Nimitz, but Gnat's version is looking good so I'm just doing this to tide me over til his is done.

One other thing--I've noticed when I look at this ship from certain angles I'll get a major drop in FPS. Is there some sort of geometry error somewhere on it? I did find out that if you don't set the main hull to destructtype of DestructNo then the game can crash when it crumples since it's so massive, lol.

Basically the LODs are a mess KaRRiLLioN (missing bits, extra useless bits, hence the texture problems and FR drop), I can only suggest you wait for my cleaned up beta.

Yes, I've been realizing that. The LOD's don't even correspond with each other on the hull.p3d, unless I'm completely ignorant of resolution LOD's. I also found that I was using the previous version of the ship and once I got the latest release, I noticed the textures all seemed to be there.

I created 4 custom roadway LOD's, 3 for the front curve of the ship, and the last is a square which I used to cover the deck and prevent falling through, but for some reason that curve in the front is a bugger to have work right. When I hit a certain point in it, the ship appears to vanish and I'm not sure if it's because of the roadway lod's that are set there or not.

Anyway, the init in the ship's EH builds it and places the LOD's so it works fine except for the few visual issues, and the FPS drop seems to be gone so it'll work for now, but I'm really looking forward to a more functional beta.

I re-wrote some scripts for the Nimitz and used ags_smith's fixed version so now its entire deck is walkable without any holes. I intend to implement both it and this Russian one in RTS-3. Since there's now a fully functional navy in RTS, I think aircraft carriers are the next step. smile_o.gif

yeah, that skyjump ramp disapears when you are near the end of it, but this only acured for me, when i'm using low performance setting(640x480x16, ...), when i used high performance (1024x800x32 and higher, ...) it worked fine, strange...

I recommend to check this out...

..... and used ags_smith's fixed version so now its entire deck is walkable without any holes.

What are you talking about KaRRiLLioN, I have never heard of an Agent Smith "repaired" version of the Nimitz !?

This is now personal ..... I consider myself rightly or wrongly "caretaker of all aircraft carriers" LOL ..... I MUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT *left eye twitches* wink_o.gif

Gnat @ Jan. 20 2006,16:54)]
..... and used ags_smith's fixed version so now its entire deck is walkable without any holes.

What are you talking about KaRRiLLioN, I have never heard of an Agent Smith "repaired" version of the Nimitz !?

This is now personal ..... I consider myself rightly or wrongly "caretaker of all aircraft carriers" LOL ..... I MUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT *left eye twitches* wink_o.gif

I can only confess I have nothing to do with any of the carriers out there. whistle.gif

I'm pretty certain when I was combing threads about aircraft carriers someone mentioned a version that ags_smith had worked on, and the one I was patching up had an entry or two in the config that said "per ags_smith" though it could have been something someone did per his instructions.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I patched up the remaining holes in the Nimitz deck and it seems to be much better atm. I'm thinking about carving up the hull of the Kuz since I can fly aircraft right through it even though I've redone its Geo LOD's several times and made sure it has all the components. Some areas seem solid while others don't, and I can only guess it's because of the sheer size.

Does this air carrier have catapults, or do the Russians use something else, like giant rubber bands?

Does this air carrier have catapults, or do the Russians use something else, like giant rubber bands?

They just jump off the ramp with afterburners. tounge2.gif

any news about Heavy Aircraft Carrying Cruiser "Admiral Kuznetsov"?

P.S. hehe! i got some new awesome videos about it nener.gif

i can say that those videos are just like documentical ones...  whistle.gif

and whole info about Kuznetsov stored in my HDD is 1,19Gb tounge2.gif

Kuz_8.jpg

- One PBO file: DONE

- Only one object needs to be placed in editor: DONE

- Multiple pieces built and rotated automaticily: DONE

- No more holes in the deck: DONE

- No more crashing (for undercarriage compliant planes): DONE

- Helper scripts for non-compliant planes: DONE

- Arrestor hook script, better than Nimitz: DONE

- Launch scripts, 3 locations: DONE

- Working Elevators: DONE

- Working Hanger Areas: DONE

- Proper Destroy script: DONE

- Touch up of bad resolution detail: In Progress

- Deck Lights: In Progress

- ATC enabled: Final Step

To Do for release after next;

- Defence systems

- Bridge area

- Deck towing/handling vehicles

- VTOL Yak-38a

- Ka-27 or 29

I don't like giving an release date, cuz I'm always wrong ..... maybe a week or 2.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Gnat @ Jan. 29 2006,02:49)]- No more crashing (for undercarriage compliant planes): DONE

How did you fix it?

YOU DA MAN GNAT!!!! YOU DA MAN!!!!

Can't wait to launch some missions off of that deck!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Gnat @ Jan. 29 2006,02:49)]- No more crashing (for undercarriage compliant planes): DONE

How did you fix it?

Hoping you understood what I meant .....

Compliant planes: Those planes that have the config's undercarriage auto-retract feature switched off.

ie RAD F18s, Ikara's newer planes etc

Shame there are very few East planes in that category.

So with that now clear, I fixed the "crashing" by carving up the deck into smaller addons. Hence no holes or lips.

I've manually scripted some work-arounds for many standard East planes, repeatly forcing the undercarriage down as it hits the deck and reseting any damage it takes during those seconds. But its not prefect as there are some special notes for the pilot.

Better option is for the authors to redo their addons or maybe do a duplicate config definition with the correction inside.

awesome!

before you said about deck lightning, i have been building some crazy night flight mission from the deck, it's prety hard to create on the right place of the deck in the right height those lights and so many to do... thought i'm just nearly completed sky jump ramp smile_o.gif

as 3 months of continous flights from Kuznetsov with 1st person view, land on the deck at night is so hard, i just can't compare with anything...

so at least deck needs to be lighted like christmas tree, but still it woun't help much... landing at night will be very hard...

P.S. just after my 3rd landing on the Kuznetsov at night... it's so hard, so if you land sucesfully on the deck, you start to think it was only a luck which saved your plane and ass hitting the water or deck with enormous force and blowing everything up...

So thats where u've been hiding Gnat working on these fixes great stuff as always!!

As you know we use the Nimitz carrier on the OGN server,would it be possible to get it to move? Seems a shame it cant, not knowing addon making excuse my ignorance if thats a dumb question also Once these 2 carriers are fixed do u think they would be suitable for inclusion into our CTI'S or would the addons themselves be too laggy?

The Nimitz is techincally classified as a building which is a static object in OFP and thus cannot move like a vehicle. The Nimitz consists of about 4 building objects, so even if it could move, all those 'building blocks' would have to be synchronized. This new carrier is the same, because if all the pieces were classified as ship or something, they'd all drift apart.

It'd be nice if ArmA removes some of these limitations, but carriers of this size shall, alas, have to remain static objects.

I don't think adding the Nimitz to a CTI will lag it; just place it well offshore. I've gotten a version of RTS with the Nimitz in it, and once this one is done, I'll add it and make them both capture points where the team that 'owns' them can build aircraft from it so long as their air factory is up and running. I've been wanting to play it, but have held off on it until this carrier is finished.

Since RTS now has a naval factory complete with battleships and such, this carrier would really complete things.

This should be good enough for your night missions Gedis smile_o.gif

Kuz_9.jpg

Kuz_A.jpg

G'day Aus! .... yep, been neglecting the Sunday CTI smile_o.gif

Yes, as for moving carriers, KaRRiLLioN is right, not likely this decade sad_o.gif

For CTI's you could organise small teleport events for the carrier, but even that will have problems as I have found that assembling a carrier (the Kuznetsov is currently made up of 12 different addons) in game results in the tide messing up aligement .... not good and probably very hard to overcome. Assembling the carrier before the mission actually starts doesnt suffer the same problem.

well that lightning at night is pretty good, but if you have checked one video from "that collection" you would found that Kuznetsov's deck's shape lightned as well...

but it's enough thumbs-up.gif

m... i'm still seeing that deck lightning is not correct(i mean you should sharpen it) confused_o.gif

nevertheless, i'm waiting for this corrected addon notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]in game results in the tide messing up aligement .... not good and probably very hard to overcome. Assembling the carrier before the mission actually starts doesnt suffer the same problem.

I worked that out with the nimitz, you just need to use Vekterbosens height above sea level function. That gives you the height of the tide at the point in time when you want to place a guy, then use that with the height of the carrier.