Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Safetys Marine's V2.0

Well, backpacks do work in SP correctly, but do not try to use them in MP, you're gonna be flooded with "Unload Ammo" options, tested last night on USMC CTI with USMC Squad.

What you need to do to make backpacks work (SP):

1. USMC Troops DO NOT NEED the initline command, altough in the readme it does say that they do, there was an update of the packs to fix the minor backpack issue, so it would be good if you redownloaded the pack if you downloaded it same night it came out.

2. Other addons DO NEED the initline command

3. Add backpack of your choice to the unit by addweapon command (list of backpacks is in the readme)

4. Play

These Marines rock! I would like to thank you for getting some Marines on this game that is worthwhile. My only problem that I have with these Marines is that, the AI only shoots one round at a time. I could be my imagination. And Im going to check again later. But is there something that you can do about that? Because I am not liking the Chechen (sp) terrorist handing my Marines their butts. I even send in the snipers and they cant shoot for nothing. yes i raised the level of skill, but nothing happens.

By the way Marines curently use these things here:

DPV (Desert Patrol Vehicle)

HMMWV (High Mobile Multipupose Wheeled Vehicle)

LAV-25

M6 Bradley Linbacker

M1A2

F/A 18 Hornet

HH-60H Seahawk

AH-Super Cobra (I think the 1Z version)

AAV (Amphibious Assault Vehicle)

Thats just to name the basic things at our disposal.

Now when talking about Specific units and regions.....thats a differnt story. For example I forget which Expeditionary Unit uses the Hovercraft for beach assaults.

I can give the fully monty if you'd like, Just ley me know.

-Retired Marine

Aw what the heck here ya go:

Bladed weapons

Bayonets

M9 bayonet

M7 bayonet

OKC-3S bayonet

Fighting Knives

Ka-Bar

Small arms

Pistols

M1911A1 .45 Caliber Pistol

M9 Beretta 9 mm Pistol

Submachine guns

Heckler & Koch MP5

Rifles

M14

M16A2 & M16A4 Assault Rifles

M4 Carbine

USMC Squad Advanced Marksman Rifle (SAM-R)

USMC Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR)

M40A1 & M40A3 Sniper Rifles

M82A1A & M82A3 Sniper Rifles

Shotguns

12 Gauge Shotgun

M1014

Machine Guns

M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

M240G 7.62 mm Medium Machine Gun

M249 5.56 mm Squad Automatic Weapon

M60E3 7.62 mm Machine Gun

Grenade launchers

M203 40 mm Rifle-Mounted

MK19 40 mm Grenade Machine Gun

M79 40 mm Stand-Alone

Mortars

M224 60 mm Mortar

M252 81 mm Extended Range Mortar

Artillery

M198 155 mm Medium Howitzer

M777 Lightweight Howitzer

HIMARS

Missile Launchers

AT4

Shoulder-Launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon (SMAW)

FGM-148 Javelin Anti-Tank missile

Tube Launched, Optically Tracked, Wire Guided (TOW) Missile Weapon System

Stinger Weapons System

Vehicle-Mounted

M242 25 mm Bushmaster Chain gun

M256 120 mm Cannon

MK19 40 mm Grenade Machine Gun

Aircraft-Mounted

Guns

GAU-12 25 mm Gatling gun

GAU-16 .50 Caliber Machine gun

GAU-17 7.62 mm automatic gun

GAU-2B/A

GAU-4 20 mm Vulcan (M61)

M197 Gatling gun

Bombs

CBU-99 Cluster Bomb

GBU-10 2000 lb laser guided bomb

GBU-12 500 lb laser guided bomb

GBU-16 1000 lb laser guided bomb

MK82 series 500 lb bomb

MK83 series 1000 lb bomb

Missiles

AGM-45 Shrike Missile

AGM-65 Maverick Missile

AGM-84 Harpoon

AGM-88 High-Speed Anti-radiation Missile (HARM)

AGM-114 Hellfire (Helicopter launched fire-and-forget)

AIM-120 AMRAAM

AIM-7 Sparrow

AIM-9 Sidewinder (anti-air) Missile

Sidearm (anti-radar) Missile

Rockets

Hydra 70

M260 70 mm Rocket Launcher

ok you took that list from wikipedia, didn't you... Well I didn't know that USMC had switched M1A2 version, I've thought that they still use M1A1... smile_o.gif

By the way Marines curently use these things here:

DPV (Desert Patrol Vehicle)

HMMWV (High Mobile Multipupose Wheeled Vehicle)

LAV-25

M6 Bradley Linbacker

M1A2

F/A 18 Hornet

HH-60H Seahawk

AH-Super Cobra (I think the 1Z version)

AAV (Amphibious Assault Vehicle)

Thats just to name the basic things at our disposal.

Now when talking about Specific units and regions.....thats a differnt story. For example I forget which Expeditionary Unit uses the Hovercraft for beach assaults.

I can give the fully monty if you'd like, Just ley me know.

-Retired Marine

The Marines do not use the M1A2, nor the M6 Bardley Linebacker, or HH-60H Seahawk (the only Blackhawks in svc with the Marine Corps are the VH-60's assigned to HMX-1). The M-14's the Marine Corps has taken out of storage has been accuarized by the armory at Q-town that builds the M-40A3's, and hence it is the DMR. Well actually there are two versions of the DMR in the USMC inventory. The M-14 DMR is mostly confined to 2nd MarDiv, but it is slowly making its way to West Coast units as more become available. In the mean time the West Coast units were slapping a bi-pod, and an ACOG sight on M-16A4's and giving a rifleman within the squad some additional training to employ the A4 more accurately. As I said, as more M-14 DMR's are becoming available they will also be heading out west. Unfortunately the armory at Q-town is rather small, and they can only produce so many, as they are taking in M-40A1's and converting them to M-40A3's.

Thanks for that exhaustive list, guys.

I'm not as much a fan of the Marines as I am of US regular infantry, but I was hoping to convert the models from this addon into US infantry by replacing the MARPAT with ACUPAT, since all the hundreds of ACU addons (heh, only one really) are not up to scratch, I'm afraid.

Could it be done? What UNIFORM-wise would have to change? (besides obvious things like the weapons loadouts, I know all about config editing).

Well, the first thing to do would be to get the permission of HYK and Safetycatch as a common-courtesy - one addon-maker to another. As for the rest, thats up to you.

There is one good pack with ACU uniforms.. it uses SJB weapons, new face pack etc.   pistols.gif  yay.gif Only thing.. can't find the link confused_o.gif

You can´t find it because that pack was released as a limited beta for a short period of time.

you can, check opflashpoint.org site in the forum under addons and modeling corner.new download under "U.S. Army ACU Soldiers Beta".

I know about that one, guys - it's not really up to scratch (with all due respect to the maker).

Jackal - I'm not an addon maker. I was just tossing the idea around. I don't know the first thing about making an addon.

Animations or missions, however...

Due to a bug with the backpacks in MP, they will be completely re-worked and an update re-released in due course. No ETA as of yet.

[noob]question, and I DID read TFM before posting!

But how do you make those guys get backpacks...? It aint working, and I cannot seem to find it in the readme file.>? [/noob]

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_unit addWeapon "SFTY_rmbp"

and if the unit is not one of the Marines from teh pack, add

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[this] exec "\SFTY_bkpk\init.sqs"

to their init...

wink_o.gif

Hello!

Could someone please tell me the codes for adding/removing and raise/lower the NV-goggles via initline?

Didn't find anything in the readme.

Greetings!

Fingolfin.

I had the same problem, reading the readme forth and back.

After I took a look in the config I wrote this little script for adding/lowering the NVGs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addweapon "NVGoggles"

[this, "nvgappear"] exec "\SFTY_usmc\scripts\nvgscout.sqs"

this animate ["SFTY_NVG",1]

this Action ["NVGoggles"]

exit

But you can also write this in the initline of a Marine:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addweapon "NVGoggles"; [this, "nvgappear"] exec "\SFTY_usmc\scripts\nvgscout.sqs"; this animate ["SFTY_NVG",1]; this Action ["NVGoggles"];

The line's are in the addon's config! De pbo addon open up config in note pad and bob's you're uncle tounge2.gif

I had the same problem, reading the readme forth and back.

After I took a look in the config I wrote this little script for adding/lowering the NVGs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addweapon "NVGoggles"

[this, "nvgappear"] exec "\SFTY_usmc\scripts\nvgscout.sqs"

this animate ["SFTY_NVG",1]

this Action ["NVGoggles"]

exit

But you can also write this in the initline of a Marine:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addweapon "NVGoggles"; [this, "nvgappear"] exec "\SFTY_usmc\scripts\nvgscout.sqs"; this animate ["SFTY_NVG",1]; this Action ["NVGoggles"];

Thank you very much! smile_o.gif

What're the classnames for these guys? I want to replace them with HYK's infantry in CBT's hummers. Heres what i need:

1) Classname for one soldier to replace in the config (any soldier will do fine, desert and woodland please)

2) the M16 (any M16) classname + mag classname from SJB's weapons for the soldiers. Thanks.

Check the config.cpp of the Marines. All the classnames used will be there, and the rest of the classnames for my pack can be found in the pack's readme.txt

You dont even need to do that for the Marines, just place a unit in the mission editor, save it, then open up the mission.sqm file in a text editor and its there.

Lol i never thaught of that HotShot, thanks a lot!

...and the rest of the classnames for my pack can be found in the pack's readme.txt

Or here, if you tossed away the readme.

Sorry if I sound like a foolish noob, but all I'm getting is an error that there is no entry '.modelSpecial.' I got the latest SJB pack downloaded all over again, and still... no dice.