Sign in to follow this  
sysdevja

SAS: Scud Hunters

Hi my names James Allsopp, I don’t know if any of you know me or have seen my work

A post of my skills and shots from my portfolios

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....57;st=0

. I have led an interesting game career so far and being freelance for a year now, im not putting it to waste. I’ve always had a love for the "S.A.S" (Special Air Service) Best Special Forces in the world. I have been on many mods and even a supporting game at one stage on SAS, but most of them never gave you the feel of;

*That 20 mile hike

*120 pounds of gear weighing you down

*Recon missions (SAS are well known for it)

*Having 250 rebels charge at you and only 9 SAS man at your command

*The full power and tactics of the SAS

I strive to reach these goals. I want the gamer to crawl before he/she can walk. Create very in-depth training missions and videos to help you (Becuase i want this mod to challange you in no other way in the field) when you get put into the squad commander’s position once you leave the insertion plane. I want you to experience the full thrust of sky diving with the SAS Halos, I want you to experience what a SAS 4 man squad can really do in a jungle environment, I want to show you how the SAS train to become the best. With training missions, videos and real missions the SAS carried out. Some of many which put the SAS into the history books;

*Jebel Akhdar and Oman – were the SAS faced a daring mountain climb for 10 hours

*The Battle of Mirbat – nine SAS men were faced with 250 rebel soldiers advancing on there position

*Operation "Nimrod" – were the SAS showed there CT force against the terrorists.

*Peterhead prison – SAS stormed the building in a quick response.

*The Gulf War – Were the SAS took place on various missions with soldier I himself “Andy Mcnabâ€. SAS earned the name as Scud hunters and the most famous operation bravo 2 zero took place.

*Afghanistan 2004 and 05 – Were SAS operations are still taking place on war against terrorism with supporting special forces from US army “Grey Foxâ€

other missions such as the famous 4 plane hijacking and the hunt for Saddam Hussein’s sons.

These are only a few examples of what made SAS the cream of the British army and the best special forces of today.

Plans for the mod are simple, first I want to use the addons at this moment to create a small SAS mod for OFP(This will save time and allow us to come up with and evaluate ideas for the main mod) (by giving credit and asking permission to each add-on creator) This small mod will give you a taste of the huge environments and the tactics of the SAS by Desert, Jungle and Urban Environments.

This is just a plan put in 3d view of the main version which will be appointed to Armed Assault. With AA’s graphics engine and huger scale mapping you the gamer will be able to experience the full throttle of SAS experience from Desert to Snow – Jungle to City.

As you guest I cannot create such a detailed mod without a small developing team. I am looking for some very skilled individuals who know what there talking about and have the love for Special Forces and modding. If you have any of the following skills;

Producer (complying all the models, scripts etc together)

(Also 4 or 5 people to help the producer)

Texture artists (2d artist)

3D Object modelers (buildings, weapons, vehicles etc)

Generic Modelers (characters modeling)

Environment Artists (landscape designer)

Research Team (To go hunt for all those important pictures & information)

Scripters (the people behind the brain of the mod)

Also as the team grows I will appoint Co – Leader and Heads for each department. If anyone is interested please let my know at

SfAllsopp@hotmail.com

Thank you for Reading

I’ll look forward to replies and your views

Ps: A Site will be up shortly ill keep you informed of the progress of it

Is this a 1991 mod, modern mod or just everything?

STGN

Okay cool good luck its a shame I don't have time for much OFP after the 8th my new M4 model would easily be converted too a great SFW when done.

STGN

Maybe I'm too pesimistic, but I can't see anybody joining the mod, where modleader has little to no knowledge of OFP. I've seen many mods like that before and I don't think this is going anywhere. Wish you good luck, though.

Well ive done this before on a mod for BF2 SAS mod, we started development with just myself and the co leader for 2 months and as soons as BF2 was out we hit the download section :P and the added bonus of best promising mod for bf2 award and invited down to EA studios to play bf2 with the devs lol.

....where modleader has little to no knowledge of OFP....

I think ag_smith was refering to knowlegde of OFP systems, tools, etc not of experience as a MOD leader. We already know you are "well experienced" in a Mod.

Yes, OFP modding is quite different from that of most other games. More limited in some ways (animations, visual quality) and better in other ways (open structure, performance system, larger maps).

Getting an idea of how to exactly make an addon for OFP (with all the addons combined forming the mod) takes some time, even for the most experienced game developer... confused_o.gif

My-self dont have much experiance with OFP engine, but some people who joinned the team do. I have the ideas and skills to get models and content, and my production team help get those ingame. Plus the OFP mod is a small plan of the main mod with armed assault, and with armed assault beign a differnt engine i could get to grips with it. Hopefully if its at e3 next year i can get in touch with bohmia on site and ask a few questions ("poly counts for vehicles etc")

Exactly.. as long as there are others who have some good knowledge of OFP everything is fine.

A competent mod leader/producer who can make things happen is really important. Many of the bigger OFP mods seems to lack one so they never get to release anything, instead they remake each model several times.

The plans and structure for this mod seems great so hopefully some skilled individiuals will join you.

As person who was a mod founder and for little time a team member of such mod I have to say, that GOOD and PROFESSIONAL Mod leader, I mean manager, not addon maker, is probably half of the success. So I belive if he finds good coworkers, his mod can be really good and in some way innovative. Best regards.

Agreed. Just as in the real world, a manager can make or break a project or even an organization. The danger is always of a manager who is purely an idea guy, but from the looks of it, sysdevja has the chops to not just manage, but to do a fair bit of content creation. With some good team players, you've got the potential to put on a great show.

Good luck with this. smile_o.gif

if producer has to put everything that an addon needs into 1 file,then it's simple-just use pbo tool. tounge2.gif

i'm sure that i won't get the right feeling of this awesome mod because of this screen,but i would really like to play it as OFP is the best place for this thing exept the climbing part. whistle.gif

AND you can't face 250 enemies in OFP as most players are civilians and not trained for it.And even for real soldiers this might be hard as you can't actually fight the enemy with a mouse and keyboard.

Somekind of a VIRTUAL REALITY might be useful for this stuff,everything would look real and you could do everything,but it is not real.

But i would still play it.

Quote[/b] ]AND you can't face 250 enemies in OFP

Maybe so, but remember the OFP mod is just a plan of the main mod, and im sure Armed Assault has a better statics system to allow such number.

Plus what one of my team members flagged up, is that in the OFP mod we could have waves of enemy, a script that sends waves of 20 men at a time and is on a timer after 2 minutes another wave etc. You stay seated defending the line.

(This also means AI will be smarter with enemy and your Squad members)

I am to get as much realisum as possible, i want this mod to be fun but to be dam hard, as the SAS require a special Elite mind to carry out there missions and tasks.

lol

As for the 250 enemies.... they don't have to all be on screen at once... what do you think spawning is for people?! biggrin_o.gif

Take a look at this mission by Sengir from WWIIEC to see what I mean about constant charging of enemies... trust me you'll like wink_o.gif

I hope this is the sort of thing you're after sysdevja.

http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/download.php?view.137

sim

Nice man, thanks been looking for this! ill get right on it!

Thanks

J.Allsopp

I just downloaded 32mb of video for 25 seconds of watching HYKs infantry run about someone elses island confused_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I just downloaded 32mb of video for 25 seconds of watching HYKs infantry run about someone elses island  confused_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Wow - then i can't wait for what 'spot the sniper' brings wow_o.gif

~S~ CD

It is great that someone focuses on the SAS regiments mission...I'm looking forward of playing the Mirbat battle...btw are u going to include that big Howitzer that Labalaba used? cuz that would be a lot of fun pistols.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I just downloaded 32mb of video for 25 seconds of watching HYKs infantry run about someone elses island  

As i did mention we wont use our own stuff always and i did quote on the reply i give credit to HYK and the map creator

(Next video post will be our work)

Quote[/b] ]I'm looking forward of playing the Mirbat battle...btw are u going to include that big Howitzer that Labalaba used?

How could we not include mirbat lol and the defending of the BATT house and small fort infront of the town :P. 9 SAS man vs 250 rebel soldiers were a lion of a man used the howitzer which usauly maned by 3, fought off the rebals (question is can you do the same?) Thats how the SAS made history :P

Heres spot the sniper :P

http://photobucket.com/albums....d-2.jpg

Enjoy smile_o.gif ill post one up every 3 days:P

Know were he is, post here:

http://solarsystemstudios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=280#280

=========Job Position======

Already i have 3 skilled team members,

Animator & character modeller

Objects and Buildings modeller

Enviromental Artist and Modeller and production

And myself

We are looking for some good texture artists to help skin some of our models so we can get them ingame.

I can tell you theres work being on absail and climbing animation and SAS Halo Units (fully geared and weighed down :P)

If you would like to apply please contact myself at

SFAllsopp@hotmail.com

note: you can apply for other positions if you would like

Thank you for reading

J.Allsopp

How are you getting with understanding the configurations? That´s going to be your biggest headeach, lol.

This mod is welcome by me, I´m really interested in the SAS, and it would be nice to see that going thought ok. Maybe "Virtual SAS" could come back to life? whistle.gif hint, hint, any one?

If I had the time I could hellp with the research, but I don´t have much time for OFP due to RL, but maybe... Dunno, I supose what I should really do is give my Spanish compatriots a hand with their mod. Now saying that, I have quite a lot of material, wich, veridic or ficticious, could be really handy for you, but you may own most of that info.

Regards.

@CERO