Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

American Civil War Mod v.1.2 released.

Thanx Artak and Jdb for helping out.

Just a question thats a bit off topic but how do you folks find the new Arma?.

I personally think it's great but I'm playing 1.06 and I know the European guys dont have the new patch yet. I've got together a couple of Arma missions and have been looking into the new scripting commands but thats about as far as I've got.

Please dont turn this into a totally off topic thread.

Now back on topic.......

Hopefully with the new Unified patch they will release some tools..I'm really hopeing too get visitor2 and O2 as well too get some units converted. We'll see how it goes.

When you guys get the new patch look for "bigus client server" or "Civil War mod Server" too play on.

Its a client server obviously but I'm getting 1m up which should be good enough for at least 24 people.

stonewall

Are you all moving to ArmA?

There is a fella on OFP.Info's forum that is making a better horse.

wink_o.gif

The revolvers fire to slow. even if you have percussion cap you can still give off a few fast shots. Trust me

some more in the resistance group would be cool like a Sheriff and more towns people. don't forget some carvery after the war (like the cowboy hats)

I've gotta try this! is there a video link?

Cant find horses or wagons.

I suspect I am being thick.

Hi

I have downloaed and installed til cwmod 2. I still cant find the cavalry and horses

Did you ever get and answer to your post. If yes i would love

to get the information how you solved.

Best Regards

Jesper

A dane insane

Hi everybody - COULD/WOULD SOMEBODY HELP AN AGING OFPFAN AND NEWBEE IN THE CWMOD-UNIVERSE huh.gif?huh.gif

I have installed the new version of the CWMOD. Couldnt find the horses and cavalry that I so longed for. Reinstalled the mod - which seem to work OK. The necessesary addons seem to be in the CWMOD-addon folder. But they donT show up in any of the missions coming with the Mod itself.

Maybe thise missions dont use the addons I thought?huh.gif?huh.gif??

I have searched and downloaded several SPmissions, that I have been mentioned in this thread BUT STILL

NO HORSES OR CAVALRY - WHAT DO I DO WRONG huh.gif?huh.gifhelp.gif

Any suggestions would really be appriciated - I need to see the blo............. horses and horsemen

Best Regards from

Jesper

help.gif  sad_o.gif  pistols.gif

Hi everybody - COULD/WOULD SOMEBODY HELP AN AGING OFPFAN AND NEWBEE IN THE CWMOD-UNIVERSE huh.gif?huh.gif

I have installed the new version of the CWMOD. Couldnt find the horses and cavalry that I so longed for. Reinstalled the mod - which seem to work OK. The necessesary addons seem to be in the CWMOD-addon folder. But they donT show up in any of the missions coming with the Mod itself.

Maybe thise missions dont use the addons I thought?huh.gif?huh.gif??

I have searched and downloaded several SPmissions, that I have been mentioned in this thread BUT STILL

NO HORSES OR CAVALRY - WHAT DO I DO WRONG huh.gif?huh.gifhelp.gif

Any suggestions would really be appriciated - I need to see the blo............. horses and horsemen

Best Regards from

Jesper

Hi!

That only means the missions don't contain cavalry. The mod does. Mission makers tend to avoid using the cavalry, since they certainly are far from being perfect, and having larger amounts of AI horsemen slow the game down like hell.

Not that many people making missions for CWMOD anyway, or at least sharing them. You might want to play around with the cavalry units in the Mission Editor.

Hi!

That only means the missions don't contain cavalry. The mod does. Mission makers tend to avoid using the cavalry, since they certainly are far from being perfect, and having larger amounts of AI horsemen slow the game down like hell.

Not that many people making missions for CWMOD anyway, or at least sharing them. You might want to play around with the cavalry units in the Mission Editor.

biggrin_o.gif

Hi! Thanks a lot for taking your time to help me out. I have been away for a few weeks, so I havent seen your post until today - sorry.

You wouldnt by chance know a mission that includes cavalry -

well you would probably have done it

Anyway - thanks a lot. It is much appriciated notworthy.gif

I have some very nice looking optics for the muskets and the handguns as well...they would fit in perfectly and look so much better than current ones...but since I am a total noob in modding I have no clue as how to get them into the game.

this is rubbish, i got no sound and the models are all fucked up. i hate my computer goodnight.gif

Well, instead of being an insensitive ass, you could've posted a link or maybe the post that said something. Hell, even a page number. huh.gif

If you still need the info, Holt, I'll get it. wink_o.gif

Well, instead of being an insensitive ass, you could've posted a link or maybe the post that said something. Hell, even a page number. huh.gif

If you still need the info, Holt, I'll get it.   wink_o.gif

nuff said.

stonewall

Yankee's pa!

As a long time civil war miniatures gamer, this mod rocks.

Sorry my bad english, but I have some questions..

1) After few-hours playing with this mod - can't understand how I can force my soldiers to fire with their rifles? In some missions (from the mod-package) my squad just stays with guns in their hands in front of the enemy and doesn't make any attempts to shoot. They have orders to "fire at will" as well. It looks like they're armed with melee weapon (bayonets) and aren't able to switch into the "shooting mode" or something... Menu command "Order: Fix/Remove bayonets" doesn't helps...

2) Where can download some additional missions (perhaps, campaigns?) for this mod? If they're exist. Except of the ones, that came with the mod and Gettysburg Day 1 campaign.

Amateur-

I tried getting Gettysburg-The_First_Day.rar from the link you posted but both links came up 404 error.

if its under 2mb, could you email me a copy to try?

leondus2000@yahoo,com

I do have a few scenarios from this set of wargaming rules

http://www.theminiaturespage.com/rules/acw/bab.html

that could be converted over to this mod.

But sadly, I'm still working on two other mods at this time crazy_o.gif

Hey guys - you still playing this great MOD? I do but I crave for some MP action - what about doing a match next weekend on saturday aroung 18:00 (GMT +1)?

Who is interrested?

I finally found some time to figure out how to make custom optics - I already did two one for the Colt Army 1960 and the other one for the Remington New Army 1858.

Let me know what you think.

The Colt Army:

coltpicos0.th.jpg

The Remington New Army:

rempicna1.th.jpg

and the new optic for the Springfield Rifle Musket:

springfieldpicgs4.th.jpg

(I might do another one for the Sharps Rifle but I am still unsure about that).