Sign in to follow this  
AtStWalker

Sdkfz 302 Goliath Released !

Hi !

Berlin1945 team has released tonight a Sdkfz 302 Goliath !

The Goliath was a ww2 German Sdkfz 302 "Goliath" Expendable Remote-Controlled Tracked Demolition Charge, a small carriage, able to transport explosive to a target.

U can R/C it via tactical map and u can detonate the explosive charge using the action menu

Moreover, i'm glad to present 2 new team members, Mark and Klavan, are both mission makers and scripters smile_o.gif !

Mark has taken ingame a videoclip about the Sdkfz 302 Goliath, u can download it here:

Mpg (8.6 Mb): Here

Divx 6.0 (5.6 Mb): Here

Quote[/b] ]

>In the Rar archive u can found a tutorial/mission !<

This addon use scripts made by Klavan. For using the Goliath in a custom mission you must add in the init field of Goliath this row:

this addaction [""Control Goliath"",""\B45goliath\Scripts\Control.sqs""]

Ingame, move to the Goliath and select "Control Goliath" from the Action menu, after open the tactical map and click over a part of the map to move it. To detonate the Goliath use the "Detonate Goliath" action on Action menu.

Remember ! :

- You cannot control the Goliath if it's part of group.

- You must be within 500 meters from the Goliath to control and detonate it.

You can download the addon Here

And now some screenshots:

screen_goliath_2.jpg

screen_goliath_1.jpg

screen_goliath_3.jpg

Credits:

Klavan (R/C and Detonate scripts); Voyager (3d model replacing script); Mark, Burner and Shumann (beta testers)

That's all Folks !

At smile_o.gif

Awesome little addon, I did not to expect this in any game. Very nice quality, cannot wait to see more from Be45!

Apparently, the US didn`t get what the thing was for rofl.gif

Great job!

Why is the shape so different than in the picture?

Tnx smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Why is the shape so different than in the picture?

Because our version is a Sdkfz 302, the US GI ride in the photo on a Sdkfz 303 smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

An early version was driven by two electric motors and carried a 60-kilogram explosive charge. This was designated the Leichter Ladungsträger (light demolition carrier) SdKfz 302 E-Motor (electric engine) and known as Gerät 67 (Device 67). Between April 1942 and January 1944 Borgward and Zündapp produced 2650 vehicles of this type. However, only a few E-Motor Goliaths ever saw action, as the vehicle was quite expensive at 3000 Reichsmarks. In March 1945 there were still 2527 E-Motor Goliaths waiting for action.

The E-Motor Goliaths were successfully used at Sevastopol, where they destroyed 36 bunkers and 11 guns.

Zündapp and Zachertz built a successor to the E-Motor Goliath with a combustion engine. It was designated the Leichter Ladungsträger SdKfz 303 V-Motor. Its first version was SdKfz 303a (Gerät 671), of which 4604 were built between April 1943 and September 1944. The explosive charge had been increased to 75 kg. SdKfz 303a was slightly higher than SdKfz 302 due to an air-intake cowl.

They look very nice , can't wait to try em out.

I hope some of the real ones found their way into a museum. With that many made, I can't help thinking a few were brought home for play toy's - the explosives of course smile_o.gif

Probably all destroyed sad_o.gif

Great...just had a test run with it.

I bet they will come quite handy in MP-Missions (hard to spot due to the low profile)...thanks for this addon notworthy.gif

I hope some of the real ones found their way into a museum. With that many made, I can't help thinking a few were brought home for play toy's - the explosives of course smile_o.gif

No, not all were destroyed, Thunder Bunny...

p><p>I took the pic this summer, and it looked quite real, so I assume it

And for the Berlin1945 team, I'm sure this'll be fun... alt='pistols.gif'>

Tnx all smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

p><p>I took the pic this summer, and it looked quite real, so I assume it

Wow beautiful pic BlackScorpion http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/inlove.gif' alt='inlove.gif'>

Quote[/b] ]

I bet they will come quite handy in MP-Missions (hard to spot due to the low profile)

Oh yeah LennyD, u can found these values on the cpp smile_o.gif

--

camouflage=0.5; // how dificult to spot - bigger - better spotable

audible=0.5; // audible - bigger - better heard

accuracy=0.20;

--

there is one in a tankmuseum not far from me biggrin_o.gif

edit:

heres a couple of pics

gOLIATH-1.JPG

Goliath-3.JPG

Made an interesting mission of being a russian private in the eastern front. Well, the russians found some of those things, but apparently couldn't work out how to use 'em unmanned. Well no problems here, just hop in the back, drive into the german base and BOOM!

Does quite an explosion for such a small thing! Got myself blown up several times while testing "I guess it's far enough now..."

Wow! Just realised the potential of this addon for modern warfare too! Insert a camera script and a shotgun, voila, we have a bomb-defusal-robot! Quite fun in MP A&D too. Could make a game where players sit in a bunker from where they are not allowed to leave and then the bunkers have nice lil' windows into a "Goliath arena" where the goliaths fight each other, controlled by players. Gonna be a big boom, maybe with 5 goliaths per player or something... pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]Does quite an explosion for such a small thing! Got myself blown up several times while testing "I guess it's far enough now..."

Eh! The Goliath carried up to 100 KGs of TNT in reality. To make the explosion usefull for destroing/damaging tanks I camcreated a LGB......So the player must be sure to stay away enough from it if he doesn't want to reach the sky...... smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quite fun in MP A&D too......

I'm not sure it's MP compatible. The scripts uses some global variables and I'm not skilled about MP editing. icon_rolleyes.gif

Klavan

Any news about the rest of waiting addons, like the Bren carrier, the m3 with 75mm canon, the katiuska, and the matrose soldiers.

thanks, news or screens.

Pd: now i will destroy several su-85 with the new toy smile_o.gif

When I try the demo mission, I get an hint saying 'you cannot control the Goliath when it is in your group' when I select 'control goliath'. I havn't edited the mission at all, and i'm not in the goliaths group.

Any idea how to fix this? huh.gif

Beautiful pics guys, thank you.

I have a WWII dvd that shows a GI riding one these like an ATV smile_o.gif

I wonder how the nazis justified making so many of these when handheld AT weapons were so much cheaper.

Being a bunker buster seems like a good enough reason I guess smile_o.gif

Well, to destroy a tank with a hand held AT weapon, first you need to get into the range, which usually puts you into danger. When using a radio controlled thing like Goliath, it's much easier, you only need a visual contact or a spotter. And the Goliath is quite fast and quite hard to destroy, as the whole thing is armoured. And 100 kg's of TNT exploding will rip open nearly every armored vehicle the enemy has... tounge2.gif

If you get what I mean... wink_o.gif

Imagine a couple of american scouts:

"Um... Is that a tank?"

"Yeah, I guess it's a tank. But there's something strange in it."

"How far is it?"

"Well considering it's size, propably 500 meters. But hey, it's rolling towards us at the road 20 meters that way!"

"Don't worry, it doesn't have a turret."

"Ha ha, what the heck is that? A mini-tank?"

"Maybe it has mini-Jerries inside!"

"Yeah, ha ha..."

BOOM!

Quote[/b] ]

PEPE

Any news about the rest of waiting addons, like the Bren carrier, the m3 with 75mm canon, the katiuska, and the matrose soldiers.

We've a Kriegsmarine pack under costruction (german sailors armed with a K98 made by my friend Michael) smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

When I try the demo mission, I get an hint saying 'you cannot control the Goliath when it is in your group' when I select 'control goliath'. I havn't edited the mission at all, and i'm not in the goliaths group.

Any idea how to fix this? huh.gif

I'm afraid for the late reply, i was away confused_o.gif maybe Klavan know the cause, i will ask him, stay tuned please smile_o.gif tnx

I cannot control a Tiger with this script!

banghead.gif

@Greg147

Sorry for the late in aswering.

Did you resolved the poblem?

Be sure you map is clear from any other frendly units and that the Goliath isn't linked with any other unit (player icluded).

Any other encountered the same problem?

@Dynamite_Cow

The script checks the unit class and doesn't work with any other kind of vehicle apart the Goliath.

Klavan