Sign in to follow this  
wenker

Joysticks...??

I ahve been playing ofp since the beginning. but as i was looking through the controls today it says that my rudder is keymapped to the z-axis... what is the z-axis? I never even realized ofp had rudder support. is the ofp rudder support a real rudder? where you only go left or right, and you do not do a spin.. or dive? ALso does ofp support force feedback? I have breen playing ofp for so long and i never even thought of half of this stuff... thanks guys please post!!!!

you need a 3d joystick with a twist handle or one with some other form of rudder controls ..other than that use the delete and end keys on your keybord or x and c i think are the others

To answer the second question, yes, OFP does support Force Feedback joysticks, provided they are recognized by DirectX.

if i am using my joystick, for some reason i can not use the rudders on the key board. like they wont work unless is hit like "s" or "w" first. anyone else have that problem?

if i am using my joystick, for some reason i can not use the rudders on the key board. like they wont work unless is hit like "s" or "w" first. anyone else have that problem?

not sure i never noticed .

although when using a joystick you cant use the auto hover action

unless you leave loose of the stick and press a keyboard control then it will kick in and work ..which is kind of similar

I`m playing OFP with an Saitek X52, works perfect.

When you use an joystick in OFP, some helpfull things are disabled.

The helicopter will no longer keep it`s hight automaticly, you have to use the throttle to hold the helicopter in the air. The use of an joystick makes helicopter flying much more realistic. What means, if you do not keep your eyes on your instruments and hud, and your hands on the controls, you will get killed without an enemy shot.

The use of an joystick makes helicopter flying much more realistic. What means, if you do not keep your eyes on your instruments and hud, and your hands on the controls, you will get killed without an enemy shot.

And that's the reason I only fly with stick in OFP!

You miss so much when flying helicopters and planes just with mouse and keyboard.... boring.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Had Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 for few years now and yet it has never failed me (the only MS-made thing that hasn't). It's like their vacuum cleaners, if they ever start making them.

I just love hovering above the enemy, at around 1 feet, and chewing them pistols.gif ... or other fun stuff. Like parking a chopper into a garage etc., or just flying over the hills and far away. biggrin_o.gif

Like Lee said, you guys without a joystick are missing so much.

does anybody know how to reverse the throttle on the joystick

as mine is mapped with up going down i would like to reverse it but it does not seem possible in the config unleess i have missed something

is there any way to turn the joystick senetivity down on a joystick? i do not havea force feedback but iam looking to get the 52x flight system this month..will the force ffed back eliminate the touchyness when fly planes? my joystick is super touchy and it makes it super hard to fly smooth, and use your machine guns, sometimes even side winders (especially on the f-14s, i can't hit shit.)

I`m playing OFP with an Saitek X52, works perfect.

Do you have a profile you could share? Or hints on how to set the x52 up? I just purchased one, and would like to use it (obviously).

It`s like an miracle, but the Saitek X52 works for OFP without a profile. You only have to enable the joystick in the options menu.

All buttons and axis are managed thru directx.

Edit:

@ Wenker

The Saitek X52 is no Force Feedback Joystick.

And that's the reason I only fly with stick in OFP!

You miss so much when flying helicopters and planes just with mouse and keyboard.... boring.

Ditto. I'm flying with an old MS Precision Pro for already a couple of years, the third axis is getting overused and unprecise slowly, but who cares smile_o.gif

Flying with the joystick is still the best thing in OFP's aviation.

is there any way to turn the joystick senetivity down on a joystick? i do not havea force feedback but iam looking to get the 52x flight system this month..will the force ffed back eliminate the touchyness when fly planes? my joystick is super touchy and it makes it super hard to fly smooth, and use your machine guns, sometimes even side winders (especially on the f-14s, i can't hit shit.)

you should be able to do stuff like that in your joystick software if it has any or in the control panel game controllers bit depending on your joystick

Does anybody know how i can reverse the throttle controll on my joystick. I cant stand it, it goes down when i want to go up. I know it may be how a collective works in a chopper but I just have a small lever on the side of the joystick and im too used to flying choppers in another game which i wont mention, the conversion rom down to up is too hard.

so if anybody could simply tell me how to switch the throttle axis from within flashpoint or with a small edit or somthing I would be most gratefull as i cannot find out how.

its anoying becase you can change the other axis just not the throttle one

sorry for starting a new thread placebo it was i admit a waste of thread.

What joystick do you have, was there any software delivered with it?

Thrustmaster topgun afterburner II has software where you can specify individual controls for every game you have!

What joystick do you have, was there any software delivered with it?

no its quite an old microsoft sidewinder and they dont support it anymore with any interface software the drivers load automatically when its pluged in and there is no configuration part in control panel except basic setup.

i guess i have to try to reverse my mind when im going up and down

thanks

i have decided to make a throttle reversing thingy with bits of lego until i can afford a new joystick

I have no idea how to reverse an axis if it`s not supported by the game or the drivers. A newer joystick may help. huh.gif

Thrustmaster topgun afterburner II has software where you can specify  individual controls for every game you have!

With this stick(software) you can reverse throttle for games of your choice!

Thrustmaster topgun afterburner II has software where you can specify  individual controls for every game you have!

With this stick(software) you can reverse throttle for games of your choice!

thnakyou theres one of those in a second hand shop down the road i will go and buy it

thanks for that my collective problem will be sorted

I also have a reversed throttle problem. For planes, the throttle is correct (forward increases throttle, back cuts it). For choppers, it's reversed.

Is there a way to reverse the axis for choppers or is it a known bug that can't be fixed?

I've got a saitek X45, like the X52, works like a dream in OFP by default! wow_o.gif

Flying Choppers and jets is much more fun in OFP with sticks!