Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

just looked at the anim video and im really impressed thumbs-up.gif

the crouch walking is abit strange, think you need some really strong legs to walk like that

but isnt the explosion from the nade a little big?

everything in this game is great so i cant wait to play it

yup those animations are nice but they still need some work..

they are almost there.

The running to prone and standing to prone animations look great. notworthy.gif

The running animation looks a bit funny and some of the walking animations look a little stiff, but, as it has been stated many times it is WIP.

oh man ... no finger animation... don't you have anything better to do , than nitpicking over such tiny things

It can easily be done by setobjecttexture command.

Hell i am a realism fanatic myself , but i think you can exaturate the nitpicking.

These animations look very lifelike. Congrats , the best ive actually seen in games so far. only the prone movement seems a bit fast and hyperactive

i hope bis do some animations on the weapons  for ex the reload animation and the bullets for the machine guns to move.

Also there are some weapons who need new textures like the ak 47,that gun as a very ugly texture, i can not say the same from the m4 cause as a very good texture.

the sonds also need to be work they look like the same sonds from ofp like for ex the bullets hiting  the enemy.

bisides thats the game looks very good hope my pc runs it

impressive! the anim when he goes to prone position is the best ive ever seen.

still waiting improvements in explosions.

i hope bis do some animations on the weapons  for ex the reload animation and the bullets for the machine guns to move.

Also there are some weapons who need new textures like the ak 47,that gun as a very ugly texture, i can not say the same from the m4 cause as a very good texture.

the sonds also need to be work they look like the same sonds from ofp like for ex the bullets hiting  the enemy.

bisides thats the game looks very good hope my pc runs it

What AK-47? And all the weapons I've seen have great textures.

the arma ak47 looks like the ofp ak very bad disign (in fps) thats what i think

oh man ... no finger animation... don't you have anything better to do , than nitpicking over such tiny things

Hell i am a realism fanatic myself , but i think you can exaturate the nitpicking.

These animations look very lifelike. Congrats , the best ive actually seen in games so far. only the prone movement seems a bit fast and hyperactive

If you call that nitpicking listen to this one:

Picture From is spelled Form for some reason in the blue sentence.

smile_o.gif

EDIT: Anyone else think that the grenade explosion in the video is a bit too big?

I get "under construction" in both IE and Firefox. firefoxlover.gif

The anim vid looks great.

I get "under construction" in both IE and Firefox.  firefoxlover.gif

The anim vid looks great.

Ditto, unfortunately.

EDIT: Anyone else think that the grenade explosion in the video is a bit too big?

Way too big to be honest. Fragmentation grenades make only a small puff. Current explosion effect looks more like 81mm mortar shell hitting ground.

-Ziggy- @ Sep. 20 2006,04:01)]its strange, others have told me that too, but it works for me every time --->Firefox browser  whistle.gif

Worked for me  ---> Intenet Explorer  whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]oh crap, a double post

--->Firefox browser  tounge2.gif

I had trouble running the vid though as did others. This is usually a compression issue. Right click and save as then run from your pc. This solves that!  tounge2.gif

Yep the best CQB I've seen in a BIS game so far! The city streets are nicely done too! I see lots of CQB potential now in ArmA!   notworthy.gif   smile_o.gif

Yep the best CQB I've seen in a BIS game so far! The city streets are nicely done too! I see lots of CQB potential now in ArmA! notworthy.gifsmile_o.gif

Agree.

Though in the videos we don't see massive guerrilla fights..

.. maybe we could see them soon, yeah? wink_o.gif

I would like to see if we would lag in those massive CQB in the citys..

we have seen the testvideo that showed us the 100 tanks battle but it was in the desert.

How would the game handle in terms of lag with those massive CQB in citys?

If you call that nitpicking listen to this one:

Picture From is spelled Form for some reason in the blue sentence.

smile_o.gif

yeah thats even more nitpicking biggrin_o.gif but that is easy to fix, but i think its sad that they have fixed the command setdammage cus thats flashpoint and its a nice spelling error with some feeling

about explosion said it erlier that its to big but maybe it looks like that in the sand, but an older video when a man fires a 203 from the hotel roof(i think) the explosion is as big as this

about the finger i say like Younger Brother in there song Finger

it is like a finger that points to the moon dont look at the finger or you all miss all the heavenly glory

cus the rest is beutiful