Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I wounder who's that little red devil running back and fowards like a maniac... icon_rolleyes.gif

I’m sure BIS have something big up their sleeves, after all it’s been extremely quiet of late, no new information since E3. This forum has gotten to a state of regurgitating past questions, the buzz has been slightly toned down.

Guest Ti0n3r

I think this is new info.

Quote[/b] ]During campaign missions, changing battlefield situation may cause mission objectives to change in mid-mission. The player is alerted via a text message if this happens, very similar to actual combat ops.

I think this is new info.
Quote[/b] ]During campaign missions, changing battlefield situation may cause mission objectives to change in mid-mission. The player is alerted via a text message if this happens, very similar to actual combat ops.

That is probably partly scripted though, you know, if a certain person dies objective X becomes objective Y, i dont think its truly dynamic, thats for Game2 wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The player is alerted via a text message if this happens, very similar to actual combat ops.

Will we have to download a new text alert tone from jamster for that?

Guest Ti0n3r

2 random pics whistle.gif

armed_assault_14.jpgarmed_assault_15.jpg

Those screens seem to be taken from the video, and what im posting here is because of the compression, but ill post it before anyone notices it and starts screaming that BIS needs to fix something else:

armedassault142jv.jpg

Dont be afraid, BIS werent looking at a mondriaan when they were making the smoke effects, its because of the video compression these pics were taken from! relax!  wink_o.gif

And if it isnt because of the vid compression, they are working on it, shut up!  wink_o.gif

Anyway, it seems that they still have that XM1772 thing ingame, i wonder if they gave it to other units, or that hes playing with a crew unit? smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

The first pic is 'new', but I don't know about the second one. Oh btw, it looks like they attached physics to that wall O_O

Those screens seem to be taken from the video, and what im posting here is because of the compression, but ill post it before anyone notices it and starts screaming that BIS needs to fix something else:

[imgtp://i.us/img123/3711/armedassault142jv.jpg[/img]

Dont be afraid, BIS werent looking at a mondriaan when they were making the smoke effects, its because of the video compression these pics were taken from! relax! wink_o.gif

And if it isnt because of the vid compression, they are working on it, shut up! wink_o.gif

Anyway, it seems that they still have that XM1772 thing ingame, i wonder if they gave it to other units, or that hes playing with a crew unit? smile_o.gif

Will you please shut up yourself, if people want to debate in an orderly manor ,things they spot , they will,. there are plenty of moderators in this forum without wannabes. you are a hypocrit . nobody else can spot things except you . pls give it a rest , your becoming worse than the people your complaining about.

back on topic , never seen the pics before i saw them on arma files. dont remeber from the vids either. looking good tho.

i`m a self confessed hypocrit, but i know that .

Oh btw, it looks like they attached physics to that wall O_O

Nah, they still fall sideways, and as you can see, the first part of the wall falls trough the tank smile_o.gif

@Deanos, i dont feel like a wannabe mod, i just hate to read trough 4 pages of useless speculation about smoke/fingers/flying soldier/whatever to read actual usefull parts of info, and yeah, im a hypocrit, but i dont care  smile_o.gif

EDIT: But please explain the

Quote[/b] ]nobody else can spot things except you

part, i really dont get that tounge2.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Oh btw, it looks like they attached physics to that wall O_O

Nah, they still fall sideways, and as you can see, the first part of the wall falls trough the tank smile_o.gif

Nah come on, that's a bit too 2001'ish xmas_o.gif

... wink_o.gif

Anyway, it seems that they still have that XM1772 thing ingame,

I was hoping that we’d see more modern weapons, for instance a P90 for tank crews, at least a bit more verity as opposed to the AR15 family of weapons. confused_o.gif

Nah,those screenshots are probably old old OLD,unless their workin on some new stuff...wait..the arbams wasn't that clean on the rear at first..hmm,ah well.

It is rather interesting And it is possible they are trying physics but having a bit of trouble with it,I can't say I'v driven a vehicle under the gas station in OFP:E when its falling apart,so I can't say for sure if objects go through the vehicle or not... Unless these walls are scripted to fall in a different direction,which wouldn't really make any sense.. Its rather hard to tell....But I would venture very early image,little camo on the abrams and no 50cal like we saw in the video.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/armaofpcde5.jpg

Then again there are the more complicated shadows,its hard to say,before anything jumps onto me for say...bitching about WIP,its not bitching,more or less speculaiton of time the image was taken,I have not put any 'omfg they need to fix that' or anything,mostly theory and speculation.

And let us not forget,not everything we see if brand new,remember the images with the tank shine that brought alot of bitching was released around....what..February? And then they explained it was a Dec screenshot.

Unless these walls are scripted to fall in a different direction,which wouldn't really make any sense

The first part that falls trough the tank isnt a wall, its a pillar-kind-of-thing. So if the island-editor(accidentally) turned the thing 180 degrees it would fall the other way, which wouldnt be surprising, as it (probably) looks the same from all 4 directions smile_o.gif

EDIT: And good spotting on the tank, then it probably is an old shot smile_o.gif

(Although i dont expect new physics on the wall, AFAIK BIS never promised big improvement on the physics)

Thanks,who knows,there could be alot of things they aren't telling us,wouldn't be the first time wink_o.gif I'm not sure but I don't remember BIS saying that there would be new shadow effects and normal maps and things of that nature.

I'm willing to venture that image or video was out before or just after OFP:E,probably when they were first working on the abrams and only the turret had camo,let alone much else.

Concidering that,if the wall does indeed have a physics attachment then either they did away with it,or they are simply hiding it from us,remember how they used to do that with the blackhawks? Carefully show us only one side until one day we got a head on shot that clearly showed both? Perhaps it may be the same thing,I suppose we'll never know when it comes to BIS,their good at secrecy.

,remember how they used to do that with the blackhawks? Carefully show us only one side until one day we got a head on shot that clearly showed both?

I believe they didnt finished the engine changes on the mulitple gunners back then, it still had bug(s) in the last vid smile_o.gif

I was hoping that we’d see more modern weapons, for instance a P90 for tank crews, at least a bit more verity as opposed to the AR15 family of weapons. confused_o.gif

The new MP7 was developed for crewmember, which are not actualy at fight smile_o.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP7

'The MP7 is marketed as a direct competitor to the FN P90'

-> but it would be great, if there exist a FN P 90, too biggrin_o.gif

telejunky

,remember how they used to do that with the blackhawks? Carefully show us only one side until one day we got a head on shot that clearly showed both?

I believe they didnt finished the engine changes on the mulitple gunners back then, it still had bug(s) in the last vid smile_o.gif

Good point,then perhaps the blackhawk image was simply to silence the communities speculation of that? Or maybe the video or gameplay given access to outdates that than what was truly happening? Hmm...

I'm gonna review the video again,provided I have it x.x

The new MP7 was developed for crewmember, which are not actualy at fight smile_o.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP7

'The MP7 is marketed as a direct competitor to the FN P90'

-> but it would be great, if there exist a FN P 90, too biggrin_o.gif

telejunky

I believe neither of these are actually in service.

I believe neither of these are actually in service.

I dont know the FN P90 are actually in military service (but many police and internal affairs unit using it), the HK MP7A1 in use by the german army:

08a0f76a.jpg

Guest Ti0n3r

Come on, don't even try to get it to leak out.