Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

I'm hoping shotguns. Lots of shotguns. As its confirmed that the M24 will be in the game, this would mean that BIS has perfected between-shot reloading animations. Which makes pump-shotguns a real possibility (not saying that they weren't already in OFP, just that they'd be easier). Although theyed be pretty much useless past 100m (unless your using a rifled slug) they would be great for urban combat - and face it, who hasn't thought, after seeing the new walking-gun-holding-diagonally animations hasn't envisioned holding a remington 870 in game? It'd just look cool. pistols.gif

Im hopeing for destructable buildings as shown in the one VBS trailer. Obviouslly it probly wouldn't be the lego houses of Game2... but still would be a lot better then what we have now, and make the game a lot more fun. And since it IS possible, it just might find its way into ArmA

Also, the abbility to walk around freely on aircraft, transports, and shoot out of hatches. Again, also from the VBS trailers.

I think if these features were added ArmA would be one hell of a great game. And with better collision detection, destructable buildings would be a great addon, since people might actually go inside now

ya that would be an awsome feature to have a tank run into the side of a building and then have the soldiers enter threw the destroyed area of the building

Didn't read the older posts, so sorry if I'm repetitive.

Just a quick idea: it would be really good if script development was improved. It is really annoying when you have some error, but don't have a clue where to search for it. For example you misspell a variable and after that you can lose hours of time just to find where you made the mistake. So I'd really like something like a debug environment (a basic version like in development environments like in C or Delphi etc.). I think that should really shorten the development time for scripters.

When snipers goes in pairs to the woods/field one of them is the "range man", the other is the shooter.

barrett50sniperteam360.jpg08227ae0.jpg

Would be nice to make all of this as real as possible and not having a single simple sniper unit.

The range man would support the sniper as they do in real life.

Using only a scope to guide and support and having also camo uniforms.

would be nice if the sniper units (single/pairs) be improved.

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>War Hand Signals</span>

In every war hand signals were used so it would be nice if arma also have.

Would be nice to have hand signals programed in ARMA using simple single keys.

There are lots of keys that were not used in OFP so they could be used in ARMA suck as the key numbers.

hand_signals01.jpg

hand_signals02.jpg

I know these are lots of hand signals but would be nice if the most used ones were implemented such as:

-> Advance

-> Halt

-> Enemy Contact (open hand and close hand (get pos))

-> Cease Fire

make this a yes feature. smile_o.gif

i hope they include the ability to fire RPG's stood up. would mean insurgents and such would look more realistic.

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>War Hand Signals</span>

In every war hand signals were used so it would be nice if arma also have.

I know these are lots of hand signals but would be nice if the most used ones were implemented such as:

-> Advance

-> Halt

-> Enemy Contact (open hand and close hand (get pos))

-> Cease Fire

make this a yes feature. smile_o.gif

Yes handsignals are used in reallife... now let's remeber that ArmA is computergame. I can't think that these handsignals would be readible most off the time. In real life they are, but my experience of OFP is that i lack many levels of awareness. there are many "hints" that focus our attention to certain thing in reallife that computer can't send me. effect of handsignals bases on these "hints". How do i know handsignals are used at this precise moment? i might be looking to other direction? at this point, in reallife, man near me would give me a hint by calling my name or doing something else....

Does all squadmembers repeat this handsignal... in middle of combat? Or so that nobody but leader shows this signal... in middle of forrest and i'm in tail of formation? How to show this handsignal so that enemysoldier doesn't see leader's hand as he raises it above his head and then starts to wave it? I see just too many flaws in this. AI can't be made so aware of present that it could use these signals smartly in terms of situation.

It might give some sort immersion to ArmA, like ECP to OFP. But it isn't useful in terms of communication. In middle of firefight handsignals would pretty useless, there might be too many things blocking my line-of-sight to my leader. I won't have change to watch my leader.

Then again scouting missions with handsignals would be NICE! biggrin_o.gif

Hand signals could also send a "hint" text along with them to nearby units. They are designed for when you aren't detected or don't want to have your voice heard. They way you don't miss 'em in real life if the soldiers' attention is often on their leader and they establish eye contact. Most of a squad won't see the halt handsignal, but half of your squad halting and hitting the dirt shouldn't be that hard to miss.

The thing I'd like in ArmA above all else is provisions for a 24/7 dynamic online server environment, where a mission can go for weeks and weeks with GM-like intervention to create player and enemy slots on the fly, new missions and orders on the fly, and so on.

will these CTI MP mission have a commander that actually ahs authority over troops and can make mission plans that is clear to see to players, or will it be everyone running around doing there own thing again?

When snipers goes in pairs to the woods/field one of them is the "range man", the other is the shooter.

http://www.globalspecialoperations.com/photo36....360.jpg

Would be nice to make all of this as real as possible and not having a single simple sniper unit.

The range man would support the sniper as they do in real life.

Using only a scope to guide and support and having also camo uniforms.

would be nice if the sniper units (single/pairs) be improved.

And exactly what would you suggest they do to make this more realistic,this is a case of 'its up to the people,not the developers',if a sniper wants another person to acompany them then thats good and all but its not going to be something like you are a sniper and you automaticly come with an extra soldier with binoculars or something.

Same case with you TrevorOfCrete,people who believe in teamwork and such will listen to their commander,I remember I once played bf2 with some people and unlike most times I was a commander,I actually found myself talking quite a bit,a certain squad of five soldiers would talk to me over the mic and whatnot,they seemed like real team players because the squad leader would inform me of their location,situation,listen to my plans and so on,its nothing you can really force,its up to the person.

The idea you have Frederf is a good and yet bad one,what happens when you leave? What happens when you die? What happens when somebody comes in and screws up a mission that was based for a week or more?

Hand signals could also send a "hint" text along with them to nearby units. They are designed for when you aren't detected or don't want to have your voice heard. They way you don't miss 'em in real life if the soldiers' attention is often on their leader and they establish eye contact. Most of a squad won't see the halt handsignal, but half of your squad halting and hitting the dirt shouldn't be that hard to miss.

But ArmA is computergame. most of the times i don't even know, or care where my leader is: "It is just a dumb AI, it might as well get us killed than detect enemy." I find it boring to follow lead of AI in slavelike columns and such. I rush away from formation, move as a pointman... things like that.

If they hit the ground, they are following leader's example. That doesn't need handsignals, just leader to hit the ground and rest will follow. Using handsignals might expose leader to enemy eyes and fire for 1-3 seconds (Halt needs many seconds of holding hand up, else others might think that leader ment doupletime or assemble). Reallife experience is that leader has to takecare that men behind him are repeating his signal and that signal is right, as many of them are very similar. Or then leader has to show signals with harsh overacting, leader might use doupletime so that it raises it's hand 4-7 times fastly to make sure that message is clear. How AI does those as AI isn't creative?. And how does player determe signal right with with minimum resolution. Computerscreen isn't accurate as human eye. Spoken orders can't be left out in any circumstances and they make handsignals obsolent. Human players in MP is different case, but using chat is faster than handsignal and it's more accurate (well mostly whistle.gif sometimes there might be messages like: "emnmenyt pstrroll N 5400" whistle.gifwhistle.gif )

When you're going prone there no way you could turn around fast on your belly. It's like you're lying on a spinning wheel. It should only be restricted to the upperbody, if you want to turn any further, you will have to use your legs, just like in rl.

This, or make turning on the ground slower then in is right now.

removing scope visions on rifles

it would be a nice feature if you can remoe the scope from your gun or add it, or perhaps even add it to another gun

smile_o.gif

removing scope visions on rifles

it would be a nice feature if you can remoe the scope from your gun or add it, or perhaps even add it to another gun

smile_o.gif

Agree!

this could also applys to the things i mentioned above about the snipers/"range man" subject wink_o.gif

is it possible to remove the scope and put it on another gun in RL? wouldent you have to shoot it in (not sure what its called) so the aim would be right?

To walk around freely on aircraft (and on transports in general) is still my greatest hope (besides a better A.I. that BIS is working on now due to the delayed release)

The Games is now delayed to Q4 and it should be enough time to get that implemented. I watched a VBS1 video some time ago with free movement on transports so basically it is there - just put it in ArmA.

EDIT:

I think it would even be a severe mistake not to implement free movement on moving transports because all the competitors on the market (BF, Joint Ops, etc.) already have it since quite some time.

i dont really see the point in moving around in a vehicle, like when i ride the bus i rl i sit down i dont move aroud, so if i were on the way to a battelfield i would sit down in the plane not running around looking out diffrent windows

I want RPG-29 (Vampyre) in this game. War in Lebanon proved its effectiveness. I want to give my Sahrani communist buddies a chance against Abrams. biggrin_o.gif

i dont really see the point in moving around in a vehicle, like when i ride the bus i rl i sit down i dont move aroud, so if i were on the way to a battelfield i would sit down in the plane not running around looking out diffrent windows

If i were on the way to a battelfield on a Truck and we were being attacked I would look out for cover and a good position to fire back.

If i were on the way to a battelfield in the back of a Blackhawk and we were being attacked I would move from position to position as the heli moves and turns to get a good spot to shoot back from.

This is what I do when I play Joint Ops - and it's really fun, so I *HOPE* it will be possible in ArmA.

gabgab, it's been confirmed in the latest interview that moving around in vehicles will NOT be included.

Edit: Let me phrase that better.

Moving around on vehicles be them wheeled, flying, whatever or shooting sounds like a rediculous encouragement for smacktardism and unsoldier like behavior.

What would be cool is sitting in the back of a BMP, 5ton whatever and selecting disembark and you actually see yourself get up and walk out the back (similar to GRAW). The only reason I could see for walking around in a vehicle is 82nd airborning from a C-5, but that could still be done with a GRAW like get up and leave animation.

Both my posts will have no effect then, as we know the answer.

Hope they change their mind about them..

Will we be able to communicate with hand signals?
There are no hand signals implemented in ArmA.
Will there be a possibility of adding attachments to the weapons in the gear selection menu or ingame, or will the community still have to make weapons with attachments already in place.
Removable weapon attachments are not a feature planned for ArmA.
Is the walking-in-vehicles even a planned feature? Will we be able to shoot from them even if we are fixed in them? (I.E. Drive-by shooting, using your weapon to shoot out of the vehicle, etc.)
These are not planned features for ArmA.

info source

EDIT: confused_o.gif Please make it happen. We aLL want them for sure.

Both my posts will have no effect then, as we know the answer.

Hope they change their mind about them..

Will we be able to communicate with hand signals?
There are no hand signals implemented in ArmA.
Will there be a possibility of adding attachments to the weapons in the gear selection menu or ingame, or will the community still have to make weapons with attachments already in place.
Removable weapon attachments are not a feature planned for ArmA.
Is the walking-in-vehicles even a planned feature? Will we be able to shoot from them even if we are fixed in them? (I.E. Drive-by shooting, using your weapon to shoot out of the vehicle, etc.)
These are not planned features for ArmA.

info source

EDIT:  confused_o.gif Please make it happen. We aLL want them for sure.

I will gladly live without those features if it means I can get the game sooner. All only moderately useful in my opinion. I mean, I sure as hell wouldn't complain if they WERE in, I just don't see them as absolutely dire to my enjoyment of the game.

dRb

Those three didn't seem too awful that they're out to me. I figure arm signals is mod territory not retail box (and something modders should do with ease). What would be nice is a scripting language that you could mod in your own on screen menus and such. The point isn't to do all the work that modders will do but to give them the tools and freedom to make those cool things that only appeal to 5% of the ArmA buying population.

OFP modders have already had configurable weapons but it wasn't that easy.

Shooting from vehicles is something that I doubt any modder will do.

i hope more stuff is integrated into the mission editor to save time for mission editors.  Like wavtolip,  that would be cool so the game makes it for you when you make a guy say a sound clip.   Also would be cool to have a script maker actually in the editor