Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

can anyone say hows the animation in recent systems (OFP.Elite, VBS1) about the climbing laders?

Old OFP in MP we can't see the other player climbing the lader as a natural way, he just goes up and down..

Will we be able to see the animation of arms and legs?

One of the neat things about the original OFP was that the islands were so big that every once in a while I'd find a part of an island that I'd never been to before. That's one of the things that I'm looking forward to in Armed Assault. Being able to see something new and different when I play, even after I've already completed the campaign.

The environments on the islands were beautiful in the original flashpoint, so sometimes I would just stop and take in the scenery. Unlike most other games, the worlds that BI makes do not feel like they were built around a game. It feels like the war was brought to the islands.

It's not just about fighting. It's about being able to look around and briefly forget that it's not the real world.

I hope that ArmA comes with another smallish desert / blank island like in the original. It was nice for testing out different waypoints and ideas as well as just looking at all the different user created units without having to load up one of the main islands.

Agree wholeheartedly. I also hope there's a program that checks for CS and BF2 on the player's hard drive, and kicks them out of multiplayer games and/or displays an abusive message if either are detected. nener.gif

Seriously, however, I want an editor AT LEAST as detailed as OFP:R's, and I want to community to remain strong and cranking out them addons.

I`d like to see two different difficulty settings in ArmA. First an easy setting (could even be a little "arcadish") for the new players and the guys who play very seldom. On the other side there should be a difficult setting like in the old OFP which simulates real warfare. No fancy HUD, no hopping, real aiming, more equipment makes you slower, a well aimed shot kills you, ... , ...

I still hope ArmA will be very complex in gameplay if you choose to play it that way. smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

@FallenPaladin

pic whistle.gif

Hmm.. Nothings been said about moving in vehicles, but VBS1 had (or was going to have) a patch that allowed walking around in vehicles, putting other vehicles in etc (There was a video made of it, which made it look pretty good.. It's still on the VBS1 site somewhere I assume.. It was called enhanced.mpg I think)

So.. If this was ever implimented in VBS1, there is a decent chance it'll make it's way into ArmA.. If it wasn't, there was obviously a reason it hasn't been put in.. But, since there was a video made of it working perfectly, given all the changes thats been made to the engine already, such a thing (espically if already coded) would be simple to put in..

Buut, nothing has been mentioned, but then again the ablity to shoot a gun hasn't been mentioned yet tounge2.gif (okay so it miight have, but that is beyond my point)

Possible? *Hopes so*

- Ben

Hmm.. Nothings been said about moving in vehicles, but VBS1 had (or was going to have) a patch that allowed walking around in vehicles, putting other vehicles in etc (There was a video made of it, which made it look pretty good.. It's still on the VBS1 site somewhere I assume.. It was called enhanced.mpg I think)

So.. If this was ever implimented in VBS1, there is a decent chance it'll make it's way into ArmA.. If it wasn't, there was obviously a reason it hasn't been put in.. But, since there was a video made of it working perfectly, given all the changes thats been made to the engine already, such a thing (espically if already coded) would be simple to put in..

Buut, nothing has been mentioned, but then again the ablity to shoot a gun hasn't been mentioned yet tounge2.gif (okay so it miight have, but that is beyond my point)

Possible? *Hopes so*

- Ben

Latest videos I have seen have shown the same old "climb on model" animation, so I dont think there'll be moving around in vehicles etc.

VBS1 has the same hideous get-in anim OFP has wink_o.gif

To get in the gunner position, I assume (nearly certain) the same animations are used.. Doesn't mean movoing in vehicles has/can't be/isn't going to be included

- Ben

I would like good ghillie suits that look realistic and actually work. As well as more modern sniper rifles such as the M40, M98, M21, L115A1, etc... It'd be cool if say you were in a certain area like next to brush, or grass, then your ghillie suit will look more like that object. (like if you tore off branches and placed them on your suit)

a guillie suite is extremly difficult to modell and animate, believe me i tried ... always looked like a turkeycostume

Why hasn't a decent ghille suit been made in a game yet.. confused_o.gif

Surely with all the shiney farbic phsyics a game or two would have tried by now.. Suppose not many games really need a ghille suit as anything more than a gimmic (I remeber DF2 had one, that didn't seem to do anything.. sad_o.gif )

- Ben

Well, now that i have a rough estimate of what will be in ArmA i must say i'm a bit dissapointed unit-wise, i was hoping for AAV-7A1s. I mean it's an island, who would the USA send if not the marines? Plus i was hoping to see a cheap export t-80 with somekind of ERA and some tunguskas and more modern equipment - yes i overcompensate with huge tracked vehicles.

It would be nice if the initial troop on Sarah was USArmy personnel, but the relief force sent by Uncle Sam would be a marine expeditionary force, or an entire division even.

But these are just hopes and dreams.

Guest Ti0n3r

It looks like most of the stuff I hoped for has been included. BUT;

I still hope for 3D ironsights. And I hope they'll release remakes of the Elite content later on. xmas_o.gif

In ArmA i hope that there will be an autodownload option for multiplayer

right now in OFP there are too many servers with addons that you dont have and thus cant get into and i think that if you have an autodownload option then you wont have to worry about finding a server that is actually playable

I just hope there'll be an easier way to sort Addons. My current addon folder is something like 8 gig, but I can't get rid of anything or I get about a million messages saying "blahblah needs blahblah" when I start the game. I don't even want to get rid of any, but at the moment OFP takes about 4-5 minutes to start! I'm completely getting rid of everything to do with OFP when ArmA comes out, though, so that won't be much of a problem for very long.

Well, now that i have a rough estimate of what will be in ArmA i must say i'm a bit dissapointed unit-wise, i was hoping for AAV-7A1s. I mean it's an island, who would the USA send if not the marines? Plus i was hoping to see a cheap export t-80 with somekind of ERA and some tunguskas and more modern equipment - yes i overcompensate with huge tracked vehicles.

It would be nice if the initial troop on Sarah was USArmy personnel, but the relief force sent by Uncle Sam would be a marine expeditionary force, or an entire division even.

But these are just hopes and dreams.

I agree on the Marines. It would have been nice to have some HOORAH in the ArmA.

However, I am guessing BIS does not have the resources to develop a whole new ladder of units (AAVs, LAVs, MARPAT, soldiers, etc). Still, that does not explain why they have the Super Cobra in there...

As for addtional units, it would make sence to have BTR-70/80 for the communists and M2A2 Bradley for use in order to balance the M113 and BMP-2 respectively.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "cheap export t-80", they are very rare outside of FSU and relatively expensive. I think it makes perfect sence to give a third world army t-72s and BMPs, because that's what they are likely to have in real life...

Peace,

DreDay

I was also hoping that you would play are regular Army and the Marines would come to your aid. I guess they would use Army men in opposed to Marines because maybe Marines were in more high demand in other places. Not to mention the US was actually expecting to get into a fight there or anything like that let alone have to invade an island.

Yeah...and if they used marines then people would star the "OMg you people stole the idea of bf2!" or some lame stuff like that...They may or may not be done with the game/adding stuff and whatnot yet,and don't forget,if somethings not there then the community can add it later on.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "cheap export t-80", they are very rare outside of FSU and relatively expensive. I think it makes perfect sence to give a third world army t-72s and BMPs, because that's what they are likely to have in real life...

Peace,

DreDay

Yes exactly. T-80 was probably only exported to MAYBE East Germany (i can't remember), but to no one else. It would be retarded to send top of the line tank to some small nation so that it be captured by Americans. I mean did you see USA exporting M1A1 tanks in the 80s? No.

But who knows...maybe Russians are involved in the war and will bring some of their T-80s over to help out their Northern Friends? thumbs-up.gif

Yeah...and if they used marines then people would star the "OMg you people stole the idea of bf2!" or some lame stuff like that...They may or may not be done with the game/adding stuff and whatnot yet,and don't forget,if somethings not there then the community can add it later on.

cause not, there is no AAV's in bf2, and that LAV is kind of lame! biggrin_o.gif