Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

Oh, ArmAss look like game2 now

I hope BIS do little RPG: character development, hp, skills,..

hp

Hell no! I doesn't matter if you're the strongest or the weakest man in the world, bullets rip through you all the same. Different staminas and strenght is ok and realistic too but not health points.

The only thing I want out of this game is for it to run better on modern hardware, and that is it. Everything else takes a lower priority for me, graphics especially. I think the graphics in OFP are fine as they are, especially when you take third party addons into account! The only other thing is probably the AI, as in, making them NOT see through trees and bushes (incredibly unfair advantage).

I will probably turn the graphics down to about OFP standard just for the frame rate. The day I can walk into a proper town/city in an OFP style game without lag, is the second coming. The messiah has arrived in game form!

Its my understanding Game 2 will have Ageia physics - and VBS features from reading up on the game makers comments.

The only VBS feature ive seen for AA is the collapsable bridge - which would include buildings id imagine.

There has been no mention of wether they will be using an Aegia card for physics.

AA to me seems pointless if Game 2 is also in production.

Game 2 I heard is 2 years away.

AA is about 6 months away.

I wish they - both companies would release some proposed recommended system specs with a bit more information on all this.

Quote[/b] ]AA to me seems pointless if Game 2 is also in production.
Of all the nonsense you managed fit in that post, this gotta be the weirdest part crazy_o.gif

You would actually want to wait a few years more? ArmA is basicly OFP on steroids, while Game2 is a lot more ambitious project and has loads of really innovative stuff never ever seen in a 1st person war game (for instance, dynamic campaign just to mention one 'tiny little feature' ). Maybe you should read the interviews that are already out there instead of making up stuff.

I'd really like to be able to stand on moving vehicles without falling off like landing on a mooving aircraft carrier and being able to walk around mid flight in say CSJ's 737's and attempt to seize control and you could role play negotiations and if it breaks down, organise an assault etc... also rather than selecting eject while your in a C130, you'd walk over to the door and simply walk out.

That would be cool. I just hope the physics in general are better: No more floating 5 ton trucks!

Nice and realistic sounds please  wink_o.gif

Edit : and a release date biggrin_o.gif

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6540/01220zr.jpg

Is this clone war, all faces look the same confused_o.gif

Come on, it's WIP screen biggrin_o.gif

if those are already new animations.. sad_o.gif

2 AIs are running exactly the same way..

would be nice if they varied a little among them,ie,

different movements , run etc..

why not having thin, fater, smaller, biger soldiers? that could create some optic ilusion and skip those resemblance as we can see in this pic.

Unless they've redone the entire of OFP's animation method, you are NOT going to see small variations in the walking anims, shorter people, same, again, unless they done an entire set of animations for them, or they allow animation scalling (That'd be possible, scale the model and animation randomly by a small ammount, to stop identical heights, just like objects can be scalled by the island maker)

But, really, does it matter even in the slightest if the units are the same height? I've played OFP for ~4 years now, and it's never once bothered me.. Most of the combat in OFP is either a few hundered meters away, when you can bearly work out how tall they are (Let alone that they have the same face texture..), or so close you don't really care if they have the same mustache icon_rolleyes.gif

I'd be nice to have scalable height soldiers (Being invaded by 2foot tall enemy soldiers would be fun tounge2.gif), but I really don't think it's that big a deal..

- Ben

The idea is this object. It should exist in ARMA with the meaning to use as an utility

alicat1.gif

Some animations could be implemented for this use..

I hope for a flashlight on weapons like on pistols. for tactical coop missions and for some addons in the future. and maybe to modify that flashlight to a laserpointer. laserpointer + flashlight on a pistol would be "ass"shiting nice wink_o.gif

And maybe to have two guns in your hands? only at pistols not on riffles. like this smiley here pistols.gif

would be nice, to walk with two uzis

ltrs

And maybe to have two guns in your hands? only at pistols not on riffles. like this smiley here pistols.gif

ltrs

It would be even nicer to shoot with two UZIs wink_o.gif

one thing i figured out would be cool for mp purposes would be to have a system when you have been killed you would get to watch a replay from the player or a.i's view that killed you tounge2.gif

but of course you should be able to hit a key to skip watching the replay and go to respawn or spectating or whatever wink_o.gif

I just remembered something that was bothering me since i started playing OFP. Hand grenades. There are only grenades with contact method of detonation. Are they still in use? I wish we have grenades with timed fuse. Pls, correct me if i'm wrong.

Edit: What i mean is, the grenades explode on contact with ground, they don't roll in a direction of the throw, which they should if they had timed fuse (3-7 seconds or something like that)

ltrs

This is OFP, not Max Payne, if you tired firing two uzis, or even two 9mm pistols, you'd know all about it banghead.gif

ltrs

This is OFP, not Max Payne, if you tired firing two uzis, or even two 9mm pistols, you'd know all about it banghead.gif

Indeed, but it would be nice to have the abilty to mod the game into being able to use two weapons at once, no? That way you coouuld make a May Payne-ish mod if you so wanted

- Ben

The idea is this object. It should exist in ARMA with the meaning to use as an utility

[ig]http://mipagina.euskaltel.es/jafl/lwt/manualenc/alicat1.gif[/img]

Some animations could be implemented for this use..

Weee,castration for all!

Currently the most I'm hoping for would be the ability to walk on moving vehicles,this would give a whole new life to helicopters,planes,ships,subs,eventually maybe there would be an Armsed Assault under water type thing..who knows...I wonder if its also possible to have "locked doors"...say for a mod you want to do some "rpg' elemental stuff or something...like..okay you need a key or a card to open a door,without it you cannot open that door,or is that already possible?

The ability to change the insignia on your equipment, or the national flag on your clothing, in game, from the menue. I like seing whoose from what country tounge2.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I just thought about something that could be very useful for any mission editor, n00b or l33t icon6.gif

A new "combat mode"; asleep (with some kind of suitable animation). This could be quite useful in any mission taking place during the night time or early morning. This is how I thought it could work;

Create a hold waypoint and set the behaviour to asleep. The AI will be asleep until the next waypoint or until they hear gunfire etc.

I know, it's possible to script this. But I'd love to have it as a part of the game. Though I don't think it will be there. But I hope so smile_o.gif

An asleep animation and mode would be great. Can just imagine a mission where you stumble onto an enemy camp in the woods at night. inlove.gif