Sign in to follow this  
Poulary

Bridge Tank

Is there any MOD out there that is planning to make a tank that folds out to make a bridge?

Thx

Max

Is there any MOD out there that is planning to make a tank that folds out to make a bridge?

Thx

Max

Operation Gulf War crisis made one but it wasn't totally functionable. I made a test model myself and I got it to work except the AI refuses to drive over the bridge banghead.gif

we always thought along the lines of replacing the deployed bridge with a model bridge with roadways etc attached - basically teleporting a proper bridge into place smile_o.gif

Ive always felt storngly about this (Considering i was the bod that made the model for OPGWC) Problem was i didnt know what a config was back then

we always thought along the lines of replacing the deployed bridge with a model bridge with roadways etc attached - basically teleporting a proper bridge into place smile_o.gif

Yep that's how my bridge works. But AI still don't drive over it only humans can. It basically works like this:

1. Bridge gets folded out

2. "unlink" the bridge, hide the bridge which is part of the vehicle and create a bridge object

Dropped the project long time ago. It was basically a modified M60 model with a bridge on it, some animations and a simple script. Don't think I have it on my HD anymore confused_o.gif

hmmm... one of those AI annoynaces i think - unless it's there on the island , they wont touch it confused_o.gif

We currently have one in the making altho im not sure when it will be finished. I think even if the AI cant use it would be good for players to use in missions and is always nice eye candy too.

blg60m2.jpg

one question? do you not think that these bridges are to short for OFP? These bridges are made for small creeks and rivers 20m-30m i guess. But in OFP you won´t find this kind of small rivers cos they must be at last 2 squares width (100m) ... so ... a module bridge transporter would make more sense (M1977 with BAP as example)

one question? do you not think that these bridges are to short for OFP? These bridges are made for small creeks and rivers 20m-30m i guess. But in OFP you won´t find this kind of small rivers cos they must be at last 2 squares width (100m) ... so ... a module bridge transporter would make more sense (M1977 with BAP as example)

That's another reason why I abandoned the project. You hardly ever have such a small creek/river/ditch in OFP confused_o.gif

You hardly ever have such a small creek/river/ditch in OFP confused_o.gif

You <s>hardly</s> <span style='color:red'>N</span>ever have such a small creek/river/ditch in OFP

You <s>hardly</s> <span style='color:red'>N</span>ever have such a small creek/river/ditch in OFP

Never say never whistle.gif

But I agree that it would be fairly useless for OFP however it would be nice eyecandy smile_o.gif

But I agree that it would be fairly useless for OFP however it would be nice eyecandy smile_o.gif

agreed

well,it would be useful in MP.If you cant cross the bridge,you can always crush your enemies with the mass of this thing. tounge2.gif

maybe someone will make a small river into ofp.its not that hard.

HEY! Theres one on that old Ardennes island! biggrin_o.gif And Anjou island too! biggrin_o.gif

the Island you shown with the link is VERY small wink_o.gif and ha a lot of objects :P looks good but is laggy :P

maybe a copy of the M60 project iron sight would get this alive again as ive always wanted this project to Succeed

news1228_2.jpg

news1228_1.jpg

i think these vehicles with folding bridges, pontons and etc. should be most important, basicaly not looking to ofp, but to arma... at least prepare models or gather some data/info...

we should have be prepared for arma smile_o.gif

ok, but the island is small and cause a crash to most computers ... or a endless waiting time. And i think Armed Assault change nothing on the square size in relation to the perfomance.

My opinion is this, "Built it and they will come!"  If both Pontoon and Folding bridges are built then, maybe the map makers will build maps with more of this type of terrian it.

Isn't there a WWII Pontoon Bridge already?

No not really but there is one that is WRP-edit placeable. Not even an object in the editor.

HOWEVER... there is a modern day one that is placeable in editor.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3954

Foolish mortals.

I remember that addon. Was great fun. Too bad it's unusable for AI. At least I was never able to let an AI drive over it.

Quote[/b] ]maybe a copy of the M60 project iron sight would get this alive again as ive always wanted this project to Succeed

I will try to dig it up but I don't know if I have it on my HD anymore. It was basically a modified script from Combat's M577 (tent placing script). All the magic is in the script wink_o.gif

funny that last week i almost posted about this same idea...i was reading a ww2 book and when i saw pictures of those bridges mounted on top of tanks,i thought this would be a great adition to the game... from what i could read here the ai's not acepting the bridge as crossable right? how does the human player faces it? can u cross it ok?

a great alternative to this kind of bridge is a ferryboat..i searched and didnt found any for ofp...did anyone ever tryed it??

it could work with a cargo script (like the one used in the big mi)

found this pic in a fast search on google...

man3.jpg

more kinds of bridges here at military bridges

if there's anyone interested in trying to make a script for this let me know...the model for this ferry seems very simple to do.

The German army has a most ingenus bridging system. They are like vehicles that convert to a boat of sorts. Does anyone here know what I am talking about, I saw it on TV. It was really neat! Maybe the BW Mod guys know what I am talking about.

The M3?

3.jpg

The British Army uses them too. Impressive little things; they can be linked together in long lines to form pontoon bridges that can be shifted about up and down stream or into small groups to form ferries than can move about with vehicles loaded onto them.