Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

I second what Marco said - some ACU and model tweaking would be greatly appreciated. Looking foward to the update. smile_o.gif

I`ve found a cwc campaign mission that is not working with FFUR 2006.

Mission: Rescue

Error: AT Soldiers didn`t attack the T72.

The plan is to wait until that T72 is destroyed. huh.gif

It makes no difference when i set the viewdistance to 900m. help.gif

I got a couple of things that would be nice for your FFUR updates.

-RG-31 Mine Protective Vehicle

-Strykers

Nice idea, too bad they havent been made in OFP whistle.gif

Can you randomize the googles ? i mean that some units will have it up, and some down, randomized smile_o.gif

Its sound easy to do but i guess it is complex, i dont know nothing about editing models/cfg etc ..

Strkyers really should replace the M113A3 becuase the M113 is no longer in service with the US. I think it would make a good replacement becuase..

1. the strkyer carries about the same amount of troops as m113 enough to not break any missions.

2. It can have a mounted .50 like the m113.

The M113 is still in service today since the 1960's. It is like the M16, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Don't get me wrong, they should still leave the M113 vehicle without a doubt. They should just add a Stryker. Especially under Groups, Mechanized Infantry in the Mission Editor. All Brigade Combat Teams in the U.S. (more newer integrated mechanized force) all use Strykers.

This should help out for great modern war mods like FFUR:

http://www.army.mil/fact_files_site/

They already have about 80% of the stuff down which I am overly pleased with. You know the M40/M42 Field Protective Mask would be cool to add on models. I know the UHK models allows us to take helmets off and replace them with a berets and also paint faces. I bet FFUR modders can easily add an on/off feature on the action list for the Field Protective Mask. I know it sounds useless with the addition and removal of goggles, but a lot of BIS/BIA players play these games to role play as a Soldier. Yes, I do find myself positioning my model to sit down and look at the sun set or salute the flag/officers. Why can't my assault rifle/machine gunners put on their goggles in the heat of a battle or gas masks to make believe their are deadly chemicals? I download these mods/add-ons to play as a soldier from an era or foreign military. I spend a lot of time on looking at how cool models look from these talented guys. I would like to see them with gear that is also avaible in the real world. A lot of OFP players like to take screen shots and post them. This is because of OFPs constant add-ons. We like to see nice screen shots of new things or just screen shots that like really awesome. It would be cool to screen shot a platoon wearing gas masks walking down the desert ala Jarhead. Haha. I don't know, that is just the beauty of BIS/BIA games thanks to the breakthrough of OFP. The game we have yet to see any limits on. Remember, the innovation of OFP is the additions.

Strkyers really should replace the M113A3 becuase the M113 is no longer in service with the US. I think it would make a good replacement becuase..

1. the strkyer carries about the same amount of troops as m113 enough to not break any missions.

2. It can have a mounted .50 like the m113.

Once again - hasnt been made whistle.gif

M113 is still in use with US Army - http://www.geocities.com/equipmentshop/m113combat.htm

Nice pack, I didn't want to download it actually (because I consider my comp slow), but the ACU troops pulled me over the line. I must say, it doesn't lag that much (it's well within acceptable limits). biggrin_o.gif

I just have a few suggestions smile_o.gif

- How about replacing the M60 with a M1A1(Dig. not desert)? AFAIK M60, are not used today?

- The cobra could become a AH-64A, while the other apache could become a longbow. (I tried this myself, but I get an error, something with, could not load missing addon AH64??)

- Change the (this is only for the ACU config) M4 to M16 (a M16 with an M4 model/skin), so that you can get ammo in the first campaign training missions.

I have not been keeping up with this thread, don't bitch at me if this question has been asked, because i don't want to hear your crap. and yes I have check about 10 to 15 pages back and did not see this answer.

Is FFUR doing a Modern Desert War... Cause that is what it looks like or is this already out.

My main OFP news source is ofp.info and well you know the deal over there atm, so I don't really have a clue on anything about.

You know what b_ringer, I was wondering about the same thing. I noticed the humvees are still in green camo too along with a few other things. A lot of upcoming wars/battles are going to be fought in the sand pits so why not emphasize on it, right?

We also have discovered that desert unts are missing on FFUR however I think this is not really a big trouble since the mod allows you to use the most up to dated additional add ons.

Fors instance in SWAF we are using the CBT Humvee Pack that includes desert units.

We have seen that FFUR just includes 2 or 3 or the CBT pack and all of the green so using the full pack is just compatible and works just nice.

Same goes for the infantry units and so.

I guess that this mod of already 500+ Meg should have to include Artic and desert units, its size would be much bigger.

We are exerimenting with additional high quality add ons on our server along FFUr and they just work fine.

For instance the OWP Mi-8 Pack, we already us it and works flawesly. FFUR includes one of the Mi-8 from OWP but with no scripts. On SWAF server we have the full OWP Mi-8 Pack and we use it on our missions.

We have all this additional add ons on a different mod folder than FFUr to avoid possible conflicts and it just work nice.

This is the one of the greatest things of this mod that is quite friendly with other add ons.

Most of the new add ons we have tested along FFUR work nice.

Hi,

Is there a way for a mission maker to know if any version of FFUR is running? (some variable to check like for ECP)

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]- How about replacing the M60 with a M1A1(Dig. not desert)? AFAIK M60, are not used today?

- The cobra could become a AH-64A, while the other apache could become a longbow. (I tried this myself, but I get an error, something with, could not load missing addon AH64??)

This is not the first time I'm facing such suggestions, they're great and rational but they somehow decrease the models variety in game and they break an aspect of some of BIS missions which are entirely focused on the Cobra and the M60.

Let's democracy decide it, if multiple people would request the same suggestion then we'll go ahead and do it.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-Shoulder kevlar on ACU models

-ACU Vest (Woodland is kind of outdated, you did a good job on the Officer model on FFUR2006 when it came to the ACU Vest, all other models had woodland camo)

-ACU is made specific so that the collar won't get in the way of the kevlar vests around the neck. They are able to fold up to create a ring around the neck. You can kind of see it on the last image.

We're working on...

Quote[/b] ]I`ve found a cwc campaign mission that is not working with FFUR 2006.

AI crews & AT/Law soldiers abilities have been decreased in order to avoid getting tanks destroyed from 2 or 3 miles away, but they'd be redefined as they were previously.

Quote[/b] ]Can you randomize the googles ? i mean that some units will have it up, and some down, randomized

We will put'em back due to the large number of requests...

Quote[/b] ]We have all this additional add ons on a different mod folder than FFUr to avoid possible conflicts and it just work nice.

This is the one of the greatest things of this mod that is quite friendly with other add ons.

Most of the new add ons we have tested along FFUR work nice

This was one of our top priority objectives, 'glad to know that it works as it should so far. :-)

Quote[/b] ]Is FFUR doing a Modern Desert War... Cause that is what it looks like or is this already out.

This might be interesting but it could be done ONLY if the update of the FFUR 1985 Desert would be cancelled because of the lack of time.

But as mentioned above, it depends only on people opinion.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

- How about replacing the M60 with a M1A1(Dig. not desert)? AFAIK M60, are not used today?

- Change the (this is only for the ACU config) M4 to M16 (a M16 with an M4 model/skin), so that you can get ammo in the first campaign training missions.

I'll second that smile_o.gif!

Quote[/b] ]- How about replacing the M60 with a M1A1(Dig. not desert)? AFAIK M60, are not used today?

This is not the first time I'm facing such suggestions, they're great and rational but they somehow decrease the models variety in game and they break an aspect of some of BIS missions which are entirely focused on the Cobra and the M60.

Let's democracy decide it, if multiple people would request the same suggestion then we'll go ahead and do it.

In the CWC mission where you fly the Apache, the briefing claims that you are flying a Cobra...So it doesnt really break anything. The only problem is that I think that the US Army upgraded all it's AH-64As to Longbow standard. Perhaps you could have different loadouts - like the Cobra could be replaced with the current apache, and the apache be replaced by one with 16 Hellfires and 2 stingers or something like that.

As for the M1A1 to replace the M60, Im all for it!

Quote[/b] ]Change the (this is only for the ACU config) M4 to M16 (a M16 with an M4 model/skin), so that you can get ammo in the first campaign training missions.

Even better - leave the M16 as the weapon for Riflemen and Grenadiers like in the BDU version.

EDIT:

I thought your use of the SJB AKS-47 was a bit odd considering you already use the RHS AKM. No offence to the weapons master, but I like RHS's AKs much more.

oh yeah thought of something which could have something to do with the sky pack causing CTD's.

I remember trying to install it half way through trying to extract it, it froze the installer was still working but it just didnt want to extract one file think it was at 880files it said at the top so maybe this could help you find out there could be an error or something wrong with one of the files.

I kept trying the installer and eventurly it worked so i didnt bother about saying anything but just thought it could have something to do with the CTD

Quote[/b] ]This might be interesting but it could be done ONLY if the update of the FFUR 1985 Desert would be cancelled because of the lack of time.

Hell Yes!! No one is really interested in an 85' campaign all over again if we can just get a modern one! I personally would like to see a modern desert one with Desert Vests over the ACU Pattern and the desert vehicles and such.

Im glad you guys are puttin the goggles back in because that just made soldiers look so much better.

I also agree with replacing the M60 with the m1a1, and the cobra with the ah64a and just have the apache as the longbow.

AND CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME MORE GAMES ON THE SWAF FFUR SERVER!!

the goggles were still on the model just didnt let you use them which i think was the best idea cause it clutters your action menu if you want to quickly get you law out you can normally just press enter but with the goggles it lowers my goggles when i never wanted that and just pisses me off basically

Just my opinion

Oh and yeah i would prefer a modern desert conflict then a 85 one

Hopefully with these new requests for different units, scripts, etc this won't affect the issue of lag. As the current version of FFUR 2006 is a lot smoother than the previous one. Thanks

Quote[/b] ]This might be interesting but it could be done ONLY if the update of the FFUR 1985 Desert would be cancelled because of the lack of time.

Hell Yes!! No one is really interested in an 85' campaign all over again if we can just get a modern one! I personally would like to see a modern desert one with Desert Vests over the ACU Pattern and the desert vehicles and such.

Im glad you guys are puttin the goggles back in because that just made soldiers look so much better.

I also agree with replacing the M60 with the m1a1, and the cobra with the ah64a and just have the apache as the longbow.

AND CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME MORE GAMES ON THE SWAF FFUR SERVER!!

You'll be glad to know that the S-4 addons and missions department of SWAF are currently working on some dynamic Libya coops. I'm working on a totally dynamic counter insurgency mission which uses the whole of Libya and will be loosely based on what's going on in Iraq at the moment. Basically patrol/protect key civilian areas and industrial targets from insurgent attack. This mission will of course be totally FFUR compatible and should be ready for public use on our server from Sunday night wink_o.gif

On the subject of desert camo,etc... The ACU pattern was adopted just for this reason : It is suitable for both woodland and desert theatres of operation wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I`ve found a cwc campaign mission that is not working with FFUR 2006.

AI crews & AT/Law soldiers abilities have been decreased in order to avoid getting tanks destroyed from 2 or 3 miles away, but they'd be redefined as they were previously.

Isn`t this mod made for people that whant to play the original camaigns with new units?

The AT crew in the mission rescue is not 2 or 3 miles away and don`t attack the T72. That brakes the campaign, whe can`t play the campaign completly in FFUR 2006. The "endmission cheat" can`t help here, the mission is at it`s start and the T72 has to be destroyed by the AI before anything else can be done. help.gif

Isn`t this mod made for people that whant to play the original camaigns with new units?

The AT crew in the mission rescue is not 2 or 3 miles away and don`t attack the T72. That brakes the campaign, whe can`t play the campaign completly in FFUR 2006. The "endmission cheat" can`t help here, the mission is at it`s start and the T72 has to be destroyed by the AI before anything else can be done. help.gif

There's an "end mission cheat"? huh.gif

rofl.gif

n00bs tounge2.gif