Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]I have to say that after seeing those first ACU pictures you posted, TB, I wasn't impressed at all. I agree that it looked like winter camo

With pics like this on the internet, you cant blame people who arent american for knowing what to use as a "current" refference. That is ACU as well down below.

acu6.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Oh, and TB84, could you please please please make an ACU cover for the Interceptor armour? Maybe not on the standard riflemen, but for the officer, like KMan suggested?

ACU Officer

acuofficer7eo.jpg

acuofficer25qg.jpg

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]Like in Real life, and you have to know that most of the current MBTs carry a heavy machine gun especially intended to take out choppers flying low.

I've searched for unit replacement with backward compatibility. You are basically telling me that i picked wrong mod smile_o.gif

an alternate perspective here.

i too am playing through PMC Fury using FFUR.

I have not percieved any imbalance. in fact the helicopters still chew up the enemy vehicles as much as before - so its refreshing to see them being taken out occasionally. not that it happens much though.

PS - i understand the MP config coming will give us unit replacemnets with great compatability with BIS original config + any others out there. i myself will use ECP + the FFUR unit replacements quite a bit.

TB, do you keep German Army soldier 'with backpack' in uncoming FFUR euro patch?

The huge backpack looks too heavy and bothering to him, in running and rolling, considering it has nothing within - no more equipments or weapons. Actually it's useless in game. I don't know whether or not German Amry infantry wears such a big one in real action other than troops movement or shift. But I'd like to see him without that heavy burden. It doesn't affect the gameplay itself at all though.

Just a suggestion.

Quote[/b] ]TB, do you keep German Army soldier 'with backpack' in uncoming FFUR euro patch?

we'd take it out.

Actually, we're entirely focused on the FFUR 2006 but the FFUR Euro would come later, though,

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Can we have a more infos about the release...

How long do you think, you need to finish or in %

Thx - BlackBurn

ACU officer looking great, TB. biggrin_o.gif

In reality, do the riflemen use the same armour + webbing system as the officers? (I'm hoping to simply retex the riflemen with the officer ACU armour, heheh!wink_o.gif

Thanks for taking up KMan's request,

2LT McDonald.

PS. Glad Shilka is working!

sit tight and be patient, after completion it still needs testing then bug fixing then final testing then it will needed to be hosted

Just another 'bug'...

In the Winter pack, the parachutes dont work, you get a error like Error finding File ffurd/addons/halochute.paa or something, and when you try and play 'Counter Strike' the mission in the CWC campaign, you just hang in the air and you invisible...

So something you might want to fix up...

Hi,

I'm currently making very intensive tests in order to take out all survivor issues, most of them have been fixed, though but I think it would be better that we'd involve more time and energy by delaying a bit the project instead of publishing it immediately and apologizing a few days laters because of some forgotten bugs, heh.

Btw, several very skilled people in Beta-testing have kindly offered us their help for this part of the project, though.

Quote[/b] ]In reality, do the riflemen use the same armour + webbing system as the officers? (I'm hoping to simply retex the riflemen with the officer ACU armour, heheh!

Not that I'm lazy, but as far as I've seen, Officers ACU are almost similar to Soldiers ones.

Quote[/b] ]In the Winter pack, the parachutes dont work

Already reported a while ago, btw FFUR 85 packs updates would hopefully be released just after the FFUR Euro one.

But as said above, we're entirely focused on the FFUR 2006 right now.

smile_o.gif

Btw, Here's a minor update:

BIS crater replaced by a new one (inspired from real life), and the same goes for bullets impacts.

crater25xg.jpg

As you could see, It still requires a few enhancements.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Nice, looks like you have the ACU down as far as pattern goes thumbs-up.gif

The crater looks great as well..I like the "photorealistic" look.

ACU looks a little bright.

Here are some shots of it in the field:

fa35e7ba.jpg

pi021406a1.jpg

pi021406a3.jpg

pi021406a5.jpg

I'd say tone down the contrast and add a tint of "tan" to it.

Quote[/b] ]The crater looks great as well..I like the "photorealistic" look.

Glad you appreciate it even if it still requires a couple of improvements.

Quote[/b] ]How can i be a beta tester?

Thanks for your offer but we're almost done with that.

Quote[/b] ]ACU looks a little bright.

Here are some shots of it in the field:

Trust me, they absolutely don't look that bright in game, btw, If you get a look on the previous pages of this thread you might notice that the camo brightness of the first ACU was 3x higher than the last update, even VBS1 ACU units look brighter, though...heh.

Another enhancement by the way.

Replaced the deaths animations by new realistic ones, and added 4 other random ones, though.

Here's a sample of one of the new implemented anims.

deathanimation6bj.jpg

Thanks to dezoom for making'em and to Pappy for informing me about'em.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

the anims looking good smile_o.gif also the animations,

GJ thunderbird ! smile_o.gif

question

any ESTIMATEd time about the release ?

During your bug testing, it might be worthwhile to run through some of the single-player and campaign missions to see if  there are any major conflicts or issues. I've noticed in the past that missions are often broken or unfinishable due to the changes implemented by the excellent FFUR.

great looking anims but i cant seem to tell the difference with the crater how about a few more screenies from different angles

Great work,Thunderbird!'ll download it as soon as it'll be released! thumbs-up.gif

Well,but just one question...Can you release your crate and death anims separate with FFUR for using it with for example CSLA 2?This's just because FFUR itself don't have wide choice of resistance wehicles and conflict with addons you used for replacement... confused_o.gif Will be very glad if you will.

you say you are updatings john's smoke and fire effects?

Will the installer be the same or will it be a new one cause if possible i would love an installer which would install the effects into a mod folder and can be run with -mod=JohnsFire

for example

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]any ESTIMATEd time about the release ?

A couple of days.

Quote[/b] ]During your bug testing, it might be worthwhile to run through some of the single-player and campaign missions to see if there are any major conflicts or issues

More efforts will be involved than 'was originally planned.

Quote[/b] ]great looking anims but i cant seem to tell the difference with the crater how about a few more screenies from different angles

Will come up with a couple of shots and informations ASAP.

Quote[/b] ]Can you release your crate and death anims separate with FFUR for using it with for example CSLA 2?This's just

&

Will the installer be the same or will it be a new one cause if possible i would love an installer which would install the effects into a mod folder and can be run with -mod=JohnsFire

There would be an extra installer of ~120 MB that will include Llauma sky/ Enhanced John's effect/ FFUR new Crater/ Llauma rain and moon... etc especially intended to >128MB graphic cards.

Btw,

Feel free to post any song (preferably rock ones) you would like we'd implement instead of BIS resistance songs.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Oh boyyy biggrin_o.gifyay.gif

Rage Against The Machine - Pistol Grip Pump

Rage Against The Machine - Bulls On Parade

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name

Rammstein - Feuer Frei

Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt

Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

Status Quo - In The Army Now

AC/DC - Thunderstruck